News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wild Past - Wave 2 - Kickstarter

Started by DinoToyCollector, March 22, 2023, 01:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

The second of the three base models available through the upcoming Kickstarter campaign:

Adult and juvenile set of Chasmosaurus russelli

ceratopsian

SidB

Definitely a winner. Is this 1/35 or 1/20 or both?

Sim

Oh my gosh yeess!  I love it already!

Pliosaurking

Now that's a beautiful chasmosaurus! Can't wait for this one!

Faelrin

Finally a Chasmosaurus in 1/35 scale. Love that it comes with a baby like some of the PNSO figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DefinitelyNOTDilo

My god, that looks incredible! Imo the detail is on par with pnso, can't wait to see the sculpture f detail! Also was the sauropod ever fully revealed? I'm surprised chasmosaurus is getting shown before it.

Quiversaurus

The Chasmosaurus looks wonderful, and I really like that there's a baby too.

May I know if there will be painted options?

Sim

And yes, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, you're right, I am happy about this Chasmosaurus!  Very happy!  :)

Concavenator

I don't care for the inclusion of a baby, but I still plan to pledge for it (and at least the Plateosaurus too) and replace the larger BotM C. belli.

Quote from: Concavenator on November 13, 2023, 09:38:00 PMSince it seems we're getting a four-toed theropod, only two possibilities come to my mind: a therizinosaur or a Spinosaurus. About the ornithischian, considering it has four toes, it might be a ceratopsid or a nodosaurid.

I was right about the ornithischian!  ;) Will I accurately predict the type of theropod too?

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 17, 2023, 05:16:15 PMMay I know if there will be painted options?

I believe it's meant to be painted.

Sim

I don't think the theropod will be Spinosaurus for two reasons: 1. Spinosaurus is believed to have webbed feet; 2. Mesozoic Life did a Kickstarter for a 1:35 Spinosaurus figure.  I doubt Wild Past would want to do a Kickstarter for another Spinosaurus too as it would likely not get funded due to the amount of people that have invested in Mesozoic Life's Spinosaurus.  That having been said, it's possible the Wild Past theropod will be another spinosaurid, Irritator or Riparovenator perhaps?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 17, 2023, 12:26:06 PMThe second of the three base models available through the upcoming Kickstarter campaign:

Adult and juvenile set of Chasmosaurus russeli

Please don't let the paint destroy this sculpt please don't let the paint destroy this sculpt please don't let the paint destroy this sculpt
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

thomasw100

Would it be possible to get unpainted figures?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 17, 2023, 08:40:59 PMWould it be possible to get unpainted figures?
Issue: I can't paint so whatever I would do would also destroy this sculpt, and probably more so to a huge degree

Though I do own unpainted invictas so I guess it wouldnt stand out too much
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 17, 2023, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 17, 2023, 08:40:59 PMWould it be possible to get unpainted figures?
Issue: I can't paint so whatever I would do would also destroy this sculpt, and probably more so to a huge degree

Though I do own unpainted invictas so I guess it wouldnt stand out too much
Maybe a painting commission would work out for you, at least down the road?

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I have some questions:

- It will come painted, right? In that case, when will we see the finished model?
- Is it at 1:35 scale?
- Any idea on pricing for the Chasmosaurus yet?

Looking forward to more reveals and info about the campaign!

Dilophosaurus_8o

I remember christmastime of 2021, I was 11 years old, when i was saving up money from doing chores around the house to afford the wild past majungasaurus. 3 years later and I still don't have it in my hands, I'm so happy to see the company doing so well though and once it releases I will most certainly purchase it.
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

Flaffy

Had been going back and forth on the BotM Chasmosaurus for a good couple of years now... Guess I can finally put that debate to rest!

Very happy with the Wild Past version so far, sculpt quality on the prototype is definitely on par with PNSO and HLG. Here's to hoping the finalised products lives up to the sculpt's potential. I'm assuming the Chasmosaurus skin impressions were taken into account when sculpting the model? avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Flaffy on November 18, 2023, 04:35:08 AMHad been going back and forth on the BotM Chasmosaurus for a good couple of years now... Guess I can finally put that debate to rest!

Very happy with the Wild Past version so far, sculpt quality on the prototype is definitely on par with PNSO and HLG. Here's to hoping the finalised products lives up to the sculpt's potential. I'm assuming the Chasmosaurus skin impressions were taken into account when sculpting the model? avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector

Good point with the impressions! I wouldn't be surprised if that was why they picked the genus in the first place.

Flaffy

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 18, 2023, 04:42:42 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 18, 2023, 04:35:08 AMHad been going back and forth on the BotM Chasmosaurus for a good couple of years now... Guess I can finally put that debate to rest!

Good point with the impressions! I wouldn't be surprised if that was why they picked the genus in the first place.

The reason why I mentioned it is cus the BotM one (surprisingly) neglected to follow the fossil evidence, evident by the absence of large feature scales across it's body. Something the Wild Past version includes.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: