News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Suspsy's Collection

Started by suspsy, November 22, 2012, 08:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Ha ha, to me it looks like, "son, if I could reach you, I would eat you lickety-split."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 04, 2015, 07:29:03 PM
Ha ha, to me it looks like, "son, if I could reach you, I would eat you lickety-split."

Funny, my fiancée (soon to be wife!) likes to tease me the same way. Still, she lets me keep those two on top of our bedroom dresser, so can't complain!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

I'm in the process of selling my condo. The next step will be selling my soon-to-be-wife's condo and acquiring a house. Once that is done, I might have a chance of setting up my collections in a neat, orderly, proper display. But in the mean time, they're all in storage bins save for a few select favourites. Here are all my Carnegie critters, set up on the stairway at my parents' house.

I really wish the CC had produced at least one new ceratopsian in the years before they folded. :(

Gwangi

You're right, in all their years they really only produced 3 ceratopsians that I can recall. They put way too much emphasis on theropods, especially in their waning years.

suspsy

A Protoceratops to go with this year's Velociraptor would have been perfect. And I'd gladly trade in the Concavenator and the Cryolophosaurus (despite the fact that I like them) for say, Anchiceratops and Einiosaurus.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on September 04, 2015, 01:39:59 AM
A Protoceratops to go with this year's Velociraptor would have been perfect. And I'd gladly trade in the Concavenator and the Cryolophosaurus (despite the fact that I like them) for say, Anchiceratops and Einiosaurus.

I can agree with that. Especially about the Concavenator which I don't even like. But I do quite like the Cryolophosaurus. I've wanted an Einiosaurus for a long time. At least we have consistent ceratopsians from Safari, and we can expect at least a couple more from Battat.

suspsy

And here is my current CollectA collection, courtesy again of the staircase at my parents'!

Rain

Holy cow ! I didn't realize the guidraco figure was that big :O Great collection btw Suspsy  :))

suspsy

Thanks! And yes, it is gloriously big. I can't wait to see what CollectA has in store for the Supreme class next year!

joossa

Wow, that's impressive. :)

Sadly the Daxiatitan and Argentinosaurus are much too similar, IMO. I have the latter and have held off on getting the former.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2015, 09:50:50 PM
Thanks! And yes, it is gloriously big. I can't wait to see what CollectA has in store for the Supreme class next year!

Yeah, kinda looks like it's your actual pet pterosaur playing with your toys!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Viking Spawn

Very nice collection!  Looks like you just need to watch your step!   :o

suspsy

Eh, no problem, the key is simply to start setting them up from the top!

This was my inaugural entry in the Diorama Contest. I took it along the banks of the Ottawa River back in August. Say what you will about dinosaurs mounted on bases, but Firestreak's base made it very easy to stand him up in the water. And it was easy to conceal the base with sand.

Thanks again to everyone who voted!

suspsy

Couldn't resist bringing at least one dinosaur on my honeymoon! We stayed at a Sandals resort on the island of St. Lucia. We spent most of our time either on the beach or sitting by the main pool. It was a very pleasant, enjoyable, laid-back time overall, although some of the portions at the restaurants were very small! Also, the roads on hilly St. Lucia are absolutely stomach-turning. :o

Our suite had a little personal swimming pool, which was where this photo was taken. I'm missing it right now.

Libraraptor

Whiskey, sun and T.rex. Great combination! 8)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

Quote from: Dinomike on February 10, 2016, 05:57:42 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 10, 2016, 05:32:48 PM
Whiskey, sun and T.rex. Great combination! 8)
Lol! Totally agree!

Especially when the whiskey, along with the wine and the beer, is included in the Sandals package!

Mind you, I'm a craft beer devotee, so Piton (the local brew) and Heineken taste like water to me. :p

suspsy

Here's my current Wild Safari collection. Probably won't be getting any other ones this year.

suspsy

In a few more weeks, this will be the home for my collection. Got a nice big wooden display cabinet with sliding glass doors waiting in storage at my father-in-law's. Stay tuned!

Gwangi

That's exciting! Can't wait to see the finished product.  8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: