You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: UK on January 13, 2015, 08:51:47 PM
Grabbed this wonderful bunch of Kaiyodo and kabaya amongst others. There are one or two very desirable figures but rarity in particular.... Can you see it?

I see a Siamotyrannus and the Kaiyodo Dod skeleton. The rest is more or less easily findable, but are still nice figures.

Cammy

Just a quick update showing my latest acquisitions, a $3.99 bootleg Giganotosaurus and Scowler the Pachyrhinosaurus from a WWD3D blind pack. This completes my collection of bootleg dinosaurs from this range now, and I'm going to save my money for ordering some decent figures online. In the background I'm playing one of my favourite retro platform-adventure games, Entity. It's an Amiga game about a blonde girl who finds a magic staff and is transported back in time by a wizard to the age of dinosaurs, and her clothes magically transform into silver spandex. It's pretty awesome.

docronnie

Congrats Steve!  Great haul! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

UK

Quote from: docronnie on January 14, 2015, 08:10:41 AM
Congrats Steve!  Great haul! :D

Thanks Doc, the real treasure for me was the very rare Kaiyodo Dodo skeleton.

Hope you and the family are well on the other side of the world.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: UK on January 13, 2015, 08:51:47 PM
Grabbed this wonderful bunch of Kaiyodo and kabaya amongst others. There are one or two very desirable figures but rarity in particular.... Can you see it?
I think is the dodo skeleton.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Meso-Cenozoic

Just received a box today from DeJankins with all the 2015 Safari's in it -- WS & Carnegie! Check off those groups! ;D

I think they all look even better in person, even the Velociraptor! For me, my new favorite now is the Sauropelta. I already knew I loved the Nasutoceratops, and he certainly didn't disappoint when seeing him in person. But the big surprise for me was how minutely detailed and really beautiful the Sauropelta is in person. NO PICS DO IT JUSTICE! The sculpt, the paint, the tiniest little textures, and down to the itty-bitty perfectly painted eyes, you just have to get this figure and hold it in your own hand. I guarantee you will love him!

The Yutyrannus is also a handsome figure in person too. Although, his paint seems a bit thick and softens some of his feathering details a bit. He's the only one that looks just a little better in his prototype pic, but like I said, he's still a very nice looking figure. The Archaeopteryx is another I like better in person. I still think his wings could be a bit longer, but he looks very realistic. And after seeing the Carnegie Velociraptor in person now, I'm beginning to like him a lot better. He's a very slick, smart looking figure, and his paint job is better than other Carnegie figures of recent past. Overall, very happy collector here! ^-^

Fofer

Enjoy Meso-Cenozoic! I want them too.

Pawnosuchus

I agree 100% with Meso. The new Sauropelta is an incredible figure and instantly became one of my favorites. I highly recommend it.

Bokisaurus

Great new additions, for me some Geoworld mammals :)
[]

ignite444

Oooo, nice! Geoworld is definitely better at ancient mammals than dinosaurs. I might try and find me some myself.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

thelordsgym

Yeah those Geoworld Mammals are nice and solid...heavy also...I like the feel of them. Great choice Boki!

SBell

I'll have to get them eventually, when I have a source. That said, not a fan of the boxes--those take ridiculous amounts of space compared to the dinos' resealable bags.

ignite444

Quote from: SBell on January 16, 2015, 01:18:14 AM
I'll have to get them eventually, when I have a source. That said, not a fan of the boxes--those take ridiculous amounts of space compared to the dinos' resealable bags.

Yeah, at least with packages I can hang them on my wall. XD
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

tanystropheus

Quote from: Cammy on January 14, 2015, 03:01:49 AM
Just a quick update showing my latest acquisitions, a $3.99 bootleg Giganotosaurus and Scowler the Pachyrhinosaurus from a WWD3D blind pack. This completes my collection of bootleg dinosaurs from this range now, and I'm going to save my money for ordering some decent figures online. In the background I'm playing one of my favourite retro platform-adventure games, Entity. It's an Amiga game about a blonde girl who finds a magic staff and is transported back in time by a wizard to the age of dinosaurs, and her clothes magically transform into silver spandex. It's pretty awesome.

That game is pretty detailed for something from 1993. I'm surprised that the game features Protoceratops and Rhamphorhynchus

Tallin

My two new additions to the herd: CollectA Plateosaurus and Safari Suchomimus ~

suspsy

Those Geoworld mammals look nice. How I wish the other companies would make more product like this!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Fofer

Love the suchumimus Tallin.

Tallin

Quote from: Fofer on January 16, 2015, 10:02:37 PM
Love the suchumimus Tallin.

Thanks! I'm repainting him very soon - any suggestions for colour scemes?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Tallin on January 16, 2015, 06:42:56 PM
My two new additions to the herd: CollectA Plateosaurus and Safari Suchomimus ~
That Plateosaurus is one of my favorite CollectA models.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dinomike

Quote from: Cammy on January 14, 2015, 03:01:49 AM
..Entity. It's an Amiga game about a blonde girl who finds a magic staff and is transported back in time by a wizard to the age of dinosaurs, and her clothes magically transform into silver spandex. It's pretty awesome.

Teehee! That does indeed sound pretty awesome! Lol!  ;D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: