News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Great models.
BTW, you all, I want to get my first Shapeways model soon. Any suggestions on whatever models on Shapeways are your favorites?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 04, 2014, 10:33:35 PM
Great models.
BTW, you all, I want to get my first Shapeways model soon. Any suggestions on whatever models on Shapeways are your favorites?
Mb-cg's Roaring Baryonyx :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just looked at my Shapeways wishlist..I'm over 500.00 right now.  Anyone need a kidney ?

ITdactyl

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2014, 12:56:14 AM
I just looked at my Shapeways wishlist..I'm over 500.00 right now.  Anyone need a kidney ?

hahaha... I might need one... I sold both of mine. >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 05, 2014, 01:03:12 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2014, 12:56:14 AM

hahaha... I might need one... I sold both of mine. >:D

Oooh..bet that smarts.. lol ;D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Okay, so. Opinions on White vs. Black Strong and Flexible?
From what I've heard, although slightly more expensive, Black shows more detail. Is this true?
I'll hopefully get my first Shapeways within the next few days, so if you have an opinion from your personal experience, please share.
I'm particularly looking for the opinion of those that have many different Shapeways models, and thus lots of experience (for instance, TQ, postsaurischian, etc.), so please chime in if you have anything to share.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

I have only ordered WSF, never BSF. I felt the dark colour would make painting difficult. I would imagine the details are better, since it has a higher cost, but to what degree I am uncertain. I'm starting to move away from the flexible materials though. Hopefully Postsaurischian will post a comment, since he has ordered both and would be able to answer your question :)

alexeratops

IT'S HEEERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, by the way, you should put 1/40 Troodon next to it and laugh it up. ::)
like a bantha!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice video ! My first thought was it does look quite large !  A bath in warm water and soap with a tooth brush might remove any dust particles. :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

The feathered rex looks great!
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Nice Tyrannosaurus :)

However, in one of your videos, you stated that WSF has the lowest quality of detail. This is actually untrue. I would say there are other materials that are inferior to WSF, such as ceramic (probably the worst), steel, and elastic plastic. Just so you know.

Concavenator

Great models.
Get the mb-cg Spinosaurus.I think it's actually the best or the second best interpretation of this dinosaur.I'm doing an effort tomget it too,that may he my first shapeways model as well  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on February 06, 2014, 07:06:49 AM
Great models.
Get the mb-cg Spinosaurus.I think it's actually the best or the second best interpretation of this dinosaur.I'm doing an effort tomget it too,that may he my first shapeways model as well  :)

Hmm I  would say it and David's upcoming one tie in my book so far...I love the poses and detail on both. :)

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 06, 2014, 04:31:23 AM
Nice Tyrannosaurus :)

However, in one of your videos, you stated that WSF has the lowest quality of detail. This is actually untrue. I would say there are other materials that are inferior to WSF, such as ceramic (probably the worst), steel, and elastic plastic. Just so you know.

Thanks!
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Actually,is PayPal the needed form of payment for Shapeways models?

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on February 09, 2014, 10:37:12 AM
Actually,is PayPal the needed form of payment for Shapeways models?

In the FAQ it tells you what payments are accepted--Paypal, major credit cards (which can also be processed through Paypal), and bank transfers.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 05, 2014, 10:16:48 PM
Okay, so. Opinions on White vs. Black Strong and Flexible?
From what I've heard, although slightly more expensive, Black shows more detail. Is this true?

My only Shapeways model in black, strong & flexible is the Krentz Diplodocus (why didn't I buy 3 of these ::)?).

I see no difference in the printing quality compared to the white material.
The surcharge probably just covers the expenses of the added black colour.
On pictures it might look a bit more detailed, but that's just because it's coloured and the white material is hard to photograph (as everybody knows meanwhile ;D).

edu

Male Cryolophosaurus Ellioti watching the horizon after a light spring snowfall in the early morning of the Jurassic Antarctica.

Model by Gorgonzola, painted and based by my friend Silvia Gonzalez (http://crescentmoon.deviantart.com/).

tyrantqueen

What's the material? And is that snow on its tail?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: