News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on June 12, 2018, 03:12:20 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on June 12, 2018, 03:56:24 AM
I am quite jealous of your Svalbard find! But nice to see some good pictures of it.

I might sell it in the near future.
If i do i'll post about it on here before listing it.

Please do let me know. I'd pay handsomely for it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 12, 2018, 03:56:24 AM
I am quite jealous of your Svalbard find! But nice to see some good pictures of it.
I get it that some veterans of this forum  see the mission of acquiring this item as personal -
due to long time rememberence of a discussion, even since the old forum :
Exclusive Svalbard pliosaur figure

But, I just don't get the appeal or willingness to 'pay handsomely' :
This is obviously a badly made cheap model ordered for a museum souvenir shop :
The museum shop
Don't you think you overprice it just because it took up some 'forum talk' ?

I Do think a model should be judged on its own merits.

BlueKrono

It certainly isn't handsome, but it's been a stickler in my life. I've been after it for many years and I've just never seen one come up for sale. Tbh I have no idea what it would sell for on the open market. But it has a special place in my yearning heart.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 14, 2018, 07:31:16 AM
... But it has a special place in my yearning heart.
Well , That's a beating argument - can't argue with that   :) :) .
After all - we take what makes us happy.

Roselaar

Scored some nice dinosaurs and a bunch of aliens as well:

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Roselaar for your new acquisitions. The baryonyx of Invicta is for me the best baryonyx done to date. On the other hand, the aliens have always been curious to me, I think they are inspired by the tyrannosaurus rex, at least in its jagged mouth. I have seen the saga of Alien and it has some similarity with the Tyrannosaurus of Jurassic Park from my humble point of view.

Libraraptor

Ah, painted Invicta Baryonyx!  Like it very much!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on June 13, 2018, 05:52:12 AM
This little gem arrived in the post today. Smaller than expected but a magnificent Sauropod just the same! CollectA have packed a lot of detail into this impressive little figure - all of its tiny teeth are neatly painted, for instance.

Lucky you! It looks awesome, so glad that it turned out so nice, those toy fair photo did this figure so much injustice! :)
I have one on order and can't wait to get them!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 14, 2018, 07:20:23 PM
This little gem arrived in the post today. Smaller than expected but a magnificent Sauropod just the same! CollectA have packed a lot of detail into this impressive little figure - all of its tiny teeth are neatly painted, for instance.

Lucky you! It looks awesome, so glad that it turned out so nice, those toy fair photo did this figure so much injustice! :)
Indeed they did.  PhilSauria's photo has convinced me not to pass on this when it reaches Everything Dinosaur.

Shonisaurus

Well, the detail of the well sculpted and perfectly painted teeth had not fixed me in the message. For me it's good news, considering that despite being an XL figure is a figure within the medium-small fits for a sauropod.

I understand that seeing brontosaurus in person is much better than promotional and exhibition photos and, moreover, I have verified that the pictures of many figures of dinosaur toys turn out to be better to have them physically. That is a fact to take into account.

I have the conviction that the feathered tyrannosaurus of Collecta 2018 is an outstanding figure and when it is commercialized and I have it in my collections it will be one of my favorite theropod dinosaur figures of this year. The feathered tyrannosaurus rex from Collecta will undoubtedly be among the best figures of the brand along with ceratosaurus, dimetrodon, estemmenosuchus and iguanodon from Collecta.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Ivysaur for your new acquisitions, the caudipteryx of Carnegie is for me a great figure very well modeled and better painted. It reminds me of the paleoartistic works of the great Luis Rey. I'm sorry that you can not stand up. The same thing happens with the utahraptor of Battat. It is second hand and is in perfect condition, but for its misfortune it does not stand up. In my case something had to have the Battat toy sculpture. I see that the same thing happens with the caudipteryx

The odorotitan of Collecta belongs to one of the best figures of the "black" era of Collecta. The spinosaurus of Collecta is another great acquisition, especially when this figure has already been replaced by the new spinosaurus with its new appearance after the last paleontological discoveries.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Ivysaur on June 16, 2018, 10:16:51 AM

The Caudi is not in a great state. I cannot stand on it's own legs anymore, so it rests on it's legs and tail.

Carnegie Caudipteryx cannot stand on two legs from the beginning: it's a "tripod pose" figure.
It was its original pose (like many others Carnegie figures..  :-\  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652801410011 )

:)

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 16, 2018, 01:41:15 PM

Carnegie Caudipteryx cannot stand on two legs from the beginning: it's a "tripod pose" figure.
It was its original pose (like many others Carnegie figures..  :-\  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652801410011 )

:)

My copy stands with its tail about 2 centimeters off the ground. I think it was intended to be bipedal, but its stance was probably designed to allow for an easy tripod when the ankles got weak.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 16, 2018, 07:16:40 PM

My copy stands with its tail about 2 centimeters off the ground. I think it was intended to be bipedal, but its stance was probably designed to allow for an easy tripod when the ankles got weak.

Same here. Mine is perfectly balanced.

Awesome figure.

Dilopho

Alright, I got two new assets  ;):

Velociraptor
Eh, the jumping thing doesn't work too well for me, but I'll see if it gets better. There is a jump, but it's small at the minute.
I'm a big fan of the sculpt! He looks lovely!!

Indoraptor
Oh boy. Oh boy, this is fantastic. The Indoraptor is my favourite part of JW2, he's SO scary. This figure really lives up to him.
The only real flaw I have with him is the face, because his really freaky mouth is purple-ish in the movie, and Here it's mostly black and the tongue is red. His eyes are also different in the movie- They are red in some lighting, but most of the time they're a gorgeous amber colour, like his markings, and reflect heavily in even dim lighting, giving them a glowing look.
Oh, and as you can see, one of his cheeks wasn't properly in the slot. But I've pushed it back into it's hole.

Loon

Haven't posted in this thread in a bit, so I'm gonna unload this here. Mattel's Jurassic World figures have literally emptied my wallet, I'm disgusted with myself.

I'm in love with these things.

Simon

Quote from: Loon on June 19, 2018, 08:47:44 PM
Haven't posted in this thread in a bit, so I'm gonna unload this here. Mattel's Jurassic World figures have literally emptied my wallet, I'm disgusted with myself.
*SNIP*
I'm in love with these things.

Yes, but now you have the most AWESOME shelf on the DTF!!!  ;) ;) ;)

But WAIT! - Where is the Super-Gigantic TREX hiding???  Too big for the shelf?  :-\

Shonisaurus

I also congratulate you on all your acquisitions of Mattel's Jurassic.

Loon

Thanks, as for the super collosal rex, I haven't grabbed any of the non-extreme chompin' rexes yet, I might, but it's pretty huge.

Faelrin

Nice to see everyone's collections growing.

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho Nice pics. Also is your Legacy Velociraptor a bit on the orangey side or more yellowy? I know mine is more orangey on the body.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: