You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i'd like to have some of those someday
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FUTABA

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2013, 02:37:12 AM
Quote from: FUTABA on August 29, 2013, 11:01:26 PM
On his belly it states he was made by Fast Champ Ind. Ltd. Some Hong Kong based company. He's only a cheapy but he's all rubbery and squidgy and glossy and feels a lot like what I'd imagine a plesiosaur to feel like, odd as it may seem. Can't stop myself from just picking him up and holding him.  :P

I have a large blue one that might be similar..mine's maybe 2' long ?

Sweet! Any pics of it? My one has a blue underbelly.
I really really like blue things.

sauroid

just got these (Carnegie/Wild Safari)

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: FUTABA on August 30, 2013, 07:25:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2013, 02:37:12 AM
Quote from: FUTABA on August 29, 2013, 11:01:26 PM
On his belly it states he was made by Fast Champ Ind. Ltd. Some Hong Kong based company. He's only a cheapy but he's all rubbery and squidgy and glossy and feels a lot like what I'd imagine a plesiosaur to feel like, odd as it may seem. Can't stop myself from just picking him up and holding him.  :P

I have a large blue one that might be similar..mine's maybe 2' long ?

Sweet! Any pics of it? My one has a blue underbelly.

Mine has a blue upper body and white underbelly..I'll try and snap you a pic of it tonight.

Nice Oviraptor sauroid..I like how this guy has two versions..one feathered, one fully feathered...once I found out they were changing it I had rush around trying to find the first one..lol

sauroid

i think they are supposed to be male and female Oviraptors?

FUTABA

I don't think that's official, but it's generally considered to be that way by collectors (myself included, I have both variations and they make for an excellent couple  ^-^ ). The Carnegie Oviraptors really are great.

Thanks in advance Blade.
I really really like blue things.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: FUTABA on August 30, 2013, 11:10:56 PM
I don't think that's official, but it's generally considered to be that way by collectors (myself included, I have both variations and they make for an excellent couple  ^-^ ). The Carnegie Oviraptors really are great.

Thanks in advance Blade.

I never heard that officially myself..but they look like a mated pair when placed together.

I'll get em' up in a bit bud !

Concavenator

I'm very happy now because yesterday I got my first 2013 Figure,(and my most anticipated figure of the year):the Papo Carnotaurus:

The pose is great,the detail is awesome...an amazing sculpt.Firstly it had stability problems but the shop assistant kindly fixed it.Great figure.
Now for the Dimetrodon  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score..but I think you need to get some light in there ! lol

Here's the pics Futaba :

My hands are a bit large so it looks smaller in them..lol I would guesstimate she's about 19" .

Zhuchengotyrant

G'day, mate!
Just got the WS (Wild Safari) Suchomimus. It goes well with the WS Nigersaurus, especially if the Nigersaurus is on it's hind legs- if you can balance it! :) I found away, as Dr.Malcom said "Life will find a way". Anyway, on to the pics:
http://richiethedino.info/suchomimus-gallery/
   8)

Peace out!
-Zhuchengotyrant

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on August 31, 2013, 10:42:43 PM
G'day, mate!
Just got the WS (Wild Safari) Suchomimus. It goes well with the WS Nigersaurus, especially if the Nigersaurus is on it's hind legs- if you can balance it! :) I found away, as Dr.Malcom said "Life will find a way". Anyway, on to the pics:
   8)

Peace out!

At least someone loves that Sucho..I can't even bring myself to call it that.

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 01, 2013, 05:04:46 AM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on August 31, 2013, 10:42:43 PM
G'day, mate!
   8)

Peace out!

At least someone loves that Sucho..I can't even bring myself to call it that.

It's not for everyone, but I like it.

PS-This comment is not related to the suchomimus conversation:

I'm getting the CollectA Ampelosaurus soon. I'll post pictures when it come
-Zhuchengotyrant

Jetoar

Yesterday I arrived to excavate in Madrid and I bought some figures and books two weeks ago  ^-^.

I have found Mojo figures in Fnac stores  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

Quote from: Jetoar on September 01, 2013, 03:38:25 PM
Yesterday I arrived to excavate in Madrid and I bought some figures and books two weeks ago  ^-^.

Wow,amazing acquisitions,friend  ^-^
Hehe,you won't be dissappointed by the Bullyland Spinosaurus and Therizinosurus.I have both ofthem and are really.I got the Papo Carnotaurus two days ago and it's awesome.BTW,your Diplodocus' neck looks like a bit warped...or might it be the camera angle?Very nice acquisitions.And the Mojo figures in the Fnac is pretty strange cuz here in Seville we have Fnac stores,and they don't stock them

Blade-of-the-Moon

Now that's a great haul !

The Diplos neck does tent to  warp a little in packaging ..just heat it a bit and it will stand up straight-er. 

sauroid

whoah great new stuff Jetoar. ;)

Jetoar

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 01, 2013, 03:44:20 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 01, 2013, 03:38:25 PM

Wow,amazing acquisitions,friend  ^-^
Hehe,you won't be dissappointed by the Bullyland Spinosaurus and Therizinosurus.I have both ofthem and are really.I got the Papo Carnotaurus two days ago and it's awesome.BTW,your Diplodocus' neck looks like a bit warped...or might it be the camera angle?Very nice acquisitions.And the Mojo figures in the Fnac is pretty strange cuz here in Seville we have Fnac stores,and they don't stock them

Thanks friend, Bullyland figures are cool and neck of Diplodocus is the angle  ^-^. I found figures of Mojo in Fnacs of madrid: Sanadu and Preciados, I will find this figures in other Fnacs Stores.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Neven Florian

Nice additions Jetoar. Can you show more pictures of the Mojo t rex?  :)

Zelan

I guess this technically doesn't count as a recent acquisition but about a month ago I was going through my old JP figures and found a small unopened cardboard box. Imagine my surprise when I opened it up and found a complete kaiyodo dinotales series 5 set B figures ;D. Turns out my mom saw it somewhere and bought it and gave it to me years ago but I  just forgot about it when I moved.

Here's a group shot of them along with the rest of my kaiyodos:

Nebuloid

I would give anything to "find" a box of kaiyodos laying around !
Ebay here I come...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: