News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edu

He has just come out from some bushes, and there is some snow in his tail!
I don't know what material she used, but it looks real. I'll ask her.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: edu on March 02, 2014, 03:31:43 PM
He has just come out from some bushes, and there is some snow in his tail!
I don't know what material she used, but it looks real. I'll ask her.
No, I meant the material it was printed in, not the flocking material.

edu

Sorry! Frosted Ultra Detail. But it came with a flaw, with remains of the wax covering the back and head, that i couldn't remove. It was too complicated to change it, and i think that at the end you can't even notice it (looking closely, there is a different texture in this parts).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: edu on March 02, 2014, 03:45:59 PM
Sorry! Frosted Ultra Detail. But it came with a flaw, with remains of the wax covering the back and head, that i couldn't remove. It was too complicated to change it, and i think that at the end you can even notice it (looking closely, there is a different texture in this parts).
Oh, I suspected so. This is why I like the FUD material, because dry brushing accentuates all the little details :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very well done ! I love it !

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shapeways Spinosaurus by Manuel  and painted by Martin Garratt :

Always loved this paint scheme of the Geomodel Spinosaurus ..glad to finally have it !

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

I really like him ! Might be good to base an adult 1:1 Spino on some day ? ;)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 07, 2014, 05:58:41 AM
I really like him ! Might be good to base an adult 1:1 Spino on some day ? ;)
I dig it!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

My old Spinosaurus :) Glad to see it's going to a good home with a nice new paintjob :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 07, 2014, 12:54:08 PM
My old Spinosaurus :) Glad to see it's going to a good home with a nice new paintjob :)

Thanks for the deal too TQ, it's one off my MASSIVE Shapeways list ! lol :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wait-you got rid of that Spino?  :o
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 07, 2014, 09:01:46 PM
Wait-you got rid of that Spino?  :o
Yep, I had a sale thread way back.

Gorgonzola

Edu: That's a fantastic paintjob and base! Coincidentally a friend found the same photos on Deviantart by the person that painted it up for you.  It's sitting in my favorites over there now, she really did an amazing job with it.

Regarding the wax stuff, sometimes it seems like it can't be removed but usually some slight pressure with a finger nail can pull it off. Otherwise soaking in warm water can loosen it up to free it. Dunno if you tried that one.

That's an awesome color scheme for that Spinosaurus, Martin does it again. I'm hoping I get to see some variations of my rex model by him at some point, if anyone gets it finished by him.

edu

I really love your models, Gorgonzola, and i am already thinking which one to buy next. I am new on collecting dinos, but it's addictive! What i really like about them, besides the really good they are imho is the "relaxed" poses you go for some of them. They look really naturalistic: animals are 99% of the time doing boring things, just resting and seeing the time go by! In regard to this and your trex model... are you planning to make available the standing with the mouth closed one? I love it, and i'd like it to be the second add to my collection.
About the wax... i tried different things, and the only one that worked for me was heating it with the hairdryer, and removing it with water when melted. But i stopped in fear of melting the figure. At the end, as tyrantqueen said, details appeared when painted.
Love the spino. A really "menacing" paint scheme.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gorgonzola on March 08, 2014, 05:33:26 AM
Edu: That's a fantastic paintjob and base! Coincidentally a friend found the same photos on Deviantart by the person that painted it up for you.  It's sitting in my favorites over there now, she really did an amazing job with it.

Regarding the wax stuff, sometimes it seems like it can't be removed but usually some slight pressure with a finger nail can pull it off. Otherwise soaking in warm water can loosen it up to free it. Dunno if you tried that one.

That's an awesome color scheme for that Spinosaurus, Martin does it again. I'm hoping I get to see some variations of my rex model by him at some point, if anyone gets it finished by him.

I'll probably have him paint it up when I get one. Just gotta find the cash to do so !

Gorgonzola

Quote from: edu on March 08, 2014, 06:41:22 AM
In regard to this and your trex model... are you planning to make available the standing with the mouth closed one? I love it, and i'd like it to be the second add to my collection.

Thanks Edu! I'm afraid that T. rex model is only going to be available as that one piece and scale. But it'd be crazy for a person to only sculpt one T. rex in his lifetime, so I'm sure down the road I'll tackle it again and offer up different pose or something.

alexeratops

Quote from: edu on March 02, 2014, 11:29:59 AM
Male Cryolophosaurus Ellioti watching the horizon after a light spring snowfall in the early morning of the Jurassic Antarctica.

Model by Gorgonzola, painted and based by my friend Silvia Gonzalez (http://crescentmoon.deviantart.com/).

That looks so weird! The head looks like a 2-d painting! My eyes hurt, its too strange
like a bantha!

Patrx

Wow! It's a thing of beauty. I really like the snowy base.

Bokisaurus

1:72 Turiasaurus sauropod and 1:40 Baryonyx by mb-cg, both lovely models

I think this opthalmosaurus is also his creation

Gorgonzola's 1:40 amargasaurus ( I still have to finish the rearing version)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: