You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

the Geoworld mammals are nice but i wish they were less cartoony looking. love that CollectA Plateosaurus, one of my fave collecta figures too.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fofer

docronnie

Congrats everyone! :D

What I hunted from our Baguio vacation:

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ignite444

Oooo I like the sauropod. What species is it, do you know?
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

docronnie

Quote from: ignite444 on January 18, 2015, 08:59:38 PM
Oooo I like the sauropod. What species is it, do you know?

It's a Bandai Supersaurus.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: sauroid on January 17, 2015, 05:36:29 AM
the Geoworld mammals are nice but i wish they were less cartoony looking. love that CollectA Plateosaurus, one of my fave collecta figures too.

Agree on both accounts. 8)

Fofer -- Two very very cool Papo figures. Congrats!

docronnie -- I do like that little Bandai Supersaurus. It would be nice to have him in 1/40 scale. Heck, it would be nice to have ANY sauropod toy figure in a true 1/40 scale! ;)

ignite444

Supersaurus huh? Awesome! Not a fan of the red coloring though. XD
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Therizinosaur

Quote from: docronnie on January 18, 2015, 12:02:08 PM
Congrats everyone! :D

What I hunted from our Baguio vacation:

Oooh! I want one!!!

Dinomike

Ooh! Love that supersaurus! Well who wouldn't with a name like that! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Here are my recent ones. Repainted the Safari Albertosaurus and Cycad.

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Fofer

sauroid

Dinomike: is that the TOMY Tyrannosaurus?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinomike

Quote from: sauroid on January 20, 2015, 11:30:03 AM
Dinomike: is that the TOMY Tyrannosarus?

Yes it is! Quite well made like most Tomy toys. The line includes a Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus and a Triceratops as well. All of them have articulated joints.

sauroid

Quote from: Dinomike on January 20, 2015, 01:31:48 PM

Yes it is! Quite well made like most Tomy toys. The line includes a Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus and a Triceratops as well. All of them have articulated joints.
yes i have the Triceratops (very minimal seam/articulation). they look well sculpted, it's the segmented parts that turn me off. wish they werent articulated.

Dinomike

Quote from: sauroid on January 20, 2015, 03:19:26 PM
Quote from: Dinomike on January 20, 2015, 01:31:48 PM

yes i have the Triceratops (very minimal seam/articulation). they look well sculpted, it's the segmented parts that turn me off. wish they werent articulated.

Same here! I thought the T.rex was the best. I nearly got all of them but the joints were a turn-off for me too. The actual sculpts are very good though!

Takama

Boght this book at a Hospital (of all places)

Lots of species, Little outdated but makes for a quick reference book

kreativtek

My Papo collection is growing! Please say hi to Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon, a lovely couple of extremely well-sculpted dinosaurs.

Dinomike

Quote from: Takama on January 20, 2015, 11:11:03 PM

Are the illustrations inside as good as the cover? Looks wonderful!

sauroid

Quote from: Dinomike on January 21, 2015, 06:03:18 PM
Quote from: Takama on January 20, 2015, 11:11:03 PM

Are the illustrations inside as good as the cover? Looks wonderful!
same question. who provided the interior art?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: