News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Quote from: mb-cg on January 17, 2014, 12:18:51 AM
Thank you for your comments, I have been testing some of your suggestions. This is another approach to the tail, maybe more realistic because as I said the last one didn't convinced me. Even though I don't use the tail feathers on this Rex, it have been a great practice for future feathered dinosaurs.

And here is the other dinosaur I'm working on, a sauropod from Spain called Turiasaurus:

How much will each one be in 1/40 WSF?
like a bantha!

pascosaur

Quote from: mb-cg on January 17, 2014, 12:18:51 AM
Thank you for your comments, I have been testing some of your suggestions. This is another approach to the tail, maybe more realistic because as I said the last one didn't convinced me. Even though I don't use the tail feathers on this Rex, it have been a great practice for future feathered dinosaurs.

And here is the other dinosaur I'm working on, a sauropod from Spain called Turiasaurus:

wonderful work
I already ordered the scaly version of your T Rex
but I can't wait for the sauropod Turiasaurus to be available (in 1/40 of course)
Bravo

Blade-of-the-Moon

Now I was teasing about the 1:40 deal..I'm not sure it would print at that scale would it ?  If somehow it can be made in 1:40 I'd certainly buy it. :)

mb-cg

Quote from: darth daniel on January 17, 2014, 09:20:43 AM
Wow the Turiasaurus is very cool! Would love to get one at some point. If you´ll release it, please do one pose with the head pointing straight forward, I´d love to have one in a more neutral position. :)

I'm still not sure about what pose I will use for the Turiasaurus, if I do more poses I will upload them in 1:72

Quote from: alexeratops on January 17, 2014, 01:25:53 PM
How much will each one be in 1/40 WSF?

The feathered rex is a bit more than the scaly one (you can check it here http://shpws.me/qx4r), about the Turiasaurus I don't know, but it will be expensive because it's really big.

Quote from: pascosaur on January 17, 2014, 04:44:09 PM
wonderful work
I already ordered the scaly version of your T Rex
but I can't wait for the sauropod Turiasaurus to be available (in 1/40 of course)
Bravo

Merci beaucoup :D I hope you enjoy it

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 17, 2014, 11:34:54 PM
Now I was teasing about the 1:40 deal..I'm not sure it would print at that scale would it ?  If somehow it can be made in 1:40 I'd certainly buy it. :)

I will upload firstly a 1:72 version of the Turiasaurus, that would be really big despite the scale. In 1:40 it could be printed in one piece, but there are some restrictions on Shapeways about the volume and density of the figures, so I've been doing some tests and maybe I upload it as a kit. Here is a comparison with my Spinosaurus, you can see how big the 1:40 Turiasaurus would be:

The feathered version of the T. Rex is finally available on Shapeways:

alexeratops

I have to win my spelling bee (for my class) and then I can order the feathered Rex in 1/40 WSF. It's a good chance i'm gonna win, because I did it for the past 3 years. ::)
like a bantha!

SpartanSquat

The feathers of T-rex are justo perfect! Did you make them with a tool or do you have an alpha?

ITdactyl

Quote from: mb-cg on January 20, 2014, 12:38:23 AM

I will upload firstly a 1:72 version of the Turiasaurus, that would be really big despite the scale. In 1:40 it could be printed in one piece, but there are some restrictions on Shapeways about the volume and density of the figures, so I've been doing some tests and maybe I upload it as a kit. Here is a comparison with my Spinosaurus, you can see how big the 1:40 Turiasaurus would be:

Wow, thanks for the scale comparison.  I guess even a 1/72 brachiosaur would still be difficult with shapeways.  Still... one can dream.

'will still get that rex and turiasaurus.

Simon

Dang that's a gorgeous feathered TRex.  It looks "just right".  (IE the feathers are believable for an animal that lives in a colder climate like Alaska ...)

alexeratops

Quote from: radman on February 21, 2013, 08:21:29 PM
Okay, mostly finished.  This is is the Lirainosaurus 1:40 model; fairly small for a sauropod, but still the size of an elephant or more.

Cool! I'll be ordering him soon. :) Also, about three minutes ago, I ordered the feathered and battle scarred 'Sue'! ;D Can't wait! ;D
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Finally ordered the 1/40 Baryonyx :). Can't wait 'till it arrives!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

amargasaurus cazaui

Really admiring some of these new pieces you are creating. Sauropods are always a welcome addition to my already crowded collection of them. I did wish to ask if there had been any further advance to the little Pegmastax figure? Last I knew you were at the base mesh level with the model so I am guessing with as many figures as you have released lately it has probably not moved much...still excited to see it however.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

mb-cg

Quote from: RolandEden on January 20, 2014, 02:00:56 AM
The feathers of T-rex are justo perfect! Did you make them with a tool or do you have an alpha?

I use Mudbox, and it doesn't have tools, so I sculpted the feathers and created a vector displacement alpha.

Quote from: Simon on January 20, 2014, 06:28:23 AM
Dang that's a gorgeous feathered TRex.  It looks "just right".  (IE the feathers are believable for an animal that lives in a colder climate like Alaska ...)

Thank you, I've never been a fan of feathered Tyrannosaurus, but in colder climates it could work.

Quote from: alexeratops on January 23, 2014, 02:39:25 AM
Cool! I'll be ordering him soon. :) Also, about three minutes ago, I ordered the feathered and battle scarred 'Sue'! ;D Can't wait! ;D

Great, did you win your spelling bee?  :D

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 23, 2014, 02:50:30 AM
Finally ordered the 1/40 Baryonyx :). Can't wait 'till it arrives!

I hope you enjoy it, I have the 1/72 figure and looks great  :D

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 23, 2014, 03:00:36 AM
Really admiring some of these new pieces you are creating. Sauropods are always a welcome addition to my already crowded collection of them. I did wish to ask if there had been any further advance to the little Pegmastax figure? Last I knew you were at the base mesh level with the model so I am guessing with as many figures as you have released lately it has probably not moved much...still excited to see it however.

I wanted to add some big therapods and a new sauropod to my collection, so I haven't worked too much on the Pegomastax. Now I have to do a break with my Shapeways figures because I have two important projects, but when I finish them I want to work on the Pegomastax.

I uploaded the 1/72 Turiasaurus, if I can find time I will upload the 1/40 version too

Yutyrannus

Very cool! Also if you want to see how I'll paint the Baryonyx, check page one of the Dinosaurs: Monsters of the Mesozoic thread and look for the Australian Spinosaur picture ;).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

darth daniel

I really like this Turiasaurus and hope to get the 1/40 version.

I wonder though, what size did you use as reference? The Shapeways page states a length of 20.91cm, so your model depicts an animal with a length of slightly over 15m. With the neck and tail stretched out horizontally, would it reach the lower estimate of 21m as provided by wikipedia? Wikipedia also gives an estimate of up to 30m, in this case your model would be quite a bit too small. Or are those numbers incorrect?

alexeratops

Quote from: mb-cg on January 23, 2014, 09:04:52 PM.

Quote from: alexeratops on January 23, 2014, 02:39:25 AM

Great, did you win your spelling bee?  :D

Me and Kalie (my friend) were the last of the 15 people up there, but then we had to sit down because, since there were two left, made us sit down because they knew we were in the finals (I didn't get to crush Kalie! >:D ::))

In other words, yes :))
like a bantha!

Bokisaurus

Very nice! Gotta go check it out now :)

Concavenator

Manuel,are you planning on releasing a 1/72 version of your Spinosaurus?Because I'm really tempted

tyrantqueen

mb-cg

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 23, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Very cool! Also if you want to see how I'll paint the Baryonyx, check page one of the Dinosaurs: Monsters of the Mesozoic thread and look for the Australian Spinosaur picture ;).

I checked it and your other designs and they look great, hope to see photos of the the Baryonyx when you paint it!

Quote from: darth daniel on January 23, 2014, 09:57:27 PM
I really like this Turiasaurus and hope to get the 1/40 version.

I wonder though, what size did you use as reference? The Shapeways page states a length of 20.91cm, so your model depicts an animal with a length of slightly over 15m. With the neck and tail stretched out horizontally, would it reach the lower estimate of 21m as provided by wikipedia? Wikipedia also gives an estimate of up to 30m, in this case your model would be quite a bit too small. Or are those numbers incorrect?

I used as reference a reconstruction of the holotype by EoFauna (LINK). I tried to avoid Wikipedia in my latest figures and use the size of found fossils, in this way at least one dinosaur had those dimensions  :D

Quote from: alexeratops on January 24, 2014, 12:35:57 AM
Me and Kalie (my friend) were the last of the 15 people up there, but then we had to sit down because, since there were two left, made us sit down because they knew we were in the finals (I didn't get to crush Kalie! >:D ::))

In other words, yes :))

Congratulations!  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: