News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Duna on December 04, 2023, 03:46:40 PMIt's just like the render. I'm amazed by the articulation, that's very clever (and unique way, as that's the first time I've seen that).

Eofauna pioneered the use of computer models to generate and cut molds with their elephants, it doesn't surprise me that they have  innovated a new way to articulate the jaws on these animals so that they won't be hit or miss on whether or not they have gaps depending on the skill of the person that put your dinosaur together...I'm sure others will copy soon...

Concavenator

BTW, I think it's about time a "New for 2024" sub-board is created, isn't it?

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum This thread should be included in the "New for 2024" section.

DinoToyForum

CARN0TAURUS

This girl is taking a while to come out...I pre-ordered one the first couple of days in December 2023 from Dan's and haven't heard anything, been super busy with work but thought about it today and was wondering if anyone has heard anything?

SRF

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 06, 2024, 11:52:52 AMThis girl is taking a while to come out...I pre-ordered one the first couple of days in December 2023 from Dan's and haven't heard anything, been super busy with work but thought about it today and was wondering if anyone has heard anything?

I think it was confirmed back in December that this figure wouldn't be available before April of this year?
But today, I'm just being father

Halichoeres

I'm just waiting to find out if there will be any other releases from EoFauna this year...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 07, 2024, 03:08:22 AMI'm just waiting to find out if there will be any other releases from EoFauna this year...
I'd sure like to see another proboscidean. Nobody does these like Eofauna, both in terms of variety and precision.

Dusty Wren

I'm still hoping for a Columbian mammoth from Eofauna. Even if another company releases one at this point, I'll hold out for Eofauna's version--no one beats them at proboscideans.
Check out my customs thread!

GojiraGuy1954

Stegotetrabelodon, Mammuthus primigenius or Moeritherium
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Honestly I'd love to see them tackle more sauropods as they seem to be incredibly knowledgeable in that field.

Concavenator

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 07, 2024, 10:29:34 PMHonestly I'd love to see them tackle more sauropods as they seem to be incredibly knowledgeable in that field.

I can only imagine how would an Eofauna Amargasaurus or Shunosaurus turn out. Absolutely delightful.

Jorgesaurus

Concavenator

New update:

Quote from: EofaunaThe production of Tyrannosaurus "Sue" is finally complete, and it is now en route to our warehouse. It is expected to arrive by May.

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS You were asking when would it be available, so I guess this interests you.

Sim

My unpopular opinion: I dislike how Eofauna has done theropod figures.  I look forward to seeing their next dinosaur after the Tyrannosaurus, I like what they've done for their non-theropods!

Nyrorosaurus

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Wish we could see how it looks out of the bag, but I'm really liking it already! Glad I waited on Cameron as while this isn't quite as high quality, the lips are a huge draw for me. Personally I find lipless tyrannosaurs in particular to look unnatural because of just how large their teeth are.

Flaffy

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 27, 2024, 04:53:12 AMWish we could see how it looks out of the bag, but I'm really liking it already! Glad I waited on Cameron as while this isn't quite as high quality, the lips are a huge draw for me. Personally I find lipless tyrannosaurs in particular to look unnatural because of just how large their teeth are.

Likewise. Liplessness is a major reason I haven't picked up any of the latest tyrannosaurs from PNSO. Their Albertosaurus in particular looks quite odd IMO.

I think it would've been wise for PNSO to have done 2 versions of every theropod, one lipless and one lipped to satisfy both sides.

SRF

There are some more in hand photos now on Paleofiguras Facebook page.

Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus seems to have an overbite, even with lips. The seem where the head is attached to the body is also quite noticable. I have to say that even without lips, Cameron still is the superior model to me.
But today, I'm just being father

shahinos

The overbite doesn't bother me, but the seam is likely a red line for me.

The hunt for a good and affordable T Rex continues.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: