News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 28, 2012, 07:05:16 AM

Tyrannosaurus by Takashi Oda from 2012 Tokyo Dinosaur Kingdom Expo. I really, really like this thing, folks. Sadly, the tail is a little under-muscled, but I really must forgive it on account of its wondrous plumage. Might work up a review, once I get my camera back from the shop; had to use a rental for this shot.

so JEALOUS!!! it's beautiful

Seijun

I like it up until the head.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

Quote from: Seijun on August 28, 2012, 11:20:21 PM
I like it up until the head.

I agree and it is not so much because of the crest for me, just something about the head itself.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am not a huge fan of feathering everything anyways honestly....I like the colors, but for me the legs look far too robust and not long enough for a Tyrannosaurus.  When I went and viewed Ivan, I was stunned by the size of the legs themselves and I do not see that so much here.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

I suppose that feathered rex looks better than my newest addition. It is the JP Tyrannosaurus by Dakin. Now I just need the Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus and Velociraptor.

Blade-of-the-Moon

FINALLY got my Kaiyodo Brachio and Krentz 1/40 Rex :

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2012, 05:24:53 AM

ugh will you take that massive Brachiosaur outside and get a few good pictures please? Please? that is stunning
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 29, 2012, 01:37:17 AM
I suppose that feathered rex looks better than my newest addition. It is the JP Tyrannosaurus by Dakin. Now I just need the Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus and Velociraptor.

I got that Tyrannosaurus as a kid, and for ages it was my only JP-branded toy. Consequently I love the hell out of it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 29, 2012, 06:34:14 AM

ugh will you take that massive Brachiosaur outside and get a few good pictures please? Please? that is stunning

I posted some in my Diorama thread. I will get more as soon as I find a better place to take some. :)

tyrantqueen

The colours on that Brachio are great, they remind me of the painted Invicta Brachio and Diplodocus somewhat :) I like your dragons too.

I like the legs, but I find the face to be ugly. Not a fan of the feathers all that much, considering that we don't have any solid evidence for this species having feathers as of yet :/

Just my opinion, don't jump down my throat, feather fanboys :(

juju1305

OMG!!!!!  :o
This Kaiyodo Brachio is AWESOME!

brontodocus

Congrats, Chris! What an awesomely huge thing the Dinoland Brachiosaurus is! :o 8) It literally dwarfs the Sideshow Apatosaurus.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brontodocus on August 29, 2012, 03:07:26 PM
Congrats, Chris! What an awesomely huge thing the Dinoland Brachiosaurus is! :o 8) It literally dwarfs the Sideshow Apatosaurus.

Thanks !  lol No easy thing to do either mind you ! ;)  I can easily see why this one if not the most sought after Kaiyodo model out there. I feel bad I didn't go for one much sooner..it's just too cool not to have. Looking it over the detail is marvelous..you really get a feel of power from this piece. It's in every muscle and ripple of flesh..the legs look like massive trees supporting it's bulk. I suppose it's how Grant and Ellie felt standing there looking up. ;D

Might need to start saving for Shane's Apato now..I'm curious how it will stand up to this bruiser. ..lol

Takama

My god.   were/how did you get it?  Now i want one real badly

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on August 29, 2012, 06:26:23 PM
My god.   were/how did you get it?  Now i want one real badly

Found it on eBay by sheer luck. You can see more pics of it's awesomeness in my dio thread : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,475.msg17188.html#new

postsaurischian

....... Kaiyodo Brachio .......

:P  You're killing me!

.......  :o  it's obviously even larger than 1:20!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 29, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
....... Kaiyodo Brachio .......

:P  You're killing me!

.......  :o  it's obviously even larger than 1:20!

Sorry ! ;D

I had thought 1/20 myself..but it has to be 1/15 at the least.

brontodocus

Unbelievable, isn't it? :) I'm still dreaming of this one being released as a pre-made, eventually...

Oh, by the way - I've just received this today (with many thanks to you, Helge! :D ):

PinoArt Tyrannosaurus rex skull cardboard model by Katsuyuki Shiga, scale should be around 1/6th or 1/7th. 8)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brontodocus on August 29, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
Unbelievable, isn't it? :) I'm still dreaming of this one being released as a pre-made, eventually...

Oh, by the way - I've just received this today (with many thanks to you, Helge! :D ):

PinoArt Tyrannosaurus rex skull cardboard model by Katsuyuki Shiga, scale should be around 1/6th or 1/7th. 8)

With the Rex and Allo re-releases it's a possibility for sure. I wonder what they will change on it though ?  That's why I went ahead and bought this one. It could alter the look so I don't like it as much ;)

Metallisuchus

You guys are all crazy, I think the head is the best part.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: