News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I haven't done a lot of reading on Edmontosaurus soft tissue, so I'd like to raise a question:

Is there hard evidence for/against E.regalis-like neck scale clusters on E. annectens? I'd imagine this being a pretty diagnostic feature if we have neck skin impressions preserved in E.annectens mummies.

SRF

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on January 31, 2024, 08:30:39 PM
Quote from: SRF on January 31, 2024, 07:40:23 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 31, 2024, 06:53:14 PMavatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection , I suspect that he doesn't own a CollectA Edmontosaurus for comparison purposes. I don't think that he has many figures from that brand, if his site's inventory of reviews is any guide.

He actually mentions that the Safari Edmontosaurus is the only other Edmontosaurus he owns.

I sure hope we'll have a sale on AliExpress soon, because I really want to add this Edmontosaurus to my collection!
We will surely do, and it is way nearer than we thought.
Choice day always comes the first of every month, and Zabad is included.  :))
I hope this sale gets LA people who couldn't also buy it otherwise, as PNSO has restricted most of us to 50+USD Choice-shipping figures such as Aymen and Zabad.

Choice Day does nothing for me actually. No additional discounts for any PNSO figure, only free shipping. The Edmontosaurus isn't even available at this moment for my country. For those of us living in the EU, only the large sales with 20% discount or more are interesting because of the additional VAT we have to pay for importing goods from outside the EU. That's the kind of sale I'm waiting for.
But today, I'm just being father

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2024, 12:54:48 AMI haven't done a lot of reading on Edmontosaurus soft tissue, so I'd like to raise a question:

Is there hard evidence for/against E.regalis-like neck scale clusters on E. annectens? I'd imagine this being a pretty diagnostic feature if we have neck skin impressions preserved in E.annectens mummies.

I'm not sure either as this is the first time I've run across them.

I looked up hadrosaur mummies but have yet to find them on one.

Concavenator

L @Leyster I'm curious, which species would you say the PNSO Edmontosaurus represents?

I'd identify it as E. annectens because of the long, low skull. DinosDragons said that it might represent this species too. I would like to know your opinion on the matter.

Leyster

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator sorry for the delay. I'm not versed enough on hadrosaurs to give an unquestionable answer, but our ornithischian expert is looking at it right now. More on this to come...
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

L @Leyster Bet you mean Dr. Bertozzo.  ;) Looking forward to hearing his thoughts!

Wally-217

Does anyone have an ID on the sauropod model seen here?
It doesn't seem to be either of the two PNSO mamenchisaurs.

thomasw100

Quote from: Wally-217 on February 08, 2024, 08:02:20 PMDoes anyone have an ID on the sauropod model seen here?

I noticed this as well, but was quite uncertain what it could be. Possibly a 1:35 scale Mamenchisaurus or Omeisaurus or at least a species from that group would seem possible. Could this be a hidden teaser for something that will be released this year?

Takama

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 08, 2024, 10:46:28 PM
Quote from: Wally-217 on February 08, 2024, 08:02:20 PMDoes anyone have an ID on the sauropod model seen here?

I noticed this as well, but was quite uncertain what it could be. Possibly a 1:35 scale Mamenchisaurus or Omeisaurus or at least a species from that group would seem possible. Could this be a hidden teaser for something that will be released this year?

That was a polyresin model that PNSO sold on AMAZON back in 2021.  Its a Macnechisaurus and was pretty pricy

ceratopsian

Yes, there was a large and limited edition Mamenchisaurus. It was released quite a bit before 2021. I remember seeing it in a museum shop in China in 2019. There was no way I could have taken it round with me on my holiday, even if I had the cash (Western credit cards are mostly non- functional in China), so I did not get it as a souvenir!

dragon53

Halichoeres

I'd forgotten that PNSO's Liaoceratops was named Hehe. Delightful.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TlatolophusJuanorum

Hello everyone!
Today arrived my Edmontosaurus, so it deserved his usual photo shoot. Zabad is a very hefty and esplendid detailed figure, brownish colouration aside. Following DinosDragons suggestion of depicting it as E.annectens, I used my Hell Creek herbivores to make some comparisons.
"Oh, a flower amidst the drought."

"Hi there, Sede."
Alongside both Jiebao and Jiezhen, the HaoLongGood's Edmontonia (longiceps).

Personal preference, as I didn't like PNSO's Triceratops sculpt nor price, I went with CollectA's Oreo Trike.
Hell Creek Family
Oh, I forgot about Quetzalcoatlus.
And... CollectA's Ruyangosaurus, which is about the same size as PNSO's Samuel the Alamosaurus.
It seems Tyrannosaurus is shockingly missing, I'll just wait until a well lipped T.rex appears. (without customization) ;)

Further on, I hope to get my hands onto HLG's Edmontosaurus, which resemble more to E.regalis:D

Concavenator

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum A gorgeous addition to your ornithopod group indeed.  8)

If you're looking for a lipped Tyrannosaurus, what about Eofauna's? It's an excellent figure.

Eofauna's Triceratops is great too, however it represents an unnamed species.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Concavenator on February 14, 2024, 08:50:37 AMavatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum A gorgeous addition to your ornithopod group indeed.  8)

If you're looking for a lipped Tyrannosaurus, what about Eofauna's? It's an excellent figure.

Eofauna's Triceratops is great too, however it represents an unnamed species.
Thanks for the advice avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator!

I've seriously considered Eoufauna's Sue, eventhough I'm not very into its yellow paint scheme.
As for the Triceratops, you mean Yoshi's? I thought they were based on this particular specimen.

Concavenator

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum Yes, you are right, Eofauna's Triceratops is (mainly) based on MOR 3027, the so-called "Yoshi's Trike", and UCMP 128561. Both are presumed to potentially represent a new Triceratops species intermediate between T. horridus and T. prorsus (Scanella et al. 2014).

oscars_dinos

sooooo when is pnso going to announce a new model

Joel1905

Quote from: oscars_dinos on February 15, 2024, 09:02:27 PMsooooo when is pnso going to announce a new model

After Chinese New Year ends, so after February 25th.

Fingers crossed for a lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex!

Flaffy

Praying for a Psittacosaurus. I certainly wouldn't mind if they did a special box set of all 9 species within the genus.

Gunnersaurus

Quote from: Joel1905 on February 16, 2024, 12:00:24 AM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on February 15, 2024, 09:02:27 PMsooooo when is pnso going to announce a new model

After Chinese New Year ends, so after February 25th.

Fingers crossed for a lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex!

They only just released cameron last year!

I feel they have a few existing models that could do with an upgrade over the rex (carnotaurus, corythosaurus, mosasaurus, torvosaurus to name a few).

That's not to mention species that have never had a pnso model.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: