You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

some oldies
WS Tyrannosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Velociraptor

Carnegie Maiasaura (missing the nest)

Bullyland saber toothed tiger

Monterey Bay Aquarium sawfish
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 28, 2015, 02:44:11 AM
Got an Ebay order today. I bought the Tamiya Parasaurolophus and Chasmosaurus, but instead of the Chasmo, they sent the old triceratops. Not the first time this has happened and I can understand "normal" people not being able to tell the difference between dinos, but surely they can see a difference in the spelling? Triceratops doesn't spell Chasmosaurus or Styracosaurus. Aside from that it they were selling for a good price, around $13, and Tamiya sets can go for a lot higher than that. The Parasaurolophus is absolutely gorgeous.

HAHAHAH I love how you call "Them" "normal". I don't think you should sell dinosaurs if you don't know how to distinguish Triceratops from Chasmosaurus.

triceratops83

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 01, 2015, 01:28:34 AM
HAHAHAH I love how you call "Them" "normal". I don't think you should sell dinosaurs if you don't know how to distinguish Triceratops from Chasmosaurus.

I've actually had this problem before with Styracosaurus. Also, the number of misnamed dinosaurs on Ebay is astounding - Stegosaurus is often named Triceratops. A tip for Ebay users - if you're after a particular genus of dino toy, try using spelling mistakes. You get a lot of results for "triceratop" for instance.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

EmperorDinobot

They should just sell...other stuff. They'd be happier doing that.

John

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 01, 2015, 03:28:59 AM

I've actually had this problem before with Styracosaurus. Also, the number of misnamed dinosaurs on Ebay is astounding - Stegosaurus is often named Triceratops. A tip for Ebay users - if you're after a particular genus of dino toy, try using spelling mistakes. You get a lot of results for "triceratop" for instance.
The Triceratops in that line is almost twice as big as your intended target of Chasmosaurus,so you ended up with something that cost the seller more... :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Dinomike

I'm quite fond of that WS parasaurolophus - resembles the old Battat one.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

I also have seen quite a lot Theropods either named Tyrannosaurus/T-REX or Velociraptor.  Including thoise where the name is printed on their belly.
You also often see them in lots.  Usually you have all the mammals properly named, but the Dinosaurs are just called Dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

kreativtek

That's not the worse I've seen. Only recently I've bought a JP Red Rex, which was labelled as Triceratops. People never cease to surprise me.

triceratops83

Quote from: John on February 01, 2015, 04:59:21 AM
The Triceratops in that line is almost twice as big as your intended target of Chasmosaurus,so you ended up with something that cost the seller more... :)

Nah, not that lucky. I could've posed the newer triceratops differently to the one I already had, but this was the old retro one. I'm just letting my niece paint it, so here comes another bright pink dinosaur....
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: kreativtek on February 01, 2015, 09:11:43 AM

That's not the worse I've seen. Only recently I've bought a JP Red Rex, which was labelled as Triceratops. People never cease to surprise me.
I saw a frilled lizard labelled as a Dilophosaurus. I headdesked.

Meso-Cenozoic

alexeratops

Quote from: Dinomike on February 01, 2015, 08:00:12 AM
Speaking of the WS Para, don't you think that Wild Safari should create more Hadrosaurs? (this question is not just aimed at Dinomike)
like a bantha!

Arul

The searching is finally over !!! Minifigure WWD gorgosaurus. I got this from my 26th blind bag  :P Next mission is custom it :D

triceratops83

Quote from: alexeratops on February 02, 2015, 02:07:23 AM
Speaking of the WS Para, don't you think that Wild Safari should create more Hadrosaurs? (this question is not just aimed at Dinomike)

Definitely, especially considering how popular their Gryposaurus is.

alexeratops

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 02, 2015, 03:09:36 AM

Definitely, especially considering how popular their Gryposaurus is.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. How about a new Corythosaurus! ^-^
like a bantha!

triceratops83

Quote from: alexeratops on February 02, 2015, 03:42:15 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. How about a new Corythosaurus! ^-^

Yeah, either that or Hypacrosaurus. The old Safari Hypacrosaurus is nearly impossible to find.

sauroid

or new and/or obscure ones like their Grypo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Cammy

My recent dinosaur haul:

Got some 3D Blurays of Walking with Dinosaurs 3D and Planet Dinosaur 3D, and the DVD set (no Bluray available) of Terra Nova, which I enjoyed despite it missing out on reaching its potential, because it still had dinosaurs and time travel, and it was filmed just over the hills from where I live! I also got this cute dinosaur card game and two little figures. One is a Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus I think, but is mislabelled as a Tanystropheus. They were only $2 each and I needed my dinosaur fix.

Dinomike

Quote from: Dinomike on February 01, 2015, 08:00:12 AM

Absolutely! A Lambeosaurus or an Edmontosaurus with the recently found comb on its head would be pretty sweet! Maybe we ought to start a petition? I just received the Sue and Anatotitan set by Doug Watson and it is gorgeous!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Quote from: ARUL on February 02, 2015, 02:10:49 AM
The searching is finally over !!! Minifigure WWD gorgosaurus. I got this from my 26th blind bag  :P Next mission is custom it :D

Congrats! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: