News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Excuse my late response but it is to tell you that Toyway's ophtalmosaurus is a small work of art you are very lucky to have it in your collection and I congratulate you for me it was the best ophtalmosaurus that existed in any toy dinosaur collection but after the appearance of the PNSO vinyl version has been relegated to second place but very close to the fantastic PNSO opthalmosaurus, however Toyway's ophtalmosaurus is much more valuable in the sense that it has been on the market for many more years as a discontinued figure although it can still be found on the market for a very good price.

I see you have those dinosaur jewelry from Battat you are a lucky person as they are the best that exists in relation to figures an old dinosaur company that exists in the market (eye not vintage). My congratulations.

Also the parathypothorax and mastodonsaurus are other valuable figures in your collection and they are some of the best that Bullyland has done in its production of toy dinosaurs, I honestly like their Triassic/Carboniferous figures (for example edaphosaurus) more when it comes to prehistoric animals In my opinion, Bullyland was better than its dinosaur counterparts at producing prehistoric animals other than dinosaurs.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 19, 2022, 08:49:38 AM
I hired an artist to repaint the Bajadasaurus for me.

That's one way to do it :))

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you very much for your "late" response and the congratulations!  ;D

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2022, 11:23:34 AM
I honestly like their Triassic/Carboniferous figures (for example edaphosaurus) more when it comes to prehistoric animals In my opinion, Bullyland was better than its dinosaur counterparts at producing prehistoric animals other than dinosaurs.

I strongly agree on this, I like their prehistoric animal figures a lot better than their dinosaur ones from the museum line!

ceratopsian

TooOldForDinosaurs

ceratopsian

Here you go.

There are others in my collection thread.  Or you can see some more in my Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/69501171@N03/albums/72157715397618962

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 19, 2022, 02:19:10 PM
Here you go.

There are others in my collection thread.  Or you can see some more in my Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/69501171@N03/albums/72157715397618962

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'll go ahead and take a look around :)

Halichoeres

Very impressive collection! I think the Toyway Ophthalmosaurus remains the finest plastic version there is.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 19, 2022, 08:53:41 PM
Very impressive collection! I think the Toyway Ophthalmosaurus remains the finest plastic version there is.

Thank you very much! I've only been able to acquire it very recently and since then not one day has passed where it didn't catch my sight and I had to pick it up to spin it in my hands to take a closer look at every side once again and it always puts a smile on my face.  :)

Concavenator

Great collection! Have you started collecting recently? If so, what a wonderful way to start!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Concavenator on February 20, 2022, 11:19:41 PM
Great collection! Have you started collecting recently? If so, what a wonderful way to start!

Thank you!
Many of the old Schleich Replica Saurus Toys are from my childhood, I'ts the only brand I knew and had a wide access to back then here, where I live. Back into collecting and introduced to a bigger number of other brands I got just maybe 2-3 years ago, when I started seeking out some of the old stuff I missed out on on local online market places and eBay. I found my way to the DinoToyBlog really quickly which helped me to make a great wishlist and to target the stuff I really like and want. In the start it growing quite rapidly since this time I had access to my own wallet and did not have to beg my parents for the small figures in the stores or get them for christmas. :)) Now it's been growing steadily. To the DinoToyForum however I found my way only just now and after collecting on my own first I do enjoy it very much to chat with like-minded people, take a look at their collection and share mine here.  :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

I was able to pick up two parcels yesterday at my german post office box (I live near the border) containing Invicta Figures I scored on eBay.
The left bundle of figures I got for 15€ and the two figures on the right for 20€ (shipping included on both). Latter I spotted in a huge lot of dinosaur toys and the seller was friendly enough to pick them out for me and sell them separately. So half of that price paid for his extra work.

The first bundle includes the Invicta Stegosaurus, Megalosaurus, T-Rex and the Cetiosaurus, the figure I am most happy about picking up (since you know - Sauropod big boi  :))):

The figures show some play-marks and some could definitely be in better but also in lot worse condition. For the price I paid, I am very happy with what I got.

The second bundle consist of two marine reptiles  8), the Ichthyosaurus and the *drumroll* Liopleurodon! I am very excited that I found the Lio for this "cheap" in decent to good condition and did not have to pay a lot for shipping either. Here are the pictures:

The Ichthyosaurus shows some scars on the snout which I am not too sad about since it gives it actually a nice flair and character - it fits his angry expression and you could think he has been in a fight recently.

Thats it for now, I'll keep posting in here and keep you updated on any new acquisitions.  ^-^
PS: Did you spot the photo bomber?

BlueKrono

At least the photo bomber has a nice mug.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TooOldForDinosaurs

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your purchases, those Invicta versions are in the classic plastic colors. The tyrannosaurus looks brand new and so does the kronosaurus. Those were my first figures as a serious collector in 1989. I'm happy for you.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! The Liopleurodon does have some tiny bumps and scrubs on its snout but I guess thats inevitable for a toy of its age.

CarnotaurusKing

That's a nice collection you got there! Jealous, cause you have the Battat Edmontonia, and Bullyland Mastodonsaurus and Paratypothorax. Can't wait to see more!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on February 24, 2022, 03:26:53 PM
That's a nice collection you got there! Jealous, cause you have the Battat Edmontonia, and Bullyland Mastodonsaurus and Paratypothorax. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you very much!  ^-^ I guess those older Bullyland figures (just like the Schleich) are more common and easier to get on eBay Germany since they were produced here. We also have a Germany-exclusive eBay online market place called "eBay Kleinanzeigen" (translates to "small advertisements") where tons of dino-treasure is to be found often for very cheap. Thats actually where I scored those Bullyland figures.

The Paratypothorax I even got in new condition with the tag, so I thought I would share the text on there with you  :)

Halichoeres

Yeah, definitely seems to be easier to find Bullyland in Germany. It took me a few years to track down all the ones I wanted, although the place that ended up completing my collection was unexpectedly a hobby shop near Chicago. On the other hand, I imagine we in the US generally have an advantage when it comes to Battat.

Congrats on scoring those Invictas! The Liopleurodon is a really elegant sculpt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Nice pickups! I never minded a few minor scrapes on my vintage figures, I consider them battle scars from their days in the trenches (sad boxes). Its nice to know that they were played with once. The Liopleurodon is fantastic, I have the painted one but would prefer the monochrome version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: