News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

I think the argument of "this company shouldn't make this species because this other company has a good one" isn't a good stance to have. Every company has different design philosophies that some people might like more than others. Its like saying that no paleoartist can try drawing a t-rex because someone else already depicted one. I love the papo Ceratosaurus and even had it displayed with my pnsos for a while but eventually took it out for the reasons mentioned above. I would love a pnso ceratosurus, not just for the shorter arms, smaller feet, and lips, that it would most likely have, but also just to see their interpretation of it. If pnso does make one I believe it will be a lot more graceful looking than the papos but that doesn't mean that the papo one is suddenly bad. I understand some might feel it is a waist of time and money but honestly as long as the figure is good I'm happy.

Takama

When i collected toys

I went By Company and not what was most accurate on the market.

However i noticed most of them had many inconcistancies.  Schelich has both decent models, and Abominations in the same line.

Not to mention scale is largely ignored at best or "used as a marketing ploy" at worst.

I left toy collecting, in favor of commisioning my own models, yes I could model "modifiyed" to have lips but why do that, when i can just go from scratch?

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Takama on February 27, 2024, 04:44:51 AMWhen i collected toys

However i noticed most of them had many inconcistancies.  Schelich has both decent models, and Abominations in the same line.

Not to mention scale is largely ignored at best or "used as a marketing ploy" at worst.

I left toy collecting, in favor of commisioning my own models, yes I could model "modifiyed" to have lips but why do that, when i can just go from scratch?

While I respect the move, I think you have a lot more incentive, I think some of us like to just see what a company that we likes put out, any customizations after that are up to however.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: oscars_dinos on February 27, 2024, 06:21:06 AM

While I respect the move, I think you have a lot more incentive, I think some of us like to just see what a company that we likes put out, any customizations after that are up to however.

That's one reason I don't really care what anyone makes. There are so many companies making stuff now eventually someone will make what you want. Ive enough to collect as is without asking for more lol

Samrukia

Official PNSO store on AliExpress suddenly stopped shipping to my country for most models, did anybody experience similar issues?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Samrukia on February 27, 2024, 02:54:35 PMOfficial PNSO store on AliExpress suddenly stopped shipping to my country for most models, did anybody experience similar issues?

I think another member previously said the same.

thomasw100

The latter approach will be very expensive I would think. And it may be the case that you would not necessarily get the most scientifically accurate models. This is at least what I have seen with many models from 3D paleoart designers. These are typically people that work alone in designing these models. They cannot compete with companies like PNSO which has an own research department, which does skeletal and muscular reconstructions.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2024, 06:47:46 AMThat's one reason I don't really care what anyone makes. There are so many companies making stuff now eventually someone will make what you want. Ive enough to collect as is without asking for more lol

I think that's only true if what you want is among the 50 most famous dinosaurs, or the 15 most famous non-dinosaurs. If you want anything other than that you might be waiting literally decades, if it happens at all.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 04, 2024, 02:27:30 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2024, 06:47:46 AMThat's one reason I don't really care what anyone makes. There are so many companies making stuff now eventually someone will make what you want. Ive enough to collect as is without asking for more lol

I think that's only true if what you want is among the 50 most famous dinosaurs, or the 15 most famous non-dinosaurs. If you want anything other than that you might be waiting literally decades, if it happens at all.

I've seen just about everything anyone wants made at some point in some fashion. There are artists, 3D printers, ect out there that can make anything in any pose, color or shape if you only ask them for it. We've moved quite a ways forward over the years. To the point nothing is truly off the table if you want it bad enough.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 04, 2024, 03:14:42 AM

I've seen just about everything anyone wants made at some point in some fashion. There are artists, 3D printers, ect out there that can make anything in any pose, color or shape if you only ask them for it. We've moved quite a ways forward over the years. To the point nothing is truly off the table if you want it bad enough.

They still dragging their tails on a Brachytrachelopan. 😣
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Returning to the list previously posted, we didn't end up getting a figure in February, so there may be more truth to it then originally suspected. We'll have to see what this month's figure ends up being, but I'm definitely a little hopeful now.

Joel1905

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 06, 2024, 06:45:18 PMReturning to the list previously posted, we didn't end up getting a figure in February, so there may be more truth to it then originally suspected. We'll have to see what this month's figure ends up being, but I'm definitely a little hopeful now.

PNSO never release figures in February as its Chinese New Year

Sim

Quote from: Joel1905 on March 06, 2024, 09:01:01 PMPNSO never release figures in February as its Chinese New Year
Actually PNSO's 2023 Giganotosaurus was released in February.  If you check the PNSO 2023 thread, you can see the posts about it are from February.  I don't recall other times PNSO DIDN'T release any figures in Feb.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on March 06, 2024, 09:01:01 PMPNSO never release figures in February as its Chinese New Year
Actually PNSO's 2023 Giganotosaurus was released in February.  If you check the PNSO 2023 thread, you can see the posts about it are from February.  I don't recall other times PNSO DIDN'T release any figures in Feb.
Last year, the beginning of their (lunar) calendar was January 22nd so that would change things a bit. But the duration of their holiday vacations are about a month or so.

Halichoeres

Well, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. It's technically true that I could sculpt any species I want in ZBrush or commission one from an artist, but I don't have the free time or the financial wherewithal to do that. Most people don't.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 07, 2024, 01:14:12 AM

Well, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. It's technically true that I could sculpt any species I want in ZBrush or commission one from an artist, but I don't have the free time or the financial wherewithal to do that. Most people don't.

There are artists who can work in just about any budget or they already have the models created on their free time for sale.  I know it's a simple thing to say " What do we want from (insert company name ) ".   Maybe the difference is just stating what you hope is made for a few bucks and wanting something so bad you actively hunt it down and try to procur one as best you can?  In short we're discussing "drive" or "will"?

SRF

Just a heads up, today the anniversary sale started on AliExpress. I finally picked up this years Edmontosaurus with a nice discount. Last years Saurophaganax as well.
But today, I'm just being father

sage2k

Quote from: SRF on March 18, 2024, 08:09:54 AMJust a heads up, today the anniversary sale started on AliExpress. I finally picked up this years Edmontosaurus with a nice discount. Last years Saurophaganax as well.

Sigh. PNSO AliExpress just dropped delivery to the country I'm in right now. Frustrating :P

Ambre

Quote from: sage2k on March 18, 2024, 12:08:41 PM
Quote from: SRF on March 18, 2024, 08:09:54 AMJust a heads up, today the anniversary sale started on AliExpress. I finally picked up this years Edmontosaurus with a nice discount. Last years Saurophaganax as well.

Sigh. PNSO AliExpress just dropped delivery to the country I'm in right now. Frustrating :P

Yeah me too, the AliExpress store was great and kinda cheap. Such a shame

sage2k

Quote from: Ambre on March 18, 2024, 01:15:29 PM
Quote from: sage2k on March 18, 2024, 12:08:41 PM

Yeah me too, the AliExpress store was great and kinda cheap. Such a shame

Just wanted to let you know I was finally able to order the PNSO Edmontosaurus on AliExpress! Hopefully the order comes through.
Maybe check AliExpress PNSO store if you wanted order something while the sale is on.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: