News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 18, 2023, 03:02:08 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 17, 2023, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: SidB on November 17, 2023, 01:17:41 PM2023 has been a disappointment for me with Safari. Not a single dinosaur (except repaints) in the 1/35 scale or thereabouts range, nor a cenozoic mammal, and now this word that the one ray of hope, the Therizinsaurus, will be a 2024 release. I'm sure glad that HLG has emerged as a top-flight source for these figures. Seems to me that they've decisively replaced Safari, which, IMO, is only a shadow of its glory days in the mid to late decade past.

Just because Safari hasn't catered to your specific scale range or release schedule doesn't mean they're a "shadow of their glory days", that's extremely hyperbolic. This has been Safari's best year in the post-Covid era. Need I remind you...

Majungasaurus
Utahraptor
Estemmenosuchus
Stegouros
Therizinosaurus

That is a fantastic lineup and all of them are among the best ever sculpts of their genera and/or high demand genera. When you make a choice to only collect a specific range of things you have only yourself to blame for your disappointment. And you certainly can be disappointed but the company itself did just fine this year.
I'm still salty that I bought CollectA's Estemmeno last year under the pretense that it would never get another figure ever again. Not making the same mistake with the safari Shringasaurus I just know as soon as I get it CollectA will announce a better one

Ah but that's a game of long odds and not guaranteed. Why not both?

Gwangi

Quote from: SidB on November 17, 2023, 01:17:41 PM2023 has been a disappointment for me with Safari. Not a single dinosaur (except repaints) in the 1/35 scale or thereabouts range, nor a cenozoic mammal, and now this word that the one ray of hope, the Therizinsaurus, will be a 2024 release. I'm sure glad that HLG has emerged as a top-flight source for these figures. Seems to me that they've decisively replaced Safari, which, IMO, is only a shadow of its glory days in the mid to late decade past.

Just because Safari hasn't catered to your specific scale range or release schedule doesn't mean they're a "shadow of their glory days", that's extremely hyperbolic. This has been Safari's best year in the post-Covid era. Need I remind you...

Majungasaurus
Utahraptor
Estemmenosuchus
Stegouros
Therizinosaurus

That is a fantastic lineup and all of them are among the best ever sculpts of their genera and/or high demand genera. When you make a choice to only collect a specific range of things you have only yourself to blame for your disappointment. And you certainly can be disappointed but the company itself did just fine this year.
I'm still salty that I bought CollectA's Estemmeno last year under the pretense that it would never get another figure ever again. Not making the same mistake with the safari Shringasaurus I just know as soon as I get it CollectA will announce a better one

Yeah, I never did get the CollectA Estemmeno. I meant to but never really liked it. Was very thankful when Safari released theirs. I did get the Safari Shringasaurus once its retirement was announced but I agree, we could use a more accurate one.

Concavenator

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 Well you can always replace the CollectA Estemmenosuchus with Safari's if you prefer the latter.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 18, 2023, 03:51:53 PM

Majungasaurus
Utahraptor
Estemmenosuchus
Stegouros
Therizinosaurus

Ah but that's a game of long odds and not guaranteed. Why not both?
I don't like the look of the figure regardless
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on November 18, 2023, 04:42:13 PMavatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 Well you can always replace the CollectA Estemmenosuchus with Safari's if you prefer the latter.
I'm gonna end up having both yeah
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shane

https://www.safariltd.com/products/therizinosaurus

The figure is still a ways away from being available, but the product page is up so you can see some more angles of the figure.

Faelrin

S @Shane The images strangely seem a bit low res? Like when zooming in on them, it is especially noticeable.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shane

Quote from: Faelrin on December 04, 2023, 06:02:56 PMS @Shane The images strangely seem a bit low res? Like when zooming in on them, it is especially noticeable.

Working on this. They'll likely be replaced soon with better pics, but wanted to get the product page up.

Fembrogon

I think it looks great. I look forward to adding it to the collection!

Saarlooswolfhound

Thank you Shane! From what I see it's a must have! Thanks for letting us know the page is up now.

Carnoking

Thanks for sharing S @Shane
Love the powder of white along the back!

Shane

Quote from: Carnoking on December 04, 2023, 07:38:06 PMThanks for sharing S @Shane
Love the powder of white along the back!

It's actually a bluish iridescent sheen. It looks really nice in person against the brown feathering.

LucasLiu

Concavenator

That Therizinosaurus is just great!

Flaffy

While I do prefer the more downturned skull recons as seen in Dan Folkes's skeletal & PNSO (based on the closely related(?) "Bissekty therizinosaur"), Safari's Therizinosaurus is a very strong figure in it's own right as well. One of the strongest recent Safari releases.

Quiversaurus

A beautiful figure! The colour scheme is refreshing, and the sculpting of the feathering looks immaculate.

Abobo

Halichoeres

Nice to see more angles on it. I especially like the color gradient on the claws.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shane

The images have been updated on the product page to be a bit sharper.

Faelrin

S @Shane Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: