News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Reptilia on June 15, 2017, 12:16:05 AM
Ok, this is amazing. Looks just as good as the prototype, it is potentially my new favourite Papo figure. Where did you get it?

The Cryolophosaurus has been released in some parts of Germany now.
I bought it from spielzeug-guenstig.de. But it's already sold out there.
You can also order from spielfigurenportal.de.

Concavenator

Look,that's a stunning model.I know ,the pose is quite unnatural,but it's a piece of art!

Reptilia

For me the pose is very interesting, pretty different from standard postures we usually see. Seems like an animal that is studying the situation, like it was walking around and found something that caught its attention. I appreciate Papo for giving us such unconventional figures, like their Baryonyx and Ceratosaurus, to mention a couple more.

Jose S.M.

As I said before, if the pose is scientifically plausible then it's something to praise instead of criticize, because like Reptilia said, it's different and original, so again, it's the pose possible in real life? The sculpt looks nice too.

Shonisaurus

From what I see in size resembles the cryolophosaurus Safari for me is good news will make a good couple with this when I get home.

Reptilia

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 15, 2017, 09:14:55 AM
The Cryolophosaurus has been released in some parts of Germany now.
I bought it from spielzeug-guenstig.de. But it's already sold out there.
You can also order from spielfigurenportal.de.

Thanks!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on June 15, 2017, 01:44:35 PM
For me the pose is very interesting, pretty different from standard postures we usually see. Seems like an animal that is studying the situation, like it was walking around and found something that caught its attention. I appreciate Papo for giving us such unconventional figures, like their Baryonyx and Ceratosaurus, to mention a couple more.

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on June 15, 2017, 02:27:10 PM
As I said before, if the pose is scientifically plausible then it's something to praise instead of criticize, because like Reptilia said, it's different and original, so again, it's the pose possible in real life? The sculpt looks nice too.

I agree with you both.
Its nice to have a "Whats going on?" pose for a carnivore.  ;)

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Neosodon

Unlike some of you, I can't get over the pose - which is a shame because it's such a nice model. The color scheme is one of my favorite ever used on a dinosaur.  The only justifiable reason for the pose I can think of is if it just got clobbered by a sauropod tail. But if cryolphosaurus ever struck that pose in real life it would probably never strike another pose again - except maybe a death pose.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

postsaurischian

Okay - after being angry for two days and at war with Photobucket, I am changing my mind again.
What I wrote here was quite emotional and I regret having said this. By no means will I let that rusty Photobucket thing get
down my Beautiful Dinosaur mix >:(!! Good old forum friend Dr. Andre Brontodocus convinced me to switch to Postimage, which
I did and I have to say it works brilliantly :). I will re-post all my pics, starting with this thread here, page by page. Some pics
are harder to find than others, but I want them all to be back in a few weeks (or months?).
                                                                                As I have said before - I can't stop! Let's get on with it .......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  David Silva 1:6 Velociraptor  (built up & painted by Martin Garratt)
                                  I'm not sure wether to file it under "Creative Beast" or "Beasts of the Mesozoic". I don't know.

attacking the Matt Manit Protoceratops:

RobinGoodfellow

I'm really happy that you don't give up with your wonderful thread.
^-^

Lanthanotus

Woah, they work very well together.. should have used that for the contest :)

Didn't know the BotM are out yet, looks very good. Did Martin fix the raptor or is it still movable?

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the photos, but thanks for re-uploading them all, I quite enjoy your hq images.

ceratopsian

You were entitled to be angry with Photobucket.  I'm thrilled you have decided to carry on and indeed backtrack your old images.  Thank you!

Jose S.M.

I'm really glad you are going to keep up with this thread, thank you. And those pieces are wonderful, lovely paintjob on the Velociraptor.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the encouraging comments!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 01, 2017, 07:39:39 PM
Didn't know the BotM are out yet, looks very good. Did Martin fix the raptor or is it still movable?

The BotM aren't out yet. This is a rigid resin version David has just released as a prequel.

postsaurischian

8)  REBOR  Carnotaurus sastrei

Carnotaurus trio (from left to right):  Papo, Safari Carnegie Collection, REBOR

Kaprosaurus

I really like the blue tongue,dunno why,for me it's the most eyecatching trait of the Carnotaurus. ???

Shonisaurus

The saying of Rebor's carnotaurus does not look exactly right, but on the contrary it is a good figure and makes a very good trio with that of Carnegie and Papo.  8)  :)

On the other hand I like more that coloration that has the figure than the initial of the prototype. But I do like the blue tongue, but not so that the teeth of that creature are mixed with the varnish of the blue paint, but that is how I always say a simple appreciation.

When they have it available http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/ or urzeitshop.de already know where they have a buyer of said figure.

Thanks for the postsaurischan photos are super nice. ;)

AcroSauroTaurus

WOW, that is an awesome Carnotaurus, may not be the most accurate, but definitely a really cool looking figure.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

im so glad that you will continue your beautiful dinosaur mix thread.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Very glad to see that BDM will continue!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: