You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Quendrega on February 07, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
Look what I found on eBay at 1 AM the other day!! She was really cheap, too: $10 plus shipping. Sometimes, not going to bed on time pays off!

Presenting the Carnegie Apatosaurus 1988 in her original colors:

]

I don't think I've ever seen the original figure in person. And it looks to be in good condition too. Congrats!

sauroid

just got these (some are duplicates)
Favorite Co. Triceratops

Kaiyodo Kosmoceratops

chinasaur baby Spino (by Toy Major) and a very red Protoceratops

chinasaur Spinosaurus and a quite well made Triceratops (my second one)

Kaiyodo dino tales T. rex and Spinosaurus guffawing at some silly Jurassic Park joke

Kaiyodo dino tales Oviraptor hens gossiping while tending to their chicks

Kaiyodo dino tales Coelophysis

Kaiyodo dino tales Protoceratops (2 color var.)

Kaiyodo dino tales Triceratops (2 color var.)

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Those two Oviraptors REALLY do look like they are gossiping while shopping.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on February 09, 2015, 12:56:21 PM
just got these (some are duplicates)
Kaiyodo dino tales Triceratops (2 color var.)

I thought something looked odd--one of your trikes has a mismatched head!

The brown head should be on a brownish/purple-ish body, as the second variation:

I originally got mine from a sealed package, so I know that it is correct. Or it could be that your photo is playing tricks with lighting, since Kaiyodo paint can be pretty variable.

sauroid

yeah theyre from sealed bags too, i think it's the lighting because the body of that trike is purplish like yours (while the other variant with yellow ridges has burgundy-ish body)
here's another pic (sorry it's not very clear and i think it's the natural lighting that made it look bluish)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 09, 2015, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: Quendrega on February 07, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
Look what I found on eBay at 1 AM the other day!! She was really cheap, too: $10 plus shipping. Sometimes, not going to bed on time pays off!

Presenting the Carnegie Apatosaurus 1988 in her original colors:

]

I don't think I've ever seen the original figure in person. And it looks to be in good condition too. Congrats!

I almost went for her myself..but the shipping for me was around 30.00..that was a bit much i thought.

EmperorDinobot

Finally had time to go and take pictures

I spent $0 on all of them.

I wanna keep the Papo dinosaurs, but finding a place for them is going to be tough.

I would let them go for $200 shipped. It's a lot, but I'm also in dire straits.

Otherwise I'm keeping them.

Does anyone know about shelves you can stick on the sides of book-cases or something like that? I'm going to need something like that, since I have no space for bookcases.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol the human figure with the junior Rex..looks like he's wearing boxer shorts or something..and matching blue socks too.. ;D

You can get "L" brackets at Lowes and some 1x6x8 board and cut some shelves and mount them pretty easily.

RobinGoodfellow

Dinomike

@RobinGoodFellows: who made that Raptor and and the Iguanodon? Great new models everyone and that new Sleich Kentro really looks great!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DinoLord

The raptor is the Geoworld Troodon and the Iguanodon is part of the NHM line.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

Wow is that Minmi? I need one!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 11, 2015, 01:44:22 AM

Yes. That is Minmi from Collecta.    :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dinomike on February 10, 2015, 09:46:41 PM
@RobinGoodFellows: who made that Raptor and and the Iguanodon? Great new models everyone and that new Sleich Kentro really looks great!

Troodon from Geoworld and Iguanodon from Natural History Museum London.  ;)

Nebuloid

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 11, 2015, 06:05:31 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 11, 2015, 01:44:22 AM

Yes. That is Minmi from Collecta.    :)

Nice ! I also have one coming my way . ;)

triceratops83

Got this parcel from the Natural History Museum today. Only ordered it a week ago, and it often takes a week for mail from my own state to get here. Surprising how stuff from the other side of the planet can arrive so promptly. I guess because it comes by plane, maybe?

Ordering from the Museum Website is a bit tricky - I signed up a while back to get the Toyway Triceratops, and they seem to have lost my details, and when I re-entered them to make this order, it immediately lost them again, so I ended up checking out as a guest. I was after the Corythosaurus, and it only comes in a two pack with the Carnotaurus, which actually has a lot of personality for a little inaccurate figure, I might use it in some dioramas. The Para Skeleton is made from a weird material, not the usual plastic but something that feels similar to Shapeways.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

wow i want want that NHM Iguanodon and Corythosaurus!

Nebuloid

Wanted to wait for the new CollectA releases to have a nice big box to open. But just couldn't wait to get the new Safaris already !

Escpecially love these three, nice and "crispy" :

triceratops83

Nice haul! And good thing you got that Safari Edmontosaurus - it's starting to get hard to find.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: