News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: juju1305 on September 06, 2012, 09:02:03 PM
This bunch of herbivores came in today  ;D

I'm really impressed with the Favorite figures. They look even better in person.

Good adquisitions. I am thinking to buy the Allosaurus and Plesiosaurus, but the sauropods are cool  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EmperorDinobot

Nice. I have the Brachiosaurus, the Pachycephalosaurus and the Ankylosaurus (Euoplocephalus). Where did you get them at?

Jetoar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 07, 2012, 04:41:14 AM
Nice. I have the Brachiosaurus, the Pachycephalosaurus and the Ankylosaurus (Euoplocephalus). Where did you get them at?

I think that he buys his figures in Ebay  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

juju1305

Quote from: Jetoar on September 07, 2012, 10:33:27 AM

Actually I don't do ebay (unless looking for extremely rare stuff like old starlux and such). I got these from a UK site, Dinosaurtime. They have a wonderful service and they're one of the official Favorite distributors in Europe (though they only have these 7 models left out of the original 16).

Jetoar

Quote from: juju1305 on September 07, 2012, 10:48:00 AM

Actually I don't do ebay (unless looking for extremely rare stuff like old starlux and such). I got these from a UK site, Dinosaurtime. They have a wonderful service and they're one of the official Favorite distributors in Europe (though they only have these 7 models left out of the original 16).

I know this page. It is very good but its shipping cost is too expensive for Spain  :-\

EmperorDinobot

I actually don't like the upcoming ones. I like the old ones better + Spinosaurus, and would like to get them at some point.

juju1305

Quote from: Jetoar on September 07, 2012, 11:05:45 AM
Quote from: juju1305 on September 07, 2012, 10:48:00 AM

I know this page. It is very good but its shipping cost is too expensive for Spain  :-\

Agree, the shipping costs are huge...

juju1305

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 07, 2012, 12:05:55 PM
I actually don't like the upcoming ones. I like the old ones better + Spinosaurus, and would like to get them at some point.

what don't you like about the upcoming ones ? Too cartoonish?

Seijun

Complete Wagner set came in the mail yesterday:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

mmfrankford

Got the cute chubby allosaurus from Krentz. Already painted the little cutie.

postsaurischian

Quote from: mmfrankford on September 08, 2012, 10:40:20 PM
Got the cute chubby allosaurus from Krentz. Already painted the little cutie.

:D  Wonderful!
I also got mine today - it's an excellent & very cute figure.

amargasaurus cazaui

The Garret Oviraptor piece arrived today. I must say it is much nicer in person even than the pictures can hope to suggest. He and Marylin named my piece "Snowey" and it is quite similar to the white one shown in his own thread, however the purples and pastel blues were requested by the buyer...that would be me . So if you do not like those colors, remember when you order your own to have that changed. I feel strongly Martin does himself an injustice with this model by not stating its true size in his thread. This thing is a whopping fourteen inches long and eight inches high and complete, weighs in around five or six pounds. It is not nearly as small as one might think looking at the photos.It is a rather imposing piece for size, and has incredible detail. One thing I wish to get some close-ups of are the arms and front fingers. The feather detail and pose, as well as coloration he used for this area of the model are  quite stunning.Can you tell I like this model?
I borrowed Martin's picture of the one he built for me, until a day early this week when I can take my own outside and perhaps also pose the dinosaur with something for scale , as well as get a few shots of it with the eggs I have.
  If you missed this dinosaur in his thread, give it a look again..it is NICE.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

John

There are some available from Clawmark Toys and the Black Hills Institute of Geological Research,online catalog.You may want to pick up the ones you want soon,because I have a feeling that once the new models start to show up,the originals are going to be hard to find.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 09, 2012, 06:35:14 AM
The Garret Oviraptor piece arrived today. I must say it is much nicer in person even than the pictures can hope to suggest. He and Marylin named my piece "Snowey" and it is quite similar to the white one shown in his own thread, however the purples and pastel blues were requested by the buyer...that would be me . So if you do not like those colors, remember when you order your own to have that changed. I feel strongly Martin does himself an injustice with this model by not stating its true size in his thread. This thing is a whopping fourteen inches long and eight inches high and complete, weighs in around five or six pounds. It is not nearly as small as one might think looking at the photos.It is a rather imposing piece for size, and has incredible detail. One thing I wish to get some close-ups of are the arms and front fingers. The feather detail and pose, as well as coloration he used for this area of the model are  quite stunning.Can you tell I like this model?
I borrowed Martin's picture of the one he built for me, until a day early this week when I can take my own outside and perhaps also pose the dinosaur with something for scale , as well as get a few shots of it with the eggs I have.
  If you missed this dinosaur in his thread, give it a look again..it is NICE.

How much is this piece. I would have to buy one for my story project

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: juju1305 on September 07, 2012, 11:57:21 PM

what don't you like about the upcoming ones ? Too cartoonish?

I have nothing aginst cartoonish dinosaurs (trust me I have a ton), it's just that for some reason these didn't strike a match in me. Some catch my fancy, some just do not.

amargasaurus cazaui

He sells the kit both built or unfinished, whichever you prefer and it is quite reasonable. The thing that is murder is the shipping....it cost more for me to send it here than Martin asked for the model, even built and painted. Still I felt it was a solid purchase, and quite reasonable given the quality, size, and overall appeal. I would suggest messaging him , he is generally quite quick to respond and most considerate.

Here "Snowey" is, complete with the two oviraptor eggs from my collection, the larger a citipati, the smaller an actual oviraptor egg. Coin in picture is a quarter for size compare. To me "Snowey" seems to be eyeing that little lizard saying...go ahead punk, touch one egg. I dare ya !

[attachment msg=18202][/attachment]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Picked up a Chap Mei small Pachycephalosaurus, T-Rex and Amargasaurus, a JP III T-Rex and a Lost World Velociraptor tooth brush holder at a flea market.

I also scored a mint copy of the Sea Monsters movie book at a book fair for four bucks. Haven't seen the show yet, but the book is pretty neat, though primarily aimed at kids.

Jetoar

Hello friends :). Toaday arrive at home my new figures of my collection.

ROTF Leader class Jetfire (finally I have it), WWD Allosaurus and  Hyaenas, Cave bear, Sabertooth tigers, Cave men and Chaman of Playmobil  ^-^.

Libraraptor

I was soo humble today, I only bought small Schleich Sauropelta from 2001 at a flea market, but I WAS busy the weeks before, availing Timmee Toys T.rex, Moschops and Brontosaurus and some Carnegie stuff for example. Fever´s breaking out again!

deanm

I ran across this rather interesting Mammoth figure yesterday. Neat figure as it has two "sides" - one skeletal and the other is "fleshed/furred" - normally I'm just used to seeing either a skeleton or complete recreation.

Stands about 4.5 inches tall (see photo where figure is laying on top of a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper).

Assembles from 11 pieces.

I have a couple extra ones just in case people are interested (see my classified thread)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: