You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Lovely new additions everyone! If anyone is still wanting that Tamba sauropod, DeJankins still have some available at a VERY low price, hurry quick! ;)
Got some new additions to my collection, Bullyland's 2014 Europasaurus and Lambeo!
I love the lambeo, it's a nicely sculpted figure and good size,too. It makes a nice companion to CollectA's deluxe Para.
The Europasaurus is a downer, mostly due to how the head is sculpted and painted. It looks crazy to me! ;D But it's nice to have a figure of this very small sauropod.

Happy hunting!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have to agree the Lambeo is the best of the two.  :)

tanystropheus

Lambeo is amazing! It doesn't even look like a Bullyland product...

tanystropheus

Imagine if the Tampa sauropod was not a real dinosaur, but instead some sort of a viral meme/prank. >:D

SpittersForEver

I agree, the lambeo is the better one but if the head was resculpted the other would be okay...

SBell

Finally got my hands on the MojoFun Entelodon, Deinotherium and Bronthotherium (I already had the Hyaenodon) plus the Quagga, thylacine and several other newer modern species.

Mojo has proven to be very good at its prehistoric mammals (and mammals in general). Unlike CollectA, the Mojo ones tend to have a more traditional appearance, which is kind of neat when you put the figures side-by0side.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on May 01, 2014, 01:41:06 PM
Finally got my hands on the MojoFun Entelodon, Deinotherium and Bronthotherium (I already had the Hyaenodon) plus the Quagga, thylacine and several other newer modern species.

Mojo has proven to be very good at its prehistoric mammals (and mammals in general). Unlike CollectA, the Mojo ones tend to have a more traditional appearance, which is kind of neat when you put the figures side-by0side.
Yap, I agree. I do hope they continue with the mammals... its' up to them and CollectA to produce the group.

therizinosaurus

Picked up my 5th Carnegie Protoceratops, which continues to be my favorite figure ever. This one has pretty distinctive paint.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: therizinosaurus on May 03, 2014, 01:58:45 AM
Picked up my 5th Carnegie Protoceratops, which continues to be my favorite figure ever. This one has pretty distinctive paint.
I don't have it yet. So congratulations.

As for me, this are my adquisitions, this time thanks to E.D.

I got my long wished Placerias. Along with them is a Camptosaurus that I bought because the pose.

The Pachyrhinosaurus is a pretty good piece, love the detail, and like the paintwork.

The Dimorphodon is nice, but I feel urgency to repaint it.

The Gryposaurus is a pretty figure. Sadly it shows paint wear in its face.

And the main reason of this purchase: The Brachiosaurus.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

sauroid

are the Placerias hollow or solid?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on May 03, 2014, 04:28:55 PM
are the Placerias hollow or solid?
Sadly, hollow.
Still a unique figure.
But I've thinked that fangs are wrong. But the art is so variable, some depicted it curving fowards others backwards, others straight to the front. Does some of you (entusiasts anatomist) have a good reference?

therizinosaurus

Finally picked up the Safari Cambrian Tube, absolutely love it. Also got unpainted Invicta Glyptodon (yay!), Stegosaurus, Triceratops, and Mammoth (the latter three are for sale).

Dinomike

That Lambeosaurus is ptetty tempting....I still don't own any Bullylands. Good purchases everyone!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

therizinosaurus

Some new goodies--I already had the centipede, but I added the black widow, grasshopper, leaf insect, and luna moth from the Smithsonian line to my collection :)

SpittersForEver

Don't have a picture yet but tyrant queen's sold me a camarasaurus!

Roselaar

Got a Kaiyodo Dino Tales Series 2 Pteraspis from a trade with Dan. Excellent little figure! Superb detail, as always from Kaiyodo.

Megalosaurus

Congratulations to everyone.
;D

Gwangi

Tamba sauropod from DeJankin's. Also got a bunch of new dino/paleo books but they'll be posted in my book thread.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice. It's a rather plain sauropod, but it's a Japanese species so that was a big plus for me in getting one.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2014, 09:33:03 PM
Nice. It's a rather plain sauropod, but it's a Japanese species so that was a big plus for me in getting one.

It is rather plain but nicely sculpted at least. I figured I might as well get it now because I imagine it will only become harder to get in the future. Am I correct in assuming the Tamba sauropod has not been properly named or described yet?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: