News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Shane on March 12, 2024, 02:44:52 PMThat list appears to be 100% wishful thinking.

Thank you for the confirmation. I've already let the original poster know the list is fake.

Shane

Quote from: Concavenator on March 12, 2024, 03:47:38 PM
Quote from: Shane on March 12, 2024, 02:44:52 PMThat list appears to be 100% wishful thinking.

Thank you for the confirmation. I've already let the original poster know the list is fake.

I mean, I obviously am not going to fully confirm or deny any list of rumors, but sometimes I can see the kernel of truth in rumor lists, even if they're mostly off-base. I can usually see the foundations of where they got their info to formulate the rumors.

This list, though, I dunno what to tell you. I got nothin.

Halichoeres

Kinda glad to hear that, actually! Three good Chasmosaurus figures in a single year would have made for some difficult decisions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 12, 2024, 11:57:42 PMKinda glad to hear that, actually! Three good Chasmosaurus figures in a single year would have made for some difficult decisions.

For as long as I've been waiting for a Chasmosaurus I would probably end up with Haolonggood's AND Safari's, especially if Safari's was a Doug Watson sculpt.

suspsy

I have no interest in any Chasmosaurus toy. Already have the PNSO miniature and the Safari Vagaceratops, which might well be a species of Chasmosaurus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shane

Not sure if this is anyone here's cup of tea, but the new Brachiosaurus Baby figure repaint is in stock:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/brachiosaurus-baby

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not a new product but it looks like last month Safari updated their Bernie Bucks program. I'm a bit annoyed at the new tiers. I've amassed quite a few points I use to make orders for our nonprofit and now they have totally changed it.  The rewards have went down while the amount required to use them have went way up.  :-\   I'm going to have wait for better sales from now on to place orders.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 02, 2024, 03:52:27 AMNot a new product but it looks like last month Safari updated their Bernie Bucks program. I'm a bit annoyed at the new tiers. I've amassed quite a few points I use to make orders for our nonprofit and now they have totally changed it.  The rewards have went down while the amount required to use them have went way up.  :-\   I'm going to have wait for better sales from now on to place orders.

Hmm, that's a little bit of a bummer. Between that and the carelessness of the fulfillment department (tossed into a too-large box with zero padding), it might be time to start consider buying from another retailer rather than DTC.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 02, 2024, 03:52:27 AMNot a new product but it looks like last month Safari updated their Bernie Bucks program. I'm a bit annoyed at the new tiers. I've amassed quite a few points I use to make orders for our nonprofit and now they have totally changed it.  The rewards have went down while the amount required to use them have went way up.  :-\   I'm going to have wait for better sales from now on to place orders.

The minimum amount for free shipping went up too.  ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 11, 2024, 10:28:57 PM

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 02, 2024, 03:52:27 AMNot a new product but it looks like last month Safari updated their Bernie Bucks program. I'm a bit annoyed at the new tiers. I've amassed quite a few points I use to make orders for our nonprofit and now they have totally changed it.  The rewards have went down while the amount required to use them have went way up.  :-\  I'm going to have wait for better sales from now on to place orders.

Hmm, that's a little bit of a bummer. Between that and the carelessness of the fulfillment department (tossed into a too-large box with zero padding), it might be time to start consider buying from another retailer rather than DTC.

I guess they have to do what they have to do as a company to stay afloat, but I have to do what I have to do as a shop owner as well. I was doing ok at the deal I had, this new one puts me over or I would have to mark things up more. As a nonprofit I was trying to do my best with it even paying tax as we aren't registered in FL just TN. I'll just have to not make orders nearly as often or not carry the products.  Walmart has done this to me as well, all the cheaper items I used to carry from them and bought in bulk they have just either went up a lot or stopped carrying.

I did notice there is zero packing in the packages I get, usually not an issue as the figures are usually in the center of all the other items I buy but yeah it doesn't make you feel great seeing it packed like that especially as a collector.  That said Amazon, Walmart, Target, they all do about the same too.

Gwangi

It went up again! It was $60 the last time I placed an order and now it's $100. If it wasn't for their sales I probably wouldn't ever order directly from Safari again. ::)

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on May 24, 2024, 10:59:59 PM

It went up again! It was $60 the last time I placed an order and now it's $100. If it wasn't for their sales I probably wouldn't ever order directly from Safari again. ::)

Maybe it's due to the rising retail costs? Doesn't take more than a couple larger figures or 3 toobs to hit the old minimum, and shipping costs keep rising too.
But that's just a guess.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It might be due to some of that, but raising prices and eliminating accumulated deals that you have been a part of for years is a great way to stop customers returning.  It's like in Christmas Vacation, Clark is expecting a bonus like he has received for years at his job and instead he get's a 1 year subscription to the jelly of the month club..it's ridiculous  ;D  but it assures I won't bother with orders again until I see a great sale/deal. I was spending quite a bit with them.

Halichoeres

So the other side of this is that they're having to compete with, for example, Amazon, which has led us all to expect free shipping on everything. But of course shipping isn't ever really free, and the reason Amazon can ship things for free is that they make so much money from other parts of their business that they can ship things for free just to crush other retailers and gain market share. Safari doesn't have that opportunity to subsidize shipping from another income stream. So while I'm frustrated with some of their decisions, I find moving the free shipping threshold the most understandable.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would them having an Amazon store help with that do you think?  I order through Amazon as we have our nonprofit registered through them and can get the tax exemption that way. With Safari I'm pretty sure we were paying tax and now shipping plus no discounts.

Happy Hen has a pretty high free shipping threshold a well and yet I see a lot of people still order from them?

Gwangi

Safari does have an Amazon store but they charge more for their products there and the selection isn't great. For example, the Albertosaurus costs $14.99 on Safari's site vs. $16.99 on Amazon. Still, you can at least track the product, expect it to arrive quickly, and return it without an issue if needed.     

Safari has a 20% Memorial Day sale happening now and I just placed an order through them yesterday. Like I said before, if it weren't for sales like that I probably wouldn't order through Safari at all. They don't provide tracking, always use the same size box, and never use packing material. The free shipping over $50 was good enough for me to overlook those other issues but in less than a year it has now doubled and I doubt I'll ever spend enough in one go to benefit from the free shipping. Things like that, and higher prices in general, will ultimately mean I order from them less. It's just the way it has to be. I want to support small businesses but I have to worry about my own budget first. And yes, I realize that's why Amazon is so successful. I have a threshold when it comes to spending, I've cut a lot of things out of my life over the last few years because I ultimately felt they weren't worth the price anymore. These companies can only push it so far.

I also order from Minizoo. For my last order the shipping came to $13.32. From Australia to the United States. And everything was safely packaged. My order from Safari yesterday cost me $10 and has to travel about 11 hours overland. It will probably take as long to arrive as a Minizoo package from Australia. :P

I'm happy to order from Happy Hen because they're the only company in the U.S. that offers a decent selection of products for all the brands I'm interested in. One of the only companies with a decent selection of CollectA toys.     

Faelrin

Happy Hen and Dejankins are going to be my go to for Safari figures in the future it seems. I really liked the sales, but can't justify spending that much on Safari for free shipping (not gonna pay for it for all the reasons Gwangi listed. They used to be better with that in the past).

Dejankins has quite a number of retired ones I need to pick up at some point too (at least last I checked).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

I really like DeJankin's selection but I live in the one of 4 of the lower 48 that they don't ship to. Luckily avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 has been able to help me out  ;D

SpartanSquat

Weird we are not getting any news for 2024 releases and we are in the mid of 2024. I hope safari will comeback to old format and show the 2024-25 releases at the end of the year like previous years. This format of releasing is not my cup of tea. The differences between pnso or haolongood in the releases are weeks between annoucement and release, this time is months!

suspsy

Just have to continue being patient. It's not like we're starved for new dinosaur toys these days.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: