News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: erlectric on February 22, 2022, 07:34:47 PM
sorry for offtopic

after reading your recent posts i checked aliexpress and bought my first PNSO figures (Lambeosaurus and Ankylosaurus, $18 each with free shipping).

Quote from: Psittacoraptor
link=topic=10020.msg314074#msg314074 date=1645546189

Never seen them offer a higher discount than 20%, and even that is rare.
and Essien is on sale too (25% off)!

quite decent sale's going on right now, folks.

it is so tempting to get the new Styracosaurus too  ::)
The Styracosaurus is a superb figure. You may want to grab it while it's less expensive and BEFORE the second round of painting which is invariably of lower quality.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I wouldn't use the stand for Tsintaosaurus, but having seen how it fits others, I think I could use it for the Helicoprion, which wants to fall over on its stand as is.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Oh, come on, I missed on this guy!  :'( I was going to order it before, but wanted to get to do it after dinner. Now the sale is gone! What the heck LoL, I swear I read the sale was still going for a day more. Well, I still plan to get it at some point, I imagine there will be more sales through the year...*sad Concavenator noises*

PrimevalRaptor

That Tsintaosaurus looks amazing, love the way the colors blend and especially the way the neck is sculpted, looks very naturalistic.

Pliosaurking

Glad to see this one matches the promo pics

Flaffy

Wanted to share this custom:

https://www.instagram.com/gex_pdroche
"Iguanodon (PNSO customization and repaint commission).
This figure is awesome! This time the customer wanted a more accurated head shape, and adding cheeks. Not all scientists agree this new "no-cheeks" herbivore fashion, mostly in animals with shredder tooth batteries."

- Gex P Droche

360 degree video view: https://www.facebook.com/726451527/videos/pcb.3046443328830016/403573058232156

SidB

That's the shape of head that most associate with a classical Iguanodon. Looks great.

Faras

PNSO Tsintaosaurus

Most pics (except the one below) were taken in afternoon sun.

Common issue: seams on the belly (more visible on right side), detail loss behind hindlegs, stripes are asymmetric.
Spoiler

[close]

Overall tone is very close to Zhuchengtyrannus. Lovely blue stripes, striking crest (the black look slightly out of place as other colours are slightly faded). imo the paints are pleasingly vivid (and more natural than Corythosaurus or Lambeosaurus).
Spoiler

[close]

Nice touch of red on the nose. Some gloss on the head.
Spoiler

[close]

Pose, musculature and details are on standard PNSO level - natural and lively, but not outstanding next to other PNSO dinos.
Spoiler

[close]

They've added extra plastic pieces to protect the box during shipping.
Spoiler
[close]

The base is better suited for marine figures tbh (no pole in package, used those from other stands in pic).
Spoiler

[close]

Hmm the figure is decent, but due to its size, flaws (seams, detail loss) and high price (esp compared to Zhuchengtyrannus and Parasaurolophus)I'd suggest wait for March sale.

SRF

Thanks again for all that info avatar_Faras @Faras. Since you've mentioned a sale in March, do you know when that will be? Since AliExpress seems to follow the same schedule when it comes to when discounts are applied, I'll happily wait for March to pick up the Zhuchengtyrannus and maybe a few other figures. For me the Tsintaosaurus will not be among them however. The Olorotitan will be if I can get it at a discount. 
But today, I'm just being father

MLMjp

Faras

My pleasure :) avatar_SRF @SRF I'm not entirely sure, judging from past experience it should be around first week of March.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faras @Faras Thank you for the photos and information. I want to buy this figure in the PNSO Aliexpress store. I will wait for the first week of March or whatever time it is, but on the other hand, is there an Aliexpress store where they have this figure available right now?

Despite the figure's flaws, I still like it as the one from PNSO for personal reasons and personal tastes related to the fact that it is one of my favorite herbivorous dinosaurs, on the other hand, where did you buy that figure? I want to have it after a year and a half of drought in terms of purchases on Aliexpress and the PNSO brand in a conscious and deliberate way for saving reasons, other dinosaurs can pass but a tsintaosaurus is no longer an excuse for me to buy it.

I hope that PNSO makes a majestic abelisaurid apart from their carnotaurus like majungasaurus, rajasaurus or the one that gives name to the abelisaurus species, it will be another must buy. My congratulations for having on your shelves one of the most curious lambeosaurine hadrosaurids in the fossil record from my point of view, despite its scientific update.

Faras

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I have little idea, sorry :( tho high chance Tsintaosaurus will appear on AliExpress by March. Bought mine on Taobao as I live in China :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faras @Faras I understand thanks for the information. I'll wait for March then.  Thanks. :)

SRF

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus PNSO's own store on AliExpress will be the first one to have the Tsintaosaurus in stock. If there is a sale going on next week, I'm not sure the discount will apply on newer releases though. With the last sale in January, discounts were applied quite randomly on figures.

Since I'm on the look out to purchase the Zhuchengtyrannus, I will keep an eye out for you next week if the sale is applied. If the Tsintaosaurus is available I'll share it here, if someone else doesn't beat me to it of course.
But today, I'm just being father

Faelrin

avatar_Faras @Faras Thank you for all the images of the new Tsintaosaurus. Very nice seeing it among all the previous ornithopods as well. Who knew we would have so many beautiful hadrosaurids (and from one company to boot) in such a short 2 year time? Long over due, but also well worth the wait. Now I await for them (if not anyone else) to do saurolophine hadrosaurids, like Brachylophosaurus, Maiasaura, Saurolophus, and so on. Ouranosaurus would be nice as well, since they did a mini too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Faras on February 24, 2022, 11:53:14 AM
PNSO Tsintaosaurus

Most pics (except the one below) were taken in afternoon sun.

Hmm the figure is decent, but due to its size, flaws (seams, detail loss) and high price (esp compared to Zhuchengtyrannus and Parasaurolophus)I'd suggest wait for March sale.

Thanks for posting all of the nice photos! It looks really nice but there is no way I'm spending $60 plus dollars on this.  I'll wait until the black friday sales later in the year only then will I consider getting this.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on February 22, 2022, 09:55:43 PM
Quote from: erlectric on February 22, 2022, 07:34:47 PM
sorry for offtopic

after reading your recent posts i checked aliexpress and bought my first PNSO figures (Lambeosaurus and Ankylosaurus, $18 each with free shipping).

Quote from: Psittacoraptor
link=topic=10020.msg314074#msg314074 date=1645546189

Never seen them offer a higher discount than 20%, and even that is rare.
and Essien is on sale too (25% off)!

quite decent sale's going on right now, folks.

it is so tempting to get the new Styracosaurus too  ::)
The Styracosaurus is a superb figure. You may want to grab it while it's less expensive and BEFORE the second round of painting which is invariably of lower quality.
I got one coming in the mail later this week, I can't wait to see on my display case. 

Psittacoraptor

Tsintaosaurus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MLBXRPK/ and Styracosaurus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MLQLMBB/ are now available on Amazon.com with Prime shipping & 8% discount.

Over9K

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: