News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: mb-cg on January 27, 2014, 01:38:20 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 23, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Very cool! Also if you want to see how I'll paint the Baryonyx, check page one of the Dinosaurs: Monsters of the Mesozoic thread and look for the Australian Spinosaur picture ;).

I checked it and your other designs and they look great, hope to see photos of the the Baryonyx when you paint it!
I'll post as many photos as I can :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

darth daniel

Quote from: darth daniel on January 23, 2014, 09:57:27 PM
I really like this Turiasaurus and hope to get the 1/40 version.

I wonder though, what size did you use as reference? The Shapeways page states a length of 20.91cm, so your model depicts an animal with a length of slightly over 15m. With the neck and tail stretched out horizontally, would it reach the lower estimate of 21m as provided by wikipedia? Wikipedia also gives an estimate of up to 30m, in this case your model would be quite a bit too small. Or are those numbers incorrect?

I used as reference a reconstruction of the holotype by EoFauna (LINK). I tried to avoid Wikipedia in my latest figures and use the size of found fossils, in this way at least one dinosaur had those dimensions  :D

I had not seen this reconstruction before, looks like great reference material though. And it seems it uses the 21m length.
Really looking forward to the 1/40 version, even if I´ll have to save up for some time. :D I wonder if it can be printed in one piece?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: darth daniel on January 27, 2014, 06:42:20 PM

I wonder though, what size did you use as reference? The Shapeways page states a length of 20.91cm, so your model depicts an animal with a length of slightly over 15m. With the neck and tail stretched out horizontally, would it reach the lower estimate of 21m as provided by wikipedia? Wikipedia also gives an estimate of up to 30m, in this case your model would be quite a bit too small. Or are those numbers incorrect?

I used as reference a reconstruction of the holotype by EoFauna (LINK). I tried to avoid Wikipedia in my latest figures and use the size of found fossils, in this way at least one dinosaur had those dimensions  :D

I had not seen this reconstruction before, looks like great reference material though. And it seems it uses the 21m length.
Really looking forward to the 1/40 version, even if I´ll have to save up for some time. :D I wonder if it can be printed in one piece?

I think Shapeways size limits would prevent that.  But if it goes together as smooth as  it appears to it shouldn't be a problem.

wings

I wonder though, what size did you use as reference? ...your model depicts an animal with a length of slightly over 15m. With the neck and tail stretched out horizontally, would it reach the lower estimate of 21m as provided by wikipedia? Wikipedia also gives an estimate of up to 30m, in this case your model would be quite a bit too small. Or are those numbers incorrect?

Reading this just makes me wonder if Paul was using the estimate from Wiki; In Paul's book "Field guide to Dinosaurs", his estimate was 30 metres and 50 tonnes, maybe there is a larger individual that hasn't been described yet... (probably not but it would be hard to imagine the animal to be a third larger again than the current reconstruction)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 20, 2014, 03:10:49 AM
Quote from: mb-cg on January 20, 2014, 12:38:23 AM

I will upload firstly a 1:72 version of the Turiasaurus, that would be really big despite the scale. In 1:40 it could be printed in one piece, but there are some restrictions on Shapeways about the volume and density of the figures, so I've been doing some tests and maybe I upload it as a kit. Here is a comparison with my Spinosaurus, you can see how big the 1:40 Turiasaurus would be:

Wow, thanks for the scale comparison.  I guess even a 1/72 brachiosaur would still be difficult with shapeways.  Still... one can dream.

'will still get that rex and turiasaurus.

Just ordered the 1:72 Turiasaurus, can't wait to see it in person :)

mb-cg

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 27, 2014, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: darth daniel on January 27, 2014, 06:42:20 PM

I think Shapeways size limits would prevent that.  But if it goes together as smooth as  it appears to it shouldn't be a problem.

I have done a test uploading the 1/72 model scaled to 1/40 and there is no problem with the size. The only issue is that it would be only available in WSF.

Quote from: wings on January 28, 2014, 12:07:56 PM

I wonder though, what size did you use as reference? ...your model depicts an animal with a length of slightly over 15m. With the neck and tail stretched out horizontally, would it reach the lower estimate of 21m as provided by wikipedia? Wikipedia also gives an estimate of up to 30m, in this case your model would be quite a bit too small. Or are those numbers incorrect?

Reading this just makes me wonder if Paul was using the estimate from Wiki; In Paul's book "Field guide to Dinosaurs", his estimate was 30 metres and 50 tonnes, maybe there is a larger individual that hasn't been described yet... (probably not but it would be hard to imagine the animal to be a third larger again than the current reconstruction)

It seems like Paul used the first estimations, although that restoration is just from the holotype. I don't know if more Turiasaurus specimens have been found

wings

Quote from: mb-cg on January 31, 2014, 09:01:45 PM
It seems like Paul used the first estimations, although that restoration is just from the holotype. I don't know if more Turiasaurus specimens have been found
Maybe Paul just used the one on the paper (see below, which seems to be over 25metres...) for his estimate.

(I've superimposed the scale bar)

The above image is from http://dejadmevivir.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/huellas-de-dinosaurio-en-riodeva-teruel.html

Bokisaurus

Just received the 1:72 version of the sauropod and it's beautiful and big, larger than Gorgonzola's Amarga that is at 1:40 scale! I can't imagine how big the 1:40 version of this giant would be! ;D

Bokisaurus

Got them finally and they are beautiful models!
Centrosaur, Baryonyx both at 1:40 and Turiasaurus at 1:72 ( still big)
[
With CollectA's Argentinosaurus for comparison. Can't wait to paint them  ^-^

Yutyrannus

Received the 1/40 Baryonyx today, will post pictures soon :). It is an excellent model and it appears that WSF shows a lot more detail than I originally thought.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Mb-cg, if I may be so bold, I have a couple of requests:
Can I personally commission another pose of the beautiful Spinosaurus; an attacking pose (head lowered, bellowing, etc.)? This would make me  ;D.
Additionally, on Blade's behalf, are you thinking about doing an Allosaurus? This would probably make him  ;D .
Anyways, great work, as always, on your models.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

alexeratops

I too have a request. :)

Can you make a few sea reptiles, like

or
?

That, my friend, would be, ehem, sick. :))
like a bantha!

alexeratops

Quote... a few sea reptiles...
<---- quote from me

And yes I realize that Dunkleosteus is a fish, not a reptile. :P
like a bantha!

amargasaurus cazaui

I believe Mb stated he had a few projects that were taking him away from Shapeways for a bit, and then his plan was to work on the Pegomastax a bit. So it might be a bit, based on his comments before he is able to visit some of the new requests, if I read his responses correctly
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

I too would love to see a Atopodentatus by Mb-cg.

tyrantqueen

Dan mentioned something about wanting to get support for commissioning some work from Manuel B for his dinosaur line. So, we could see a resin kit from him in future...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 07, 2014, 02:00:58 AM
Can I personally commission another pose of the beautiful Spinosaurus; an attacking pose (head lowered, bellowing, etc.)? This would make me  ;D.
Additionally, on Blade's behalf, are you thinking about doing an Allosaurus? This would probably make him  ;D .

That I would..thanks for thinking of me !

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 07, 2014, 03:24:39 AM
I believe Mb stated he had a few projects that were taking him away from Shapeways for a bit, and then his plan was to work on the Pegomastax a bit. So it might be a bit, based on his comments before he is able to visit some of the new requests, if I read his responses correctly
Thanks for the tip, amargasaurus.  ;D
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2014, 05:07:19 AM

Anytime, Blade.  ;)
Plus, it's not that hard to predict...just ask for an Allosaurus! A BIG ONE.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 07, 2014, 06:35:03 AM

Anytime, Blade.  ;)
Plus, it's not that hard to predict...just ask for an Allosaurus! A BIG ONE.  ;D
I wouldn't mind a big Allosaurus either...but MB tends to favour smaller scales (not that there's anything wrong with that) :)

Imagine if Manuel did a large Allosaurus (or allosauroid) resin kit for Dan's Dinosaurs...that would be a dream come true :o

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 07, 2014, 06:39:15 AM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 07, 2014, 06:35:03 AM

Anytime, Blade.  ;)
I wouldn't mind a big Allosaurus either...but MB tends to favour smaller scales (not that there's anything wrong with that) :)

Imagine if Manuel did a large Allosaurus (or allosauroid) resin kit for Dan's Dinosaurs...that would be a dream come true :o
Allosaurus is great...but what about Saurophaganax?  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: