News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Arul

Bounce lets vote :D i vote king trex and mosasaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 16, 2015, 12:19:44 PM
:) Time to update the poll.

The new T. rex has been received by the first customers and the Triceratops is said to be released about a month later.

All vote counts have been reset to 0 again.

I'll hold off voting til I have my new Rex in hand..should be Monday! :)

Dobber

Bah! My last payment won't go through till Monday. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by the end of the week.  :'(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dobber

Whoa, I just got an email from sideshow offering early payment and shipping for my T-rex. Hopefully it will go out tonight!

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

Don't feel too bad, some folks already have theirs...

rfdelgado

Do the repaints all count as one vote?  ;D

I have all of them except for the Raptor/proto the rex/trike and that parasaurolophus group coming out of the water. I am not gonna offiically vote until I open my tyrant rex next month, but if I had to get rid of some I don't know what I'd do, because they are all so cool.

If I had to get rid of a few, maybe the carnotaurus and the baby brachio, and maybe the para/croc, but it would be a tough choice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Para herd piece isn't a Dinosauria line issue...even though Sideshow carried it.

Not sure which ones i could do without either...

I did get my new Rex in..will have pics soon. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleogene Pals

Wow, that is magnificent! I need to start saving up!

Dan

Great shot, Chris. That's the first time I've noticed the recession around the gums. Looks like some naughty predator wouldn't let the dino-bird dentists pay a visit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on April 28, 2015, 04:17:31 AM
Wow, that is magnificent! I need to start saving up!

At first I was concerned over the cost/value but it really was worth it. Bigger than the previous Rexes she is pretty massive.  The dead hadrosaur is also quite nice chunk itself.

Here's a pic of my two larger Rexes together now :

I also recreated the concept art from The Lost World" Jurassic Park

Quote from: Dan on April 28, 2015, 04:36:53 AM
Great shot, Chris. That's the first time I've noticed the recession around the gums. Looks like some naughty predator wouldn't let the dino-bird dentists pay a visit.

Thanks bud. She certainly has some " nasty?" lol there around the gums/mouth..I'll have to ask Jorge if that was intentional.

joossa

Fantastic shot of that beautiful animal. Congrats, really! :) Looks like it was worth every penny.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Arul

wow great, what is on the corpse ? baby trex ? is that also include one set with the corpse ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on April 28, 2015, 07:51:02 AM
wow great, what is on the corpse ? baby trex ? is that also include one set with the corpse ?

Yeah that's the little T-Rex Shane made for his Quetz piece, I just bought one to go with my adult Rex by him to show the size difference..he sits really well in the guts of the hadrosaur getting a snack while watching mommy and daddy. lol

Paleogene Pals

It is worth it. The two Sideshow pieces that I have are awesome! I wish they would go ahead and make different critters. The Apato is still my favorite in my collection.

DinoLord

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on April 28, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
I wish they would go ahead and make different critters. The Apato is still my favorite in my collection.

I agree on both counts. I really want to see a Giraffatitan and a Quetzalcoatlus from them!

Dobber

Wow Chris! That looks great! I'd love to see more but I don't use Facebook and it requires a login to view your pictures. I'm so looking forward to Friday when mine arrives! I hope I get a good one. The first one that was shown looked a little off in the face painting. Yours looks fantastic though!

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoLord on April 28, 2015, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: Paleogene Pals on April 28, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
I wish they would go ahead and make different critters. The Apato is still my favorite in my collection.

I agree on both counts. I really want to see a Giraffatitan and a Quetzalcoatlus from them!

Quetz would be pretty sweet..a Giraffatitan though...my wallet just died. lol

Quote from: Dobber on April 28, 2015, 01:52:18 PM
Wow Chris! That looks great! I'd love to see more but I don't use Facebook and it requires a login to view your pictures. I'm so looking forward to Friday when mine arrives! I hope I get a good one. The first one that was shown looked a little off in the face painting. Yours looks fantastic though!

Chris

I thought I fixed the issue by setting it to public..I'll double check to be sure.

Mine was 79/1000 seems that maybe the earlier the piece is the better it looks..or I've heard that theory put out there.   I guess after you've painted your 100th piece or 200th it can get a little tedious..so I get that. Heck if I painted 79 of them I'm not sure how great it would be.. lol  Lighting can also play a part when taking pics.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: