News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

SRF

Edit:

Never mind, didn't see the post of avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection
But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

Carnoking

The more I see of Cameron, the more I want him. Need a good sale to come along soon!

SRF

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking it seems like there will be a sale on AliExpress from June 10 up to June 18.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SRF on June 06, 2023, 08:54:55 PMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking it seems like there will be a sale on AliExpress from June 10 up to June 18.
oh GOD YES FINALLY XD

Sim

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, yes I think avatar_Faras @Faras knows what might be coming!

Interesting about Pachyrhinosaurus, I find PNSO's very unappealing, due to the way the paint is applied for example the red on the head, the squashed looking boss (I know it's based on a real specimen, I just think it looks ugly), the posterior frill horns being joined together (as far as I can tell) and one of the midline horns not being painted in contrast to the other two next to it.  But what do you think of the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus?  I have it and I'm happy with it, I could only see myself replacing it with a Pachyrhinosaurus in a bigger scale, the Safari being 1:40 as far as I've heard.

I too would like dromaeosaurids from PNSO!

SRF

By the way DinosDragons video also addresses the issue of the arms being to far apart, explaining that a lot of muscle mass covers the upper part of the arms. I think that's especially an interesting of this video for avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS  :)

Faelrin

Zhenyuanlong is something I've wanted to see them do for very long now, mini and/or otherwise. Lack of primaries and lips aside, I've always liked this reconstruction from PNSO's very own Zhao Chuang, particularly the color choices. I don't know how plausible it would be, but I think it looks gorgeous.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Medzo

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 06, 2023, 08:18:43 PM

Great, now I can't wait for the second part for comparisons  :))  ::)

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim Well I hope avatar_Faras @Faras is right about the Gorgosaurus;D

The Safari Pachyrhinosaurus is pretty nice in my opinion, as is the Battat one. But both are retired now, and I'm not generally into retired stuff as it frustrates me, because it puts a "hurry to get" mood into me which I don't like. As a result, I tried to like PNSO's but I just can't. A remake would be most welcome for me, but not holding my breath since it may come as a random genus to remake.

ceratopsian

I had that artwork as the background on my computer for ages at work avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin.

Quote from: Faelrin on June 06, 2023, 09:46:33 PMZhenyuanlong is something I've wanted to see them do for very long now, mini and/or otherwise. Lack of primaries and lips aside, I've always liked this reconstruction from PNSO's very own Zhao Chuang, particularly the color choices. I don't know how plausible it would be, but I think it looks gorgeous.

Carnoking

Finally welcomed Lucas and Mila to the collection. Say what you will about repetitive releases, I think these two are absolute knockout additions.

Spoiler

Lucas is quite the looker, and easily my favorite Giganotosaurus in my collection.

Sorry Nanmu, but reality easily trumps fiction 'round these parts.

The original Lucas was one of my favorite PNSO figures released back in the day, but this redux really does make it look a bit gnarly in my book.

Eofauna's release was certainly a game changer back in the day but...

Been loving the more vibrant/out of the box decos these past few releases

Now where have I seen this before?

Spoiler

Mila is no slouch though. And huge! A lot of great figure for just over 40 bucks.

The real reason I had to have it though was for that lunging pose! Poor Er-ma.

[close]

Can't deny that's a good lookin' group!
[close]

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Faras

Quote from: Concavenator on June 06, 2023, 06:29:55 PMavatar_Sim @Sim Regarding the Gorgosaurus, I wonder if what avatar_Faras @Faras said here: Is actually a rumour or not, they also predicted several PNSO figures in the past.

Saw a leak pic of two unpainted figures...

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Faras on June 07, 2023, 07:13:26 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on June 06, 2023, 06:29:55 PMavatar_Sim @Sim Regarding the Gorgosaurus, I wonder if what avatar_Faras @Faras said here: Is actually a rumour or not, they also predicted several PNSO figures in the past.

so u by any chance have that pic or know where you saw it?

Faras

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 07, 2023, 07:16:40 AM

Saw it in a WeChat group, two diff figures, guess I shouldn't share it though...

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Faras on June 07, 2023, 07:20:31 AM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 07, 2023, 07:16:40 AM

Saw it in a WeChat group, two diff figures, guess I shouldn't share it though...

Oh wow this is fascinating, and definitely hype-worthy. Looks like PNSO is doing this (somewhat) "species batching" thing again - ceratopsians, marine species, carcharodontosaurids, and now tyrannosaurids.

Not knowing what species is coming out next definitely ups the excitement level though, all part of the experience (:

Prehistory Resurrection

Part 2

Paleo Flo

Ok...I guess I have to change my mind.
It seems to be a lot of science in the product. For a lipless Rex it has a definitive-vibe.
I'm looking forward to the second part of the review.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: