News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Gorgonzola's 1:40 rearing Amargasaurus is finally finished. I originally was going to paint it differently, but in the end decided to make them a pair instead. This is the female of the two; it does not have the yellow on it's tail spines :))

Together at last ;D

This is the 1:40 scale eating Centrosaurus by mb-cg

Together with the bellowing version. You can see the different styles of painting here :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..I need to get you to paint a piece for me one day. :)

Patrx

I thought I ought to chime in with my Shapeways figures! I already posted two of these in my painting thread, so apologies for the redundancy.

Yinlong by Manuel Bejarano

Inostrancevia by Galileo Hernández Núñez

Plotosaurus by Galileo Hernández Núñez

Blade-of-the-Moon

That Yinlong would look REALLY cool in 1:1 scale... ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2014, 11:56:08 PM
Even then he would only be three meters long !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 27, 2014, 01:55:08 AM

Exactly ! Perfect for a smaller species in a certain Dinosaur Park I know of... ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2014, 01:56:15 AM

Exactly ! Perfect for a smaller species in a certain Dinosaur Park I know of... ;)
Eh you could easily have Yinlong, psittacosaurus and Tianuylong as a  group there !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 27, 2014, 01:59:29 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2014, 01:56:15 AM

Eh you could easily have Yinlong, psittacosaurus and Tianuylong as a  group there !!!

If they exist we will import them ! lol

If it comes to me building them it's a long wait time unfortunately.

stoneage

:)  Great Figures Patrx.  What scale are they?

Patrx

Quote from: stoneage on March 27, 2014, 01:53:52 PM
:)  Great Figures Patrx.  What scale are they?

Thanks! According to their descriptions on Shapeways, the Yinlong is in 1/10 and the Plotosaurus is in 1/72.

Bokisaurus

Lovely figures, I really like the marine reptile one.

Patrx

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 29, 2014, 01:09:15 AM
Lovely figures, I really like the marine reptile one.

Glad you like them! The Plotosaurus is a neat model, partially because the creature itself is so strange. It's an extremely derived mosasaur, with more aquatic adaptations than others. The dorsal fin is speculative, but it makes sense.

SpittersForEver

pascosaur

Just curious:
Did anybody buy the Gorgonzola 1/20 Amargasaurus kit or the Geenes model 1/20 Acrocanthosaurus ?
Thank you for answering or showing pictures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: pascosaur on April 30, 2014, 04:42:16 PM
Just curious:
Did anybody buy the Gorgonzola 1/20 Amargasaurus kit or the Geenes model 1/20 Acrocanthosaurus ?
I don't have the Amargasaurus yet but plan to buy it in future. I didn't know that Geene models made a 1/20 Acro actually.

pascosaur

my bad  ???
you're right it's an 1/35 acrocathosaurus in 3 pieces

Gorgonzola

Who actually ended up being the first to buy the 1/20 Amargasaurus? I just saw that someone ordered it.

Curious to see how it prints out at that size and if my hare-brained method of creating keys for fitting works.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gorgonzola on May 02, 2014, 02:42:33 PM
Who actually ended up being the first to buy the 1/20 Amargasaurus?

:-[    ....... me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 30, 2014, 04:48:05 PM
Quote from: pascosaur on April 30, 2014, 04:42:16 PM
Just curious:
I don't have the Amargasaurus yet but plan to buy it in future. I didn't know that Geene models made a 1/20 Acro actually.

I don't think he did..he had a 1:15 Acro..the only piece I ever bought from him.

pascosaur

the Galileo Acrocanthosaurus (1/40) is quite interesting... really, lots of détails... 
but I was asking about the 3 pieces kit he realised for Shapeways (1/35 scale)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: