You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteTQ, is the last book worth getting?
Unless you're a fan of John Bindon's art, like I am, probably not. It's not overly comprehensive or detailed to be honest.

Roselaar

Quote from: docronnie on March 31, 2014, 08:46:46 AM
  Need help on all the JP III figures

Aside from the Rex, you've got a Camo-Xtreme Desert Velociraptor (the one from the Desert 2-pack), a JP III Wave 1 Billy Brennan's Pteranodon and a Camo-Xtreme Swamp Spinosaurus (from the Swamp 2-pack) there. Plus a Kaiyodo Coca Cola JP III Spinosaurus skull and a Lost World Series 1 Electronic Chasmosaurus.

docronnie

I truly appreciate your expert opinion, Roselaar!  It saves me time. I did search your JP site and it is very helpful, but not so easy, due to a lot of repaints .... it's a bit time consuming specially for someone like me, who have not collected any JP figures (and dinosaurs as well) in the past.

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Quote from: docronnie on April 01, 2014, 01:40:36 AM
I truly appreciate your expert opinion, Roselaar!  It saves me time. I did search your JP site and it is very helpful, but not so easy, due to a lot of repaints .... it's a bit time consuming specially for someone like me, who have not collected any JP figures (and dinosaurs as well) in the past.

Glad to be of assistance with my disturbingly obsessive passionate JP toy expertise. ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: 0thebigwytec5 on March 28, 2014, 01:58:22 AM
Got a package in the mail today with possibly one of the best items I've ever bought. Just simply beautiful. Built and painted by the talented Martin Garratt.

If I get brave in the spring, I'll take him outside for some dinorama shots :)

1:1 LW Compy

Where do they sell this?

Blade-of-the-Moon

You to buy the kit from myjurassicpark.com and then have Martin paint it up for you.

amargasaurus cazaui

Dennis Nedry might be able to get you one !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

docronnie

A few new ones:

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Libraraptor

My latest haul: Bullyland Europasaurus holgeri (what a neat guy! Most of you know it) and this bunch of figures. I spied Safari Kaprosuchus among them who I wanted to have. Anyone who wants to have that Schleich Allosaur as a gift (just 4 Euro via paypal for international posting and packaging), please PM me - first one will get it :)

postsaurischian

Had to buy the Bullyland Europasaurus :).
I bought all three of Bullyland's 2014 releases :o.
This has never been the case so far.

sauroid

wow. love that Europasaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

These just in, thanks to Everything Dinosaur:

Collecta dead Stegosaurus and Xenoceratops. Poor Stego got mauled good, the Xeno didn't do it.

Bullyland Smilodon and Machairodus. Decent enough, but not great. Some awkward leg positions here.

Bullyland Lambeosaurus. One of Bully's finest figures I'd say. Good to see they finally pay more attention to the paint job of the eyes.

Bullyland Europasaurus. Lovely little Sauropod!

Carnegie T-Rex. Biggest letdown of 2014 so far. Typical tripod pose, lame paint job, no match for the previous Carnegie Rex. What is happening to the once great Carnegie line?!

Wild Safari is surpassing the Carnegie line of late, as these three also show. Wonderful set of dinosaurs!

Libraraptor

Nice acquisitions, everyone! So cool to see that little Europasaurus scores and scores!
I just recently got myself a Safari Kaprosuchus, by the way. Great figure, pictures don´t do it justice!

darth daniel

Got these two last week, now the only out-of-production Carnegie dinosaur left to hunt down is the Plateosaurus and it´s not that hard to find. ^-^
Both figures are quite nice, the Oviraptor is especially great just its eyes don´t look anything like in online photos. It seems they should be gold with a black dot in the middle, on my figure they´re just red. Zombie-Oviraptor... I wonder if I should repaint the eyes...?

Roselaar

That's odd, the eyes on my Oviraptor don't look like that. I'm thinking yours already got its eyes repainted...

tyrantqueen

Could be a painting error, but it's odd that it should be on both sides. I know how to fix it- get a toothpick, dip it in black paint, and then use it to add dots to the eyes :)

darth daniel

Quote from: Roselaar on April 05, 2014, 05:23:45 PM
That's odd, the eyes on my Oviraptor don't look like that. I'm thinking yours already got its eyes repainted...

I doubt that; I bought it from a shop, not ebay, and it still had the info tag around it´s neck so it was new.

Thanks for the tip tyrantqueen, but the tip of the toothpick is too thin so I use the slightly pointed back end of the brush for such things:

Much better... I really like this figure, and it can even stand on two legs without the tip of the tail touching the ground! :)

sauroid

good job darth daniel. and cool new ones Roselaar and darth.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

My Hauls ( First Quarter of the Year ) :
I got an Old Leader and a Dark Prince, a Feathered Tyrant and a free Lizard, aswell as a rather Toothless Finback. ( The latter was still sealed in it's bag. )

Is there a way to slide in the Yutyrannus jaw better than this?

For just 1 Euro and 4 Euros Shipping, I got a lot of 13. I already sold 7 of them, and kept those 6: Invicta ( the only line so far, which I buy used ) Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus and Pteranodon ( anyone got an idea what happened to this fellow? ) aswell as Dino Riders Ankylosaurus and Carnegie Protoceratops.

The true reason for buying the lot was however this: The Invicta Lambeosaurus!

Books: An update, a reprint and and an actual old one.

Half poster, half book, all Ely Kish!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

Great catches! The pictures of the Bully lambeosaurus are much better than the catalog ones, I think I'll buy one as well. A question for you, CityRaptor, was the pteranodon meant to be green or is it just wear? I haven't seen any invicta pteranodons before with green on them.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: