News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Finally got my paws on a Resaurus/Carnage T-Rex.  A bit dusty when I picked it up, but otherwise near-mint. It could've done away with those awkward leg joints though... bunny hands were forgivable.

Bokisaurus

Here is a giant T-rex skeleton that just came in ;D

See the identification thread for more pics, and if you can help identify who produced this figure. It's a cool one despite the size, after all, at $10, it was too good to pass up ;D

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 16, 2012, 12:12:53 AM
Here is a giant T-rex skeleton that just came in ;D

See the identification thread for more pics, and if you can help identify who produced this figure. It's a cool one despite the size, after all, at $10, it was too good to pass up ;D

Hey Boki, I think it's the same as this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-36-T-Rex-Dinosaur-Skeleton-Replica-Model-by-EduScience-50-Piece-Skeleton-/120986548265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2b5c3829

Great deal by the way.

Takama

I got this Euplocephalus (pretending to be Pinicasaurus) at the local Fiesta today.   It was supposed to be a prize item, but i cheated and straight up bought it from the man who ran the game stand>:D

tyrantqueen

I've seen that Pinacosaurus everywhere. It's an extremely common breed of chinasaur.

It's this one right?

The details are actually pretty good for a chinasaur :) How big is it compared to the Papo Ankylosaurus?

It reminds me a bit of this illo by John Sibbick XD

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 16, 2012, 01:58:14 AM
I've seen that Pinacosaurus everywhere. It's an extremely common breed of chinasaur.

It's this one right?

The details are actually pretty good for a chinasaur :) How big is it compared to the Papo Ankylosaurus?

It reminds me a bit of this illo by John Sibbick XD

Defenetly that one. It is indeed also very detailed in person. Almost Papo quality. Though i must say, it could use a completely diffrent head

Ikessauro

It has been a long time since I posted in here any major acquisitions. Here's my latest purchases.
2012 Paposaurs (and mammals.... and marine reptile...)

Some resin models from a local artist.
Carnotaurus

Pycnonemosaurus

Aucasaurus

Sacisaurus

tyrantqueen

Wow, Ikessauro you're really lucky :o Those sculptures are gorgeous.

Gwangi

Those are very beautiful Ikessauro, I especially like the Sacisaurus and Pycnonemosaurus.

I got these two yesterday. The Tyrannosaurus from Takama in a trade and the Vagaceratops at a local craft store. I'm surprised how much I like that Tyrannosaurus (despite its inaccuracies) and am glad to see the teeth are nicely painted. It doesn't have the milk mustache I've seen on some. The vaga is stunning in its level of detail and accuracy. It is standing next to the Carnegie Styracosaurus and just blows it out of the water.

Ikessauro

Thanks guys, the artist will release more species, which I hope to get too. If I do, I'll post some pics in here.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 17, 2012, 01:27:50 AM
Thanks guys, the artist will release more species, which I hope to get too. If I do, I'll post some pics in here.

Are they ones that the rest of us can get?

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on September 17, 2012, 02:14:15 AM

Yeah, I think so. I could get some for you if you like. The guy who sells it does not sell internationally as far as I know, but I could buy from him and send it to you if he's got more in stock. The problem is that they are quite brittle, so I don't know how well they would arrive.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 17, 2012, 02:52:26 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 17, 2012, 02:14:15 AM

Yeah, I think so. I could get some for you if you like. The guy who sells it does not sell internationally as far as I know, but I could buy from him and send it to you if he's got more in stock. The problem is that they are quite brittle, so I don't know how well they would arrive.

I would mostly want a Pycnonemosaurus and Sacisaurus (two more for the Unique Specimens thread?) How much are they?  As for mailing--a large box with lots of crush space on all sides, solid packing with newspaper, and some outer layers of bubble wrap or foam seems to work.  Although sometimes the best-packed stuff still breaks, and the worst-packed stuff survives it all!

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 17, 2012, 12:22:26 AM
It has been a long time since I posted in here any major acquisitions. Here's my latest purchases.
2012 Paposaurs (and mammals.... and marine reptile...)

Some resin models from a local artist.
Carnotaurus

Pycnonemosaurus

Aucasaurus

Sacisaurus

I think that you like it the ablisaurids. They are a beutiful figures, good acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on September 17, 2012, 01:11:40 AM
Those are very beautiful Ikessauro, I especially like the Sacisaurus and Pycnonemosaurus.

I got these two yesterday. The Tyrannosaurus from Takama in a trade and the Vagaceratops at a local craft store. I'm surprised how much I like that Tyrannosaurus (despite its inaccuracies) and am glad to see the teeth are nicely painted. It doesn't have the milk mustache I've seen on some. The vaga is stunning in its level of detail and accuracy. It is standing next to the Carnegie Styracosaurus and just blows it out of the water.

I think the same that you Gwangi. It does not have the milk moustache. I am thinking to buy this Tyrannosaurus. Have you seen this JP Allosaurus in Ebay http://www.ebay.es/itm/Used-Jurassic-Park-Dinosaurs-/251150785038?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a79c0da0e#ht_500wt_1203
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blackdanter

It's taken years to finally find this one!

The incredibly rare 1977 Chivers Jelly premium Inpro set  :)

mnemosaurus

Wow, blackdanter, that's a fine acquisition! Must admit I'm quite jealous! 

I also have some relatively new acquistitions to share. I recently made a trip to Japan, so it makes sense I returned with a few Kaiyodo's and the like  ;). However, I had imagined it would be very easy to buy Kaiyodo dinosaurs - I had this image of shops filled to the brim with all kinds of awesome dinosaur toys - but I was a tiny bit disappointed, because I really had to do some serious shopping around in Tokyo to find them (oh poor me  ;)). Kaiyodo's miniature dinosaurs aren't in production anymore, and therefore they are only to be found in shops with hundreds and thousands of random miniature figures (mostly manga and anime characters), all packed in little bags. When I found out about the 'Kaiyodo Hobby Club' I thought I finally had found THE place, but unfortunately they only had the little figures (and also Dinoland and Expo figures) on display, almost nothing for sale. My conclusion: ebay and other online places are really the best option to get your Japanese dinosaur figures - ain't that a relief!  ;D

Kaiyodo

more Kaiyodo

and some more Kaiyodo

Kaiyodo 2004 Expo Chuanjisaurus

Kaiyodo 2005 Expo 'A T.Rex named Sue'

Figures from the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo: Kaiyodo 'Study Room' figures (unfortunately my favorites were sold out); a vintage Iguanodon made from steel (!?); Kaiyodo 'Study room' Futabasaurus and Nipponites which are sold in vending machines

Kaiyodo Dinoland Dimetrodon

Diverse Japanese companies

Bottlecap figures

My first Coelacanths :)

Mini Safari Diplodocus with a tiny landscape on its back - it's customized by the Japanese artist Maico Akiba (http://maicoakiba.com/solidsekai.html)

And some non-dinosaur figures from vending machines

Himmapaan

lcamiro

Great haul from Japan arrived today!

Kabaya Dinosaur Collection Part I

Kabaya Seismosaurus - grey scheme

Kabaya Dinoworld Collection

Kaiyodo / UHA Collect Club Dsungaripterus & Platybelodon

Kaiyodo Ibis

Kaiyodo Dinosaur Expo 2004 Chuanjiesaurus & Kaiyodo / The Study Room Apatosaurus and TRex

Capcom Dinosaur Expo 2009 TRex (Brown and Green) & Sega Vignetteum Red TRex

Capcom Dinosaur Expo 2009 Gigantoraptor, Mamenchisaurus, Szechuanosaurus, Guanlong & Edmontosaurus

Enough for now.......

Ikessauro

Wow guys, you're really lucky to get those Japanese jewels. It seems to me so difficult to buy from Japan, I never did it and probably never will, since I can't understand anything about those websites. Maybe someone will make a tutorial for us all poor mortals... (hint hint  ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: