News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

joossa's Collection

Started by joossa, July 20, 2013, 03:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 24, 2015, 01:18:59 AM
Is it a single-piece cast? If not, could it be that the tail is at least partially constructed of a higher-density material?
Hmm... not sure. I tried to look for seamlines, but can't find any that would suggest it's made up of more than one piece or not.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Some JP fun.

Dr. Sattler can train raptors too!

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Haha having fun with collection is a great time nice collection papo vraptor v1  :o

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Halichoeres

Quote from: ARUL on May 26, 2015, 12:02:52 AM
Haha having fun with collection is a great time nice collection papo vraptor v1  :o
Good eye, ARUL! That's quite a catch, joossa.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

joossa

Thanks, guys. Yup, it's the v1 Papo Raptor. Got it in an Ebay Papo lot along with the Steppe Mammoth and some other Papos last August. I was pretty lucky it arrived in very good condition where the other figures where less than ideal. You can say I bought the lot just for the Raptor since that was the main motivation/selling point.

Anyway, got the other two skulls in the mail earlier this week, which completes my set of three Jurassic crested theropods: Monolophosaurus, Dilophosaurus, and Cryolophosaurus.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Spotlight: Papo Spinosaurus, 2007

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

Gorgeous. One of the most majestic Papos in my opinion. Your photos certainly capture the grandeur of the Spino. Unfortunately, it is no match for Rick Grimes.

dinostampede

And to think all this time Rick thought zombies were the worst thing out there. ....

Halichoeres

If Papo Spinosaurus eats a zombie, does it become a zombie Spinosaurus? Unsure of the mechanics of zombie infection in this universe.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

joossa

Thanks, guys. More to come and I'll try to fit in more WD figures too.

I think Eugene mentioned a zombified ankylosaurus going after a diplodocus. So, I guess the real question is, if a herbivorous dino becomes zombified, will it become a cannibal/carnivore?  >:D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Spotlight: Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, 2014
One of my favorites from the WS line. Looks so gentile and nice.  ^-^

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Jetoar

2014, the year of Pachyrhinosaurus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

That Pachyrhinosaurus is the only Doug Watson ceratopsian I need left, I don't know why it's taking me so long! Great pictures, especially the ones with Carl.

joossa

Thanks for your comments, guys! Gwangi, it's a great model. :)

Spotlight: CollectA Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus, 2014

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

I just recently got this one myself! It's a looker, badonkadonk notwithstanding.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice pics, most impressive photography, well done you.

joossa

Thanks! Having a good camera really helps.

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 01, 2015, 07:30:59 PM
I just recently got this one myself! It's a looker, badonkadonk notwithstanding.
I agree. :)  I really like the head sculpt and the individual teeth are fantastic. They don't look like tic-tacs and aren't too sharp.

Got some more sauropods over the last few weeks (some from Halichoeres!) and the top shelf is filling up! One of these will be the next figure in this upcoming weekend's spotlight post. ;)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

Very cool photos!   I'm also happy to see another Walking Dead fan around here!   ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: