You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

Where'd you get the Mojo figures?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Cammy

Here are my latest dinosaur toys, stacked on top of my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball machine. I know they're bootlegs, but I still really liked the look of these cute Chinasaurs and bought three more of them, the Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Brachiosaurus (behind them are the Stegosaurus and Miragaia I got last week).

But what I am most happy about are the two amazing Schleich figures, the Quetzalcoatlus and Pentaceratops! These were both gifts from my best friend who knows how much I love Dinosaurs! The cute little infant dinosaur standing on a base is not made from plastic, but is a little painted statue (the ones that are always broken when you find them on the shelf in Chinese shops). I'm not exactly sure of the species, so if you can identify it I'd really appreciate if you let me know!

triceratops83

It's based on artwork depicting a heterodontosaurus. I have a couple ceratopsians from the same line.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Cammy

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 11, 2015, 06:12:48 AM
It's based on artwork depicting a heterodontosaurus. I have a couple ceratopsians from the same line.

Oh, I see now that it's not an infant but a small adult dinosaur. Thank you so much, I think I found the artwork you're referring to!

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 05, 2015, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on January 05, 2015, 03:57:07 AM
Finally, after three auctions, won this "Mcgrady" Triceratops. I'm assuming CM Studios. Anyone got this or know anything about it?

Photo directly from Ebay page.

It's smaller than his current offerings..but there may have been a time when he sold those early on. You could try emailing Charlie and asking?

I was just reading the old Stone Troll Studios thread, where they were selling Matt Manit kits and I saw this.

Have I scored a Manit kit?

tyrantqueen

They look similar but I don't think so. The Manit kit has a different base. If you look close enough, you can see little differences that set the sculpts apart.

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 11, 2015, 04:40:48 PM
They look similar but I don't think so. The Manit kit has a different base. If you look close enough, you can see little differences that set the sculpts apart.

Ahh, I think I should contact Mr McGrady, then.

SBell

Just got more stuff from Japan to feed my collection addiction (thanks Brett!).

Among other things, a few Capsule Q Museum figures, some Capsule aquarium figures, a few Yujin figures, more of the Takara sharks (another 6-gill! Secret eating goblin shark! Broken peg for a frilled shark...) and some more Kaiyodo Marine Reptiles & Triceratops figures--including 2 of the 'rare' green version. Most of these came from a single bulk lot from YAJ, but the CapsuleQ and Capsule Aquarium ones came directly from Brett (other than the Pitta bird, only my second Kaiyodo bird figure...). The mudskipper was a figure I've tried to find for a reasonable price for a while now.

Several of these are doubles for me, so I will likely be putting them up for sale/trade soon.

The lot also came with some other things--a bunch of Kaiyodo (?) Japanese fighter planes and two odd animals--a put-together salmon (made by Bandai) and an attack turtle...

Fish & Turtle close up:

Turtle action:

Ikessauro

I am looking for the green Kaiyodo Triceratops, if you're willing to sell one of them.

Fofer

very cool Sbell! that is my first bullyland figure! Edaphosaurus

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 12, 2015, 03:41:41 AM
I am looking for the green Kaiyodo Triceratops, if you're willing to sell one of them.

I am! Feel free to PM me. Just so you know, I don't have the paper (but then, they're just generic anyway; if you have one, you have them all).

ignite444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVFcMlL7lxk

Been a while since I have posted anything, heh. I have another vid to post tomorrow with another recent acquisition.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Fofer

ignite444

Dinomike

Very thorough unboxing and a great clip ignite444!  It always surprises me how some of the Carnegis are NOT tripods :) Just got myself the Carnegie Albertosaurus.  I repainted it though - will post it somewhere soon.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Fofer on January 12, 2015, 11:22:42 PM
very cool Sbell! that is my first bullyland figure! Edaphosaurus
Where did you get it? I need one of those as well as some other discontinued Bullylands.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

triceratops83

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 13, 2015, 04:30:11 PM
Where did you get it? I need one of those as well as some other discontinued Bullylands.
Keep an eye on this seller.
http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/e-collectiblez
Lots of Brand new retired Bullyland, Schleich, Safari, AAA.

ignite444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrDls7KqJJo

:) I love this company's models. Though I wish they would put their dinosaurs in more dynamic poses. The straightforward walking pose is so boring.

UK

Grabbed this wonderful bunch of Kaiyodo and kabaya amongst others. There are one or two very desirable figures but rarity in particular.... Can you see it?

Roselaar

Excellent lot! Personally I would say it's all very desirable. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: