News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys / Haolonggood - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 07, 2022, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Bad timing with that unremarkable T. rex. The competition for T. rex figures is stiff and they aren't bringing anything new to the table with this one. It's a very average figure when stacked up against the likes of BoTM, Rebor, PNSO, and even Safari. The Therizinosaurus on the other hand is probably the best figure of that animal, it certainly appeals to me more than CollectA's or Papo's.

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on May 31, 2022, 12:16:34 AMit certainly appeals to me more than CollectA's or Papo's.

There really aren't that many good Therizinosaurus figures out there... That said, I certainly do prefer the paunch of both Papo's and CollectA's, even if the overall presentation of this new figure is better than both.

SidB

The Theri is a possible candidate to put my Papo one into storage, but I'm going to wait and see on this figure. I wonder if the base is a compulsory purchase or not - it's fine, but I'm not sure if I really need it. Sharp looking, though.

SenSx

Quote from: SidB on May 31, 2022, 03:47:35 AMThe Theri is a possible candidate to put my Papo one into storage, but I'm going to wait and see on this figure. I wonder if the base is a compulsory purchase or not - it's fine, but I'm not sure if I really need it. Sharp looking, though.

Same here, I still love the Papo one, but that Therizinosaurus is really good, I do like the face on my side.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on May 30, 2022, 05:23:20 PMThese sculpts would have been quite fitting (our expectations and wishes) 10 or more years ago, I think. I am sorry if I sound overly critical, but I really think the head of Therizinosaurus (and the abrupt border between scaly and 'furry') is very ugly. Somehow I would have expected better from GR-Toys. 
Looking at my Papo figure, the transition between the two areas doesn't seem radically better than on the new figure IMO. In any case, it's nothing that a bit of cosmetic work can't fix. However, I do like the longer claws on the new one. That had been a big disappointment on Papo's interpretation. It was puzzling why they didn't seize the opportunity to make properly long claws, which would have given it more saleability, I  would think.

Takama

Im surprised no one noticed a similarity between Haolonggoods and the Dinosaur Dungeons therizinosaurus.

Im sure its coincidence. but to me its uncanny

Thialfi

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/1005004354148655.html?gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite

There is a pre-order up for the therizinosaurus, it's priced at over a 100 Euros (base included though), which is waaaay too steep for me unfortunately.

Carnoking

Yeah, that's way too much for a figure I'm only lukewarm to. Guess these are gonna be a skip.

Faras

Quote from: Thialfi on June 01, 2022, 04:17:09 PMhttps://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/1005004354148655.html?gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite

There is a pre-order up for the therizinosaurus, it's priced at over a 100 Euros (base included though), which is waaaay too steep for me unfortunately.

Jeez... I thought slightly higher prices than Winter Wilson in domestic market was a bummer ::)

Bread

With taxes or whatever extra fees, it comes out to $90. Not worth it in my eyes. Maybe with one of the sales, but its on a back burner for me.

The only thing I'd love to have is the base.

Hopefully, GR Toys or Haolonggood will realize they messed up with their Therizinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. I am still looking forward to the Acrocanthosaurus, but at the moment my expectations are low.

SidB

In Canadian dollars, that's heavyweight money. But I'm not surprised that prices are heading upwards. Makes me VERY appreciative of, say, Safari's price structure, in comparison. Even PNSO doesn't seem so brutal, comparatively.

ceratopsian

Given that I need to add on 20% in VAT, that's an expensive model.  I really need to see a better picture before I would think of committing.

Dusty Wren

Oof, yeah, that's more than I was expecting, too. I like the figure, but I'm not sure I like it enough to commit to that price.
Check out my customs thread!

SenSx

Yes same here, I might keep the Papo...

Thialfi

Quote from: SidB on June 01, 2022, 05:10:02 PMIn Canadian dollars, that's heavyweight money. But I'm not surprised that prices are heading upwards. Makes me VERY appreciative of, say, Safari's price structure, in comparison. Even PNSIO doesn't seem so brutal, comparatively.

Right? I was thinking exactly the same, how blessed we are that our hobby has companies like Safari and CollectA around that make collecting even accessible to small wallets.

I get the increased prices, especially for smaller companies and the increase in price of production and materials, but I unfortunately just don't see €100 worth of dinosaur here. Which is a pity, because I was really warming up for a decent therizinosaurus.. Ah well.

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on June 01, 2022, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: SidB on June 01, 2022, 05:10:02 PMIn Canadian dollars, that's heavyweight money. But I'm not surprised that prices are heading upwards. Makes me VERY appreciative of, say, Safari's price structure, in comparison. Even PNSIO doesn't seem so brutal, comparatively.

Right? I was thinking exactly the same, how blessed we are that our hobby has companies like Safari and CollectA around that make collecting even accessible to small wallets.

I get the increased prices, especially for smaller companies and the increase in price of production and materials, but I unfortunately just don't see €100 worth of dinosaur here. Which is a pity, because I was really warming up for a decent therizinosaurus.. Ah well.
Even if $20 or so is carved off by omitting the base, it's still a steep price.

Gwangi

I rarely visit this thread but I decided to check it because I had heard about the upcoming Therizinosaurus, so much for that.  At this rate I might better get the Papo. Although I have to think that Safari and/or PNSO will make one too, especially with it's starring role in PP and JW.

Concavenator

I'm not too fond of the figure by itself so it was a pass for me, and more so at that price point. Not even their gorgeous Carcharodontosaurus or Dicraeosaurus were so expensive.

I'd rather wait for the All Yesterdays version instead.

dragon53

Has anything been released on the Acrocanthosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: