You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Beautiful acquisitions, Jetoar! :)

Congrats Megalosaurus! :)

Congrats Sauroid on the Scientific American magazine!  Been looking to snag one since last year.  :)

My latest:

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Moschops

Bullyland Dinosaur Surprise Eggs Parasaurolophus (this is one looks like a Chinasaur, well it is, it's made in China)

Kaiyodo Coca Cola Jurassic Park III Velociraptor Male

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Meso-Cenozoic

Yes, congrats again all! Jetoar, I also like that little Diplodocus? They look like they might be small. About how big are they?

triceratops83, are they going to correct your eBay order and send you a Chasmosaurus? That's the next Tamiya I'd like to get, and their prices sound great (if I can be sure I'd get a Chasmosaurus that is). It will only be my second Tamiya model, since recently acquiring their fantastic Brachiosaurus. I've been slow getting them too over the years because of their usually higher asking prices.

sauroid

[Congrats Sauroid on the Scientific American magazine!  Been looking to snag one since last year.  :)]

you can get a copy via Ebay, it is relatively new so wont be hard to locate one.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 28, 2015, 08:51:25 AM
Yes, congrats again all! Jetoar, I also like that little Diplodocus? They look like they might be small. About how big are they?

triceratops83, are they going to correct your eBay order and send you a Chasmosaurus? That's the next Tamiya I'd like to get, and their prices sound great (if I can be sure I'd get a Chasmosaurus that is). It will only be my second Tamiya model, since recently acquiring their fantastic Brachiosaurus. I've been slow getting them too over the years because of their usually higher asking prices.

For the price I won't bother trying to send it back, and I can make use of what I received one way or another. I might just try again from the next best seller. For the price though, I'd recommend you try anyway. Bit of a gamble, but really, it always is.

You're talking about Tokyo-Hobby, right?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

just picked up a large box from customs today (so excited to unpack)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 28, 2015, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 28, 2015, 08:51:25 AM

For the price I won't bother trying to send it back, and I can make use of what I received one way or another. I might just try again from the next best seller. For the price though, I'd recommend you try anyway. Bit of a gamble, but really, it always is.

You're talking about Tokyo-Hobby, right?

Oh right. Haha! I forgot to ask who the seller was so I could look them up, since you didn't mention their name on your original post. $13 is a VERY good price! I'm used to seeing at least twice that. If I do get one from them, I might include a note on the PayPal payment to make sure they double check that it is a Chasmosaurus. ;)

critcho

Whoa! I didn't know there are pain-it-yourself Invictas! How cool is that? Are you going to paint them? :D

I can't bring myself to take them out of the plastic at the moment and I am no painter so will keep them as they are.

Dinosaurana

Just picked up the last two Battats I needed to complete the new releases, Pachyrhinosaurus and Crylophosaurus. I must say that I'm impressed with the Crylophosaurus. It's not in a tripod stance, and is fairly stable.

triceratops83

Shapeways Geene models Triceratops family in WSF. Tried to print it in transparent detail, but wouldn't work.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Alexxitator

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 29, 2015, 02:26:03 AM
Shapeways Geene models Triceratops family in WSF. Tried to print it in transparent detail, but wouldn't work.

The detail in your photo, or mybe lack thereof gives it a stunning impression of a family walking in a sandstorm. I see very nice possibilities here  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Blade-of-the-Moon

Snow storm? 

Mommy Trike says " If you kids don't hurry up your dad will be all  over you like white on an albino triceratops in a snow...storm. realizes how funny that is, laughs to herself while the youngsters stare at her oddly. Not sure whether to be afraid..or VERY afraid. "  lol

triceratops83

It's really small. You could put the Krentz Triceratops in there as a larger male.

RobinGoodfellow

Hello,   :)
I'm a collector from Italy. I hope you'll enjoy some pictures from my recent acquisitions:

MASTER FOSSIL  T-REX

RAVENSBURGER Tiptoi Spinosaurus

GEOWORLD Mammals

SCHLEICH

Roselaar

Some excellent models! The Master Fossil T-Rex is fabulous. Too bad I've missed out on it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think I saw the Master Fossil Rex on ebay recently.

I did notice they removed their ongoing ad in PT with this newest issue..I guess that feathered Velociraptor won't seeing the light of day after all. :/

Takama

Maybe Rebor Scared them off

RobinGoodfellow

Thank you Roselaar.   ^-^
I found the Master Fossil Rex in a comic shop here in Italy.
It was the last one they had.
Some japan shops on Ebay have this model.
Also Dinosaurtime from UK (  http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/Replica-Dinosaur-Models/Master-Fossil/1983-Tyrannosaurus-Rex.html ).
I don't like this uk resellers because he messed up with my orders.

Now I've been waiting for an X-Plus Albertosaurus from an USA shop.
Probably it will be in my hand next week..

Bye    :)

Jetoar

Lovely acquisitions, I am waiting a great haul of  Safari figure with beautiful figures as Camarasaurus and Miragaia
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

CityRaptor

Rebor here, Rebor there. It gets annoying how much people overesteminate them.
( It should be noted that this is not generally against REBOR, just against claims like the above )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: