You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 05:03:53 AM
Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2012, 04:11:15 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 03:49:35 AM
And now I have my photo (again, Mastodon, Daeodon, Moropus, Moschops).  All awesome:

Are they supoesd to be to scale with eachother

All figures of his are 1/40 (unless stated otherwise), so yes.  Makes Moschops look huge, huh? Or Mastodons look small.

One of the interesting things about making all of these 1/40 scale figures is being able to compare them all together and see the various sizes of the animals to each other-it is surprising sometimes to see for example how big Moschops or Xiphactinus is to the others. I do research the sizes so they are all correct according to the info I find. It is interesting when sizes change according to the science, like for instance Kronosaurus, which was originally thought to be bigger than they think now- has caused some to question the sizes of some of my pieces. I follow the latest info available when I sculpt the piece.

Metallisuchus

Some Safari stuff I acquired on Saturday @ A.C. Moore...
From L to R: Spinosaurus, Oviraptor w/ nest, Triceratops, & Allosaurus

Metallisuchus

...And here are the extant Safari figures I also picked up.
From L to R: Gray wolf, wolf pup, panda, flamingo, Atlantic puffin, red panda, snow leopard, & snow leopard cub

tyrantqueen

I now have the CollectA Rex  8)

The claws are actually a lot blunter and less detailed than the stock photos, probably for child safety.

I got mine from a seller in Hong Kong (you all know who I'm talking about ::)) Because of the early release, this toy was most likely a prototype or reject sample, because there is a defect in the feet which most likely won't appear in the final toy. The feet are also sculpted differently than the stock photo. It's hard to show in photos, but the foot of my Rex is badly bent and won't stand without the aid of it's plastic support. Let this be a warning  :P

Just in case you guys weren't already sick of seeing the new Schleich Rex ;) ;D

sauroid

wow it's as if the mouth of the new CollectA rex's mouth had been forced open to stick the prey in.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Alas, They failed the king yet again. This time its head     

its Still at a nice size though.   Is the prey removable?

also, to combat the legs, i recommend blowing them with a hair dryer to soften them up so you can reposition them correctly.

Just a little note however, it will take a few trys to get what you disire, but it should work out. I had a dozen figures with similar leg problems that were cured by this method

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't think the mouth looks as bad as the stock photos..but it's nothing truly great either. :/

Lady medusa

I just got in my Kaiyodo parasaurolophus in. I have a kaiyodo iguanadon, dalls porpoise, and oviraptor just ordered. This week i also had a nice reptilian suprise! My ridleys cave racer laid 16 eggs! They are incubating right now  ;D

Wildheart

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 15, 2012, 03:44:40 AM
From L to R: Gray wolf, wolf pup, panda, flamingo, Atlantic puffin, red panda, snow leopard, & snow leopard cub

Great choices!

CityRaptor

Well, I got myself a Chocobo an AAA Gallimimus. While there were like 2 dozens of these in the store, only one of them could actually stand on its two legs. Managed to get that one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

That new Collectarex isn't that bad, it's just the head that looks damn peculiar. 2012 isn't Collecta's best Theropod year it seems.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 04:16:01 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 09, 2012, 03:41:15 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 02:46:24 PM
I'm sorry, Brachio, I haven't got that Schleich human. I do have the Collecta human figure that came with some of their Deluxe figures. I don't know about the size differences between the human figure from both companies though, maybe someone here who owns both of them can help?

They're the same. Or at least close enough.

The miragaia is 1/40 scale from what I can tell YAY, the others I have no clue
Then this should do the trick:

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Wildheart on May 15, 2012, 07:51:31 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 15, 2012, 03:44:40 AM

Great choices!

Thanks Wildheart. My girlfriend went a little overboard on the extant stuff. I just mentioned that I wanted to stop by the store to pick up a figure or two, and sure enough, we spent like $60. She picked out most of the extant stuff, though I wanted the Puffin mainly. There were a few others I wanted, but they had a so/so selection.

Himmapaan

Ah, but you still had a selection at all.  :D There is no Safari to be had here, sadly, at least never in physical shops.

I'm probably the only one to have noticed this, but you have three of the animals from Kung Fu Panda right there. I know, I'm much too obsessed with this film.  :-X

sepp

My Battlebrak's Chirostenotes arrived in the mail today! It's a beautiful sculpt. I've been dying to get my hands on it!
...Though I should have gotten it in white detail instead of white strong and flexible, I don't know what I was thinking! Guess I'll have to get another ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lady medusa on May 15, 2012, 06:15:25 PM
I just got in my Kaiyodo parasaurolophus in. I have a kaiyodo iguanadon, dalls porpoise, and oviraptor just ordered. This week i also had a nice reptilian suprise! My ridleys cave racer laid 16 eggs! They are incubating right now  ;D

Nice ! It's always a great achievement when you can get them to mate and reproduce. I used to mostly breed turtles for re-release when they had become a bit larger. :)

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 15, 2012, 11:46:20 PM
Ah, but you still had a selection at all.  :D There is no Safari to be had here, sadly, at least never in physical shops.

I'm probably the only one to have noticed this, but you have three of the animals from Kung Fu Panda right there. I know, I'm much too obsessed with this film.  :-X

Oh it's not like you can just go anywhere and get those. I came across those by chance a while back. I don't know where you're from (so where ARE you from?), but out here (US - East Coast), there is a chain of hobby-stores called A.C. Moore. My girlfriend made me go for some reason, and I saw that they sold Safari. Otherwise, the only places to get them are more obvious places (museum gift shops, Disney World gift shops, & Dinosaur Land - an outdoor "dino-park" in Virginia).

I did however, order several Safari/Carnegie & Papo figures from an online store formerly called Healthstone.

Lol. I've never seen Kung Fu Panda. My extant interest is very Zoo Tycoon-based though, and I'd really like to find the following: African wild dog, okapi, Thomson's gazelle, scimitar-horned oryx, ring-tailed lemur, secretary bird & gemsbok. Also, a cassowary!

Wildheart

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 16, 2012, 02:13:20 AM
I'd really like to find the following: African wild dog, okapi, Thomson's gazelle, scimitar-horned oryx, ring-tailed lemur, secretary bird & gemsbok. Also, a cassowary!

I recommend:
Safari/Mojo/Colorata/Kaiyodo african wild dog
Bullyland/Papo/Schleich/Safari/Kaiyodo(>3) okapi
Schleich/Nayab gazelle
Harriet's gemsbock
Safari Lemur
Colorata secretary bird

Himmapaan

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 16, 2012, 02:13:20 AMI don't know where you're from (so where ARE you from?)
I forget that the location doesn't show up in the author panel on the left, as it did on V.1. But it's there on the profile itself. I'm from London. :)

Yesterday's haul.

Yes, I'm afraid I indulged considerably. Though the Famemaster puzzles were bought a little while ago; they just serendipitously arrived at the same time as everything else.

I will try to photograph a few individual pieces at some point for my collection thread. The Famemaster owl and beetle are especially lovely.

DinoFan45

Bought the WS inostrancevia, from all places, Kings Island. It's an amusement park, and they had a dinosaur area, with schleich's and safaris in good stock. Will put up pictures soon.
"Life will find a way."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: