News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 28, 2013, 07:51:41 AM
I know I said I wasn't going to purchase this one, but I realised I had next-to-no depictions of basal ceratopsians, so don't step to me ;)

How big is this Yinlong?

amargasaurus cazaui

The model is roughly according to Shapeways.......
cm: 11.18 w x 6.92 d x 14.24 h
in: 4.402 w x 2.724 d x 5.606 h
  If you meant the actual dinosaur, he was supposedly nine feet give or take, total.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

QuoteHow big is this Yinlong?

It's a good size, not too small and not too big. Around 5 inches from nose to tail.

Patrx

It looks great! I wonder how tough it would be to build some quills onto it?

critcho

Carnegie Psittacosaurus, £3.20 from Ebay.

I've wanted this figure for a long time, never hoped to find it in England!

ZoPteryx

Great acquisitons everyone!  And thanks for the kind words Takama, Brontodocus and Yutyrannus! ;D

Here's the highlights of a lot I won on ebay;

Old Safari T. rex, baby Pteranodon, and baby Brachiosaurus; and mysterious Postosuchus (more photos in ID thread) and Triceratops figures. :)

Roselaar

That Triceratops is a definite JP III bootleg. There's tons of them around.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Roselaar on March 30, 2013, 02:54:19 PM
That Triceratops is a definite JP III bootleg. There's tons of them around.
That's what I figured, it's even got battle damage on the other side! :))

tyrantqueen

Just in from Urzeitshop ;D

Everyone's favourite diabolical ceratopsian.

And the Dippy. It was kind of a disappointment to me that this guy wasn't as big (or bigger than) the Jobaria, but oh well.

Just to clarify, his head/upper neck is bent at a weird angle because of the way he was squashed into the packaging :-[ This will be corrected with hot water soon enough.

Takama

amazing models. I cant wait until they come to America

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would have been nice if it had been as big or bigger than the Jobaria. But it looks nice overall I'll still be picking one up..I think it will go well with the Argentinosaurus at least. Which is my favorite CollectA sauropod so far.

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 01, 2013, 03:34:15 PM
Just in from Urzeitshop ;D

Everyone's favourite diabolical ceratopsian.

And the Dippy. It was kind of a disappointment to me that this guy wasn't as big (or bigger than) the Jobaria, but oh well.

Just to clarify, his head/upper neck is bent at a weird angle because of the way he was squashed into the packaging :-[ This will be corrected with hot water soon enough.

I so KNEW you'd beat me on the clock with all those stupid bank holidays in my region ^^
They look really good :)

tyrantqueen

QuoteI so KNEW you'd beat me on the clock with all those stupid bank holidays in my region ^^
Well actually, it was a bank holiday in my country too, but the couriers still delivered it :-\

stoneage

Wild Safari Dimorphodon!

Roselaar

These just in:

Collecta Dippy. Found it at my local Collecta store already, sooner than expected.

Trio of Sega Vignetteum dinosaurs. I already have an Amargasaurus, so that one can go straight to my classifieds.

postsaurischian

Congrats! The SEGA Vignetteum figures are awesome!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had two beauties in the mail today :).
Aaron Doyles 1:15 Shapeways Deinonychus and the black & white Animatales Kitadaniryu
The later I got from Seijun - Thank you so much :D!

radman

Takara Sinoceratops:

This guy makes a nice addition to my 1:72 collection.  ;D

Thundercharge

^ Nice acquisition and a good-looking figure! I like the last pic the most, really evokes that "large animal grazing in a field" feel  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

juju1305

Here's my latest haul

100% CollectA
Deluxe Jobaria: this is one of the best sauropod figures out there. I'm just wondering why it took me so long to get it
Deluxe velociraptor: great figure, though the 1/6 scale puts me off a little bit. It doesn't really fit with any other figure in my collection except Carnegie caudipteryx and microraptor...
Deluxe Deinotherium: great prehistoric mammal
Diabloceratops: just as cool as on the stock picture, though it's crouching a little too much imo
Diplodocus: a gem ! though my figure's neck is bent sideways due to improper packaging and bad transport condition.

amargasaurus cazaui

My shapeways Yinlong arrived today. I had it printed in polished detail. The end of the tail apparently broke during printing, and they sent the model without even telling me. Next Stop, Umf models for a repair and paint up.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: