News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Quote from: shahinos on March 27, 2024, 09:33:30 AMThe overbite doesn't bother me, but the seam is likely a red line for me.

The hunt for a good and affordable T Rex continues.

Same here! The new recur looks promising

Gwangi

I like everything about the Eofauna T. rex except the jaw articulation, it looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. For the time being I still plan on getting it but I'll need to see more pictures, particularly with the mouth closed.

Concavenator

It looks gorgeous. It feels very natural to me, properly bulky and has an eye-catching color scheme. Only thing I don't care about it is its base, not sure if it will work. Again, I wish they'd gone with a transparent acrylic rod à la PNSO. Or at least, hopefully they'll consider it for their next theropod (please please MOR 693, or at least Allosaurus jimmadseni!).

Planning on getting it, but I'm not in a hurry to get a Tyrannosaurus, so I'll wait and see if their next dinosaur species interests me so I could get both at the same time.

suspsy

Yup, I definitely prefer the Eofauna Tyrannosaurus rex over the PNSO. The seam doesn't bug me (already got plenty of dinosaur toys with seams), the teeth are no more rounded than Cameron's, the sculpting detail is comparable, and I like the colour scheme better to boot (anything over the same old brown again). Plus it's bound to cost less.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: SRF on March 27, 2024, 08:29:12 AMThere are some more in hand photos now on Paleofiguras Facebook page.

Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus seems to have an overbite, even with lips. The seem where the head is attached to the body is also quite noticable. I have to say that even without lips, Cameron still is the superior model to me.
When I get mine I might send it to Bravo Models to get the seam removed. A slight overtime doesn't bother me. I meet people periodically with slight overbites. I don't feel the need to cancel them.

Flaffy

Important to note that Eofauna's rex will likely cost half that of Cameron.

That being said, the overbite is a shame. The major appeal of having lipped figures is that the teeth are completely concealed when the mouth is shut. I do wonder if it's partially due to the unconventional way Eofauna designed the jaw articulation. I can't help but feel it would've been better if they wen't for a more traditional approach instead.

Quiversaurus

Could the overbite be specific to this particular model by any chance? I wonder if it's a case where different individuals' jaws fit and appear differently...

I'm holding out hope for this ^ cause I wasn't too impressed with the first few release images, but these in-hand images have actually started to sway me. Will wait for further images and video reviews before I judge for sure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

To me it's a lot like the Rebor..too much so to justify another Tyrannosaurus.

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on March 27, 2024, 04:47:03 PMImportant to note that Eofauna's rex will likely cost half that of Cameron.

Here in Spain (assuming the T. rex will be the same price as the Giganotosaurus), Cameron will be more than 3 times more expensive (3.68 times): 26 € (Eofauna) vs 95.67 € (PNSO, ignoring sales).  :P

ceratopsian

I like the colour scheme very much - but that head seam line is distracting.

Carnoking

The ventriloquist dummy comparison made by avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi is quite fitting and is more than a bit distracting to me. That said, it seems much less so in the photos of the figure's right side. Could the lighting be making it look worse than it is?

As far as pricing goes, Lana has it up for pre-orders at 50 bucks, 25 less than Cameron for folks in the states at least.

Personally, I love Eofauna's take but if PNSO had done the same thing for lips and paint, I'd gladly pay the 25 dollar difference for that figure over Eofauna's.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on March 27, 2024, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 27, 2024, 04:47:03 PMImportant to note that Eofauna's rex will likely cost half that of Cameron.

Here in Spain (assuming the T. rex will be the same price as the Giganotosaurus), Cameron will be more than 3 times more expensive (3.68 times): 26 € (Eofauna) vs 95.67 € (PNSO, ignoring sales).  :P

That's rough :'( , thankfully we have EverythingDinosaur here in the UK to help us deal with the cost and logistics of importing.

And yeah the cost disparity between PNSO museum series versus Eofauna is significant. While I'm generally not a fan of Eofauna's dinosaurs (give us more proboscideans PLEASE), it'd be silly not to take this into account when comparing the two rexes. Eofauna's pricing is much more in line with say Safari (the larger more spenny offerings) and Papo, deceptively affordable considering the high production value.

For reference UK pricing:
Safari ltd Giganotosaurus - £18.99
Safari ltd Feathered Tyrannosaurus - £23.99
Eofauna Giganotosaurus - £24.99
PNSO Giganotosaurus - £47.99
PNSO Tyrannosaurus - £54.99

Flaffy

avatar_Dan @Dan DansDinosaurs has the Eofauna rex up for pre-order too at $39.99.
Link: https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/tyrannosaurus-sue-by-eofauna/

Unfortunately it seems that the overbite is a running issue :-\

Gwangi

A slight overbite doesn't bother me. Neither does the facial appearance or teeth, which are common complaints I'm seeing elsewhere. It gives off varanid vibes, which I consider a good thing. I don't like how visible the seams are or the little "cheek" we see when the mouth is open.

You would almost think it was toothless but we know it's not.

Concavenator

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy To add to what you said, Eofauna's prices are pretty similar to Haolonggood's. That is, they are quite affordable for the quality of the products you are getting. PNSO's, on the other hand, I feel they're overpriced (even the Prehistoric Animal line*), but the Museum Line's straight blatant (remember, their Edmontosaurus is cheaper than their Tsintaosaurus  ;D ). They're not so overpriced that they're out of my price range, but I still think their prices are too much. Not that it prevents me from getting some of their figures I'm interested in, but for certain genera, like Tyrannosaurus or Edmontosaurus, the differences between PNSO's versions and Eofauna's/Haolonggood's (respectively) are, IMO, definitely not worth the differences in price. Like, considering the differences in price, one would initially assume that those products are in totally different leagues, which I clearly think is not the case.

Of course, PNSO are masters at what they do as well, and the quality of their products is unsurprisingly excellent. But I think they do charge too much. The reputation they've built surely helps too. I know their products are cheaper in China though (but I imagine the same will be true for Haolonggood, whose figures are pretty affordable even here in Spain).

- PNSO Pachycephalosaurus: 35,09 € (= 30,06 £, PNSO official AliExpress store)
- Eofauna Diplodocus: 28 € (= 23,99 £, Alcaiceria)

::)

Concavenator

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on March 31, 2024, 09:35:02 PMEofauna Tyrannosaurus now available through AliExpress.

As suspected, half the price of Cameron. Much better value for money even though it's undeniable that Cameron is a fantastic Tyrannosaurus.

That said, I can't help but feel that I'd like to wait for PNSO's inevitable take on a lipped Tyrannosaurus since PNSO is doing lipped theropods now. Had Eofauna released their rex sooner, especially during PNSO's lipless era, I imagine the hype would've been greater.

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on March 31, 2024, 09:58:46 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 31, 2024, 09:35:02 PMEofauna Tyrannosaurus now available through AliExpress.

As suspected, half the price of Cameron. Much better value for money even though it's undeniable that Cameron is a fantastic Tyrannosaurus.

That said, I can't help but feel that I'd like to wait for PNSO's inevitable take on a lipped Tyrannosaurus since PNSO is doing lipped theropods now. Had Eofauna released their rex sooner, especially during PNSO's lipless era, I imagine the hype would've been greater.

Pretty confident when it becomes available in Spain, it will be cheaper than that. Probably the same price as the Giganotosaurus. I've noticed that Eofauna figures are quite more expensive on AliExpress than on local stores like Alcaiceria. I've seen the Diplodocus and the Atlasaurus go for over 75 € (64 £) on AliExpress, compared to their 26 - 28 € price tags on Alcaiceria.

And we all know PNSO is going to release a lipped T. rex at some point. When? We don't know.

Concavenator

More in hand pictures, courtesy of Paleofiguras:

SidB

To me, it looks great and I love the paint work. Still, I'm intending to get Bravo to make the seam disappear - worth the cost as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure that it will top my lipped Cameron, but no matter, I'll be glad to acquire it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: