You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on January 21, 2015, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: Dinomike on January 21, 2015, 06:03:18 PM
Quote from: Takama on January 20, 2015, 11:11:03 PM
Boght this book at a Hospital (of all places)

Are the illustrations inside as good as the cover? Looks wonderful!
same question. who provided the interior art?
Fabio Pastori, by the looks of it.

Takama

there is not many Fully illustrated pictures in the book. Most of the creatures are dipicted in silhouettes

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on January 21, 2015, 07:36:32 PM
there is not many Foley illustrated pictures in the book most of the creatures are just silhouettes
Foley? Who is that?

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 21, 2015, 07:41:41 PM
Quote from: Takama on January 21, 2015, 07:36:32 PM
there is not many Foley illustrated pictures in the book most of the creatures are just silhouettes
Foley? Who is that?

Fully I met.  Fully illustrated pictures. I'm posting this with a phone

EmperorDinobot

Some guy is coming over to trade me some JP merch for some Papos. Unfortunately I cannot keep the Papos. I will sell them, or trade them for smaller dinosaurs like Kaiyodos.

tanystropheus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 21, 2015, 08:56:45 PM
Some guy is coming over to trade me some JP merch for some Papos. Unfortunately I cannot keep the Papos. I will sell them, or trade them for smaller dinosaurs like Kaiyodos.

...but Papos are the best JP merch.... :(

EmperorDinobot

The classics are the best JP merch. Papo and I don't really see eye to eye.

If I REALLY like them, I'll keep them. Dude's coming in 5 mins. If you never hear from me again it's 'coz he set the raptors on me. Fat chance!

DinoLord

Finally got a TLW Parasaurolophus after years of meaning to get one.

kreativtek

Quote from: DinoLord on January 22, 2015, 09:51:53 PM
Finally got a TLW Parasaurolophus after years of meaning to get one.

The plastic one? I am so jealous. Congratulations!

critcho

Been a while since I shared anything here, It's been a pretty good year.

Managed to start and complete my original WWD collection (except the ornithocheirus which I don't really count  :))

A few additions to my Wild Safari collection.

Another collection started and completed - Field Museum

Additions to my Carnegie collection

Dinosaurs of China, really pleased to get the fossil backgrounds as well

Not dinosaurs, but very pleased to get these, particularly both Australopithecus figures

Finally, my favourite acquisitions, completed my Invicta set with the Lambeosaurus at the start of 2014 and managed to get the complete
unpainted set at the end of 2014. The seal is broken and I can't decide whether to remove the clear plastic altogether?

DinoLord

Very solid group of acquisitions critcho!

Roselaar

Seems like you had a pretty good year indeed! Wonderful acquisitions!

laticauda

Looks like a very good year.  Nice Leptoceratops, I've been trying to find a reasonable priced one.

DinoLord

Got a green standing Papo T. rex today. It really is a thing of beauty. It would almost be a shame to send it off to be customization fodder... almost.  >:D

stargatedalek

safari diplodocus
I'm interested in getting some info on this one, the only labeling is "DIPLODOCUS 27 METERS Safari ltd.". No date and it's not a Carnegie.
Spoiler

[close]

Battat Terra nanshiungosaurus
With Target closing down I can safely say I probably purchased the last one in the whole Halifax county. Whether you go for the speculative feather loss or not I can't deny that this a beautiful sculpt and I'm proud to have it.
Spoiler

[close]

laticauda

Actually that looks like the Carnegie diplodocus, there was a 1988 and a 1996 resculpt.  I have one and on mine it says carnegie on the bottom.  Yours looks like a Carnegie though the head looks a little different than the one I have, but that could be from the resculpt, hmmmm. 

Tallin

Just received my bullyland stego and Collecta Argentinosaurus - I love this steg so much and it took me ages to find a model I really liked!

Invicta Hunter

I got a Kokoro apato from Japan today.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: laticauda on January 24, 2015, 05:07:22 AM
Actually that looks like the Carnegie diplodocus, there was a 1988 and a 1996 resculpt.  I have one and on mine it says carnegie on the bottom.  Yours looks like a Carnegie though the head looks a little different than the one I have, but that could be from the resculpt, hmmmm.

It's a Carnegie piece, I'd guess it's a re-tool as it looks a bit slimmer. Hard to guess exactly when it came out but say laticauda is right and it's 96' or later.  I've been comparing variations on the Parasaurolophus for awhile..I have about 5 of them and they are different from sculpt aspects to paint. I almost think every batch made of the older Carnegies have been tweaked in some way.

stargatedalek

Odd that they would have changed the text on the underside to remove Carnegie (and the date), but this seems to be the most likely answer, thanks guys.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: