News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

There might be a couple on there I would be interested in.

thomasw100

Quite difficult to say if this list is legitimate. It would mark a fundamental change of the current policy of PNSO not to release any early teasers. And they have been quite efficient in preventing any leaks surfacing. I remember only two cases where some early pictures started to circulate. The first was the picture of the unpainted prototypes of Albertosausrus and Gorgosaurus, which indeed were later released. The second were the pictures of the new Spinosaurus being presented by PNSO at some meeting at China Universiy of Geosciences. And at some point last year a list of four species circulated, but none of them has seen the light of the day. Maybe PNSO feels somewhat under pressure by the increasing competition from Haolonggood, this could well explain that they would want to inform the community about what they have in the making. This would possibly also prevent some of these parallel releases of species by both PNSO and Halonggood. For my taste we had too many of such cases recently and I am not sure if the two companies can really afford this too many times in the long run. If this really happens in parallel like with the Alamosaurus for example, this will for sure negatively affect the sales figures for both of them. Some people will buy both models, but many not, for various reasons.

SenSx

Would like this list for Gigantoraptor and Ceratosaurus, but the lacks of T-rex with lips makes me doubting.
We saw the prototype, we know it's coming.

Duna

I hope the list is not true. I'm only interesed in the Ceratosaurus.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on February 24, 2024, 08:07:31 AMWould like this list for Gigantoraptor and Ceratosaurus, but the lacks of T-rex with lips makes me doubting.
We saw the prototype, we know it's coming.

If you're referring to that CAD image of Wilson, that's definitely not a prototype of a lipped T. Rex. There really is no indication yet that PNSO will release a lipped T. Rex this year.
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

This list will be easy to confirm. We've already gotten the Edmontosaurus (1/11), so if we get an Euoplocephalus next month, that will make 2/11 and thus will suggest the list is true.

If that's the case, I guess I'll be interested in the Chasmosaurus and the Shunosaurus as replacements for the BotM and Safari versions, respectively. The Saurolophus might interest me as well (aside from the Edmontosaurus, though I'm currently leaning towards getting HLG's instead). The others are a pass for me. Still glad there will finally be a Ceratosaurus for all the people that were waiting for one.

A shame not to see any non-dinosaur, they haven't released any since 2021 (it's been 3 years already, wow!). Another rumour list that was shared in December (IIRC) mentioned a Shonisaurus, and I was excited about the idea of getting one...

If true, this lineup is better than last year's, but that's setting the bar low, with all those  megatheropods (some of them being fragmentary) and just 2 non-theropods, 1 ankylosaurid and 1 titanosaur. Out of this year's list, the Chasmosaurus, Saurolophus and Ceratosaurus are very overdue, but this is what I commented a while ago. At the end of the day, it's another ceratopsid, hadrosaurid and scaly theropod (heh, the feathered ones are rarer in the figure market), respectively. So even if seemingly these taxa will now be receiving the attention they deserve, it's basically the same groups of dinosaur again. OrnithomimIDs, alvarezsaurs, basal sauropodomorphs, basal ornithischians, etc, are nowhere to be found. There's also the disturbing fact that after all of these years, PNSO hasn't released a single eudromaeosaur yet (but of course they've felt the need to release Zhuchengtyrannus, Mapusaurus, Saurophaganax, "Sinopliosaurus", 3 Yangchuanosaurus, who knows how many Tyrannosaurus and the one/s that will surely be released down the road), etc.

thomasw100

I would also say that if this list turns out to be true the lineup would not be bad at all. I would definitely go for Euoplocephalus, Chasmosaurus, Gigantoraptor, Saurolophus, Chungkingosaurus and Shunosaurus, maybe also for Ichthyovenator. A Gigantoraptor in particular would be great, as it has been quite a long time since they made a feathered species. I would be curious to see how with their current level of textural detail the feathering would look like. The Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus are really nice models, so I would assume that a Gigantoraptor should be a beautiful model as well.

SidB

Well, if this us true, then I made the right decision to have Cameron 'lipped' by Bravo Models. Of the items on the list, ny number one acquisition would be the Chasmosaurus, No sauropods though, which sort of surprises me. HLG should be happy about that, if the list can be verified.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on February 24, 2024, 12:09:22 PMWell, if this us true, then I made the right decision to have Cameron 'lipped' by Bravo Models. Of the items on the list, ny number one acquisition would be the Chasmosaurus, No sauropods though, which sort of surprises me. HLG should be happy about that, if the list can be verified.

But Shunosaurus is a sauropod, albeit not a very large one. In 1:35 scale it would be about 36 cm, so perfectly within the typical range of PNSO figures.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 03:51:20 AMUpcoming PNSO figures for 2024:

January: Edmontosaurus
February: N/A
March: Euoplocephalus
April: Neovenator
May: Chasmosaurus
June: Gigantoraptor
July: Ichthyovenator
August: Saurolophus
September: Alioramus
October: Chungkingosaurus
November: Ceratosaurus
December: Shunosaurus
The Euoplocephalus is a bit of a disappointment due to the fact that Haolonggood's teaser of the model itself I found to be in love with the pose. So PNSO's really gonna have to wow me to change my mind.

And then the Saurolophus :P I still really love my custom. But I never shy away from hadrosaurs.

Out of all of these listed, the Ceratosaurus is at the top of my most wanted list.

Concavenator

T @thomasw100 It's not unheard to get PNSO leaks. As you mentioned, we already saw the Gorgosaurus and the Albertosaurus coming. The Spinosaurus too (and the Edmontosaurus).

In 2022, a list mentioning Lingwulong and Suchomimus came out, and both ended up being released later that year.

And back in late 2021, a list came out with what would turn out to be PNSO's 2022 releases until May.

So they may not be as effective when it comes to preventing leaks from coming out.  :P

Also, (if true) I find this year's lineup more interesting than Shanxi Museum's. However, I could do without the fragmentary Ichthyovenator, Gigantoraptor and Neovenator (Chasmosaurus, Shunosaurus and Saurolophus aside, I may not be interested in the others, but I have no right to complaint because they have good remains). Yes, I know some people want Gigantoraptor, but we don't know how its head looked like, and how long was its neck, for that matter. At the end of the day, it's sort of the same situation as with Therizinosaurus, people simply want it because it's the largest member of their respective groups. A smaller, better known oviraptorosaur like Corythoraptor will be neglected for eons in the meantime.

When it comes to this year's lineup, I'm pleasantly surprised they've chosen Shunosaurus as the representative for sauropods. A very important and well-understood sauropod, and I admit I was fearing another big titanosaur or Diplodocus.

S @SidB From the very moment PNSO started adding lips to their theropods the same year they released a Tyrannosaurus, it was obvious they will be releasing a lipped Tyrannosaurus at some point (not that it wasn't obvious before!). The question is when.  :( It could be in 2025, 2026...

Gwangi

That's a great list if it turns out to be true. I would be most excited for the Chasmosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Gigantoraptor, and Saurolophus.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 24, 2024, 12:20:05 PM
Quote from: SidB on February 24, 2024, 12:09:22 PMWell, if this us true, then I made the right decision to have Cameron 'lipped' by Bravo Models. Of the items on the list, ny number one acquisition would be the Chasmosaurus, No sauropods though, which sort of surprises me. HLG should be happy about that, if the list can be verified.

But Shunosaurus is a sauropod, albeit not a very large one. In 86
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 24, 2024, 12:20:05 PM

But Shunosaurus is a sauropod, albeit not a very large one. In 1:35 scale it would be about 36 cm, so perfectly within the typical range of PNSO figures.
1:35 scale it would be about 36 cm, so perfectly within the typical range of PNSO figures.
Whoops, I missed that one, T @thomasw100 ! Yes, it's a very appropriate sauropod.

Concavenator

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 24, 2024, 03:06:25 PMThis "list" is fake news. It's some idiot fan's wishlist, nothing more. Only one release per month? And PNSO does 10 therapods for every 1 herbivore. And of course everyone jumps online to whine about what's on the list and what's not.

But 1 figure/month is roughly PNSO's release rate, at least during the most recent years. And several of the featured genera, like Ceratosaurus, Chungkingosaurus and Gigantoraptor, are some that one could expect PNSO to eventually remake. So if this list is fake news, at least it's believable. In any case, next month we will find out if it's true or not.

thomasw100

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 24, 2024, 03:06:25 PMThis "list" is fake news. It's some idiot fan's wishlist, nothing more. Only one release per month? And PNSO does 10 therapods for every 1 herbivore. And of course everyone jumps online to whine about what's on the list and what's not.

Could you please moderate down the tone of your language, is is bordering on offensive. You have name called the author of that list and you have offended everyone who took to discuss this list.

suspsy

Well, we'll see if there's anything to that list or not in a week or so.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 03:51:20 AMA list is presently circulating on Facebook. Pass the salt shaker.

Upcoming PNSO figures for 2024:

If there is a remote chance of being totally real, I'm really into the Chasmosaurus, Saurolophus, Chungkingosaurus and Shunosaurus. I would love to see their Euplocephalus to compare with the HLG one, lets see how well both companies have evolved in 2024 in terms of both painting and sculpting.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 03:51:20 AMA list is presently circulating on Facebook. Pass the salt shaker.

I'm a little suspicious of this list, but I wouldn't entirely be surprised if it turned out to be legit. It includes some species I've been looking forward to as well so I wouldn't complain too much either. I want to say it lacks any sort of PNSO's characteristic carnivorous megatheropod releases, but then again, I'm not sure how many they even have left to choose from.

Like, I'm sure they'll put out a new rex sometime in early-mid 2025, if this list is legit, but what else? Tyrannotitan? I don't see them returning to too many of their old species to add lips so the megatheropod pool's drying out. Well, it shouldn't take too long to find out if this is a real list or not.
* (It's locked.)

thomasw100

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on February 24, 2024, 05:50:21 PM

I'm a little suspicious of this list, but I wouldn't entirely be surprised if it turned out to be legit. It includes some species I've been looking forward to as well so I wouldn't complain too much either. I want to say it lacks any sort of PNSO's characteristic carnivorous megatheropod releases, but then again, I'm not sure how many they even have left to choose from.

Like, I'm sure they'll put out a new rex sometime in early-mid 2025, if this list is legit, but what else? Tyrannotitan? I don't see them returning to too many of their old species to add lips so the megatheropod pool's drying out. Well, it shouldn't take too long to find out if this is a real list or not.

There is the Ichthyovenator and I consider it likely that PNSO will release one or more spinosaurids any time soon. They have Spinosaurus out and several other spinosaurids depicted in the art material that came with that release.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 24, 2024, 06:04:15 PMThere is the Ichthyovenator and I consider it likely that PNSO will release one or more spinosaurids any time soon. They have Spinosaurus out and several other spinosaurids depicted in the art material that came with that release.

Well, yes, though in my opinion, Icthyovenator, while still a theropod doesn't quite fit the same release 'niche' as larger theropods like Saurophaganax, Spinosaurus or Yangchuanosaurus "magnus" from last year. If it's 1/35, it will be a comparatively smaller figure, like their Megalosaurus. Same thing goes for the potential Neovenator and Ceratosaurus.

Maybe their larger theropods are filling the role now? Either way, if this is real, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Gigantoraptor
* (It's locked.)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: