News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Wally-217 on February 26, 2024, 09:17:27 PMUgh that mamenchisaurus is an instant buy for me. The alamosaurus (and likely argentinosaurus too) is slightly too big for my scale so I'll be glad to support at least one of these releases. I actually wouldn't mind if they stuck to one paint scheme. I guess it'd depend on how many extra sales the variants bring in but I feel like the priority should be on making sure the paint schemes work well as a set of four. With there being 4 different alamosaurus available from two different companies, I'm finding it hard to commit to any of them.

This is why I opted for the plain variant of the Alamosaurus. This is a dark brown-green tone that is actually a bit different from the typical brown and gray tones of many sauropods. And I would think that this plain variant of the Alamosaurus would fit nicely with the Mamenchisaurus.

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on February 26, 2024, 09:24:12 PM
Quote from: Wally-217 on February 26, 2024, 09:17:27 PMUgh that mamenchisaurus is an instant buy for me. The alamosaurus (and likely argentinosaurus too) is slightly too big for my scale so I'll be glad to support at least one of these releases. I actually wouldn't mind if they stuck to one paint scheme. I guess it'd depend on how many extra sales the variants bring in but I feel like the priority should be on making sure the paint schemes work well as a set of four. With there being 4 different alamosaurus available from two different companies, I'm finding it hard to commit to any of them.

The paint schemes of most haolonggood figures turn me off from there figures so I agree that If we just got one good paint scheme I would be happy

I feel that the most important thing is that we get an accurate figure with a nicely textured sculpt with many details. One can always get a repaint. OK this will cost, but it may sometimes really be worth it. I did not like the paint schemes of the Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus at all. Neither the color palette nor the design. Now I got it repainted and this turned it into a beautiful model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Didn't we see two variations in paint already?

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 26, 2024, 04:11:55 PM
Quote from: SidB on February 26, 2024, 03:04:06 PMAs impressive as this new HLG Mamenchisaurus is, I'm reluctant to get this one, given that I already have five: two Invictas, one CollectA and the two PNSO. Pretty much up to the gills in these. The Agentinosaurus, on the other hand is another matter.

But this one will be a true 1:35 scale and an impressive 70 to 75 cm long. A real eye catcher in every collection. You can sell the other five then. Just imagine all these four giants come out this year and how they will look together. The march of the titans. This is what I am really looking forward to this year.
I'm tempted, of course!

Takama

Based on the size its gotta be M.sinnocandorum

thomasw100

Quote from: Takama on February 27, 2024, 05:30:41 AMBased on the size its gotta be M.sinnocandorum

This is what I thought as well. The Eofauna sauropod book estimates Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum at 25 meters (length through the centra), which in 1:35 scale would be 71 cm. Judging from that picture which showed the model of the Alamosaurus base, I have guessed it to be about 70-75 cm, maybe a little less. So this would fit quite well.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Weibo page for Haolonggood has uploaded a photo with the legend (translated) "Wait for the flowers to bloom, it is worth having!"
A new release (at least) is right behind the corner  8)
Edit: I am on the phone right now, so I couldn't uploaded as usual. Thanks avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo

DefinitelyNOTDilo

The images don't seem to be working for me, would you mind trying to send them some other way?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Gwangi

Wait for the flowers to bloom? Well, they're blooming where I live, lets have it!  :))

thomasw100

I think they should just reveal whatever next release they have prepared. The Chinese New Year holiday break is over and now we want to see some real stuff.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnoking

Maybe I'm reading too far into this but "wait for the flowers to bloom", is this a reference to April showers bringing May flowers?
Perhaps the Mamenchisaurus will be available by May or we'll get our first look at the next big sauropod that month.

ceratopsian

I'm happy just to wait until it's ready, whatever it might be. Let's not encourage any cutting of corners in the interests of speed. And I hope that Haolonggood staff/owners all had a good break over the holidays to recharge their batteries after a very busy and full year!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 29, 2024, 03:44:31 PMMaybe I'm reading too far into this but "wait for the flowers to bloom", is this a reference to April showers bringing May flowers?
Perhaps the Mamenchisaurus will be available by May or we'll get our first look at the next big sauropod that month.

I just assumed a general "Spring" date.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Carnoking on February 29, 2024, 03:44:31 PMMaybe I'm reading too far into this but "wait for the flowers to bloom", is this a reference to April showers bringing May flowers?

I would be surprised if a Chinese company is using English proverbs to give oblique hints about release dates!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted the information that Haolonggood will participate in the global E-commerce exhibition in Shenzen (20-22 March) and present new products. I guess we will only then learn about new releases.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Lana has announced through their fb webpage that 1:35 Mamenchisaurus will be ready for sale as early April  ;D
Will it be the first HaoLongGood figure launched for this year?
A full dragon's year ahead  8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

They didn't say if that was a preorder date or a stock/shipping date though.

thomasw100

I could imagine that this would be a pre-order date and the release date then in May as was initially communicated. The Mamenchisaurus will have an even larger box than the Alamosaurus and they will only be able to calculate the shipping costs when they know the exact size and weight of the box.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: