You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

AAA made a lot of great looking figures, so untypical for a chinese brand. too bad their best ones are so out of scale with the major brands' figures (oversized).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 21, 2015, 05:06:39 AM
Indeed it is AAA. It's one of the more uncommon ones I guess.
Quote from: sauroid on February 21, 2015, 05:19:26 AM
AAA made a lot of great looking figures, so untypical for a chinese brand. too bad their best ones are so out of scale with the major brands' figures (oversized).

Thanks guys! Although I'm familiar to some degree with their prehistoric animals, I don't know a lot about their extant creatures. That owl is stunning! I especially love the way the feathers are done on the wings. :)

ignite444

Yeah, I love the owls I got from tyrantqueen. They sit next to me on my computer desk. The detail in the snowy owl is amazing, especially the feathers. Only issue with it is the body seems out of proportion; the wings seem way too big for its body. Still a charming figure though.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

EmperorDinobot

My latest

I kinda wanna keep 'em, but I kinda do not. I'm in USA, so USA, let me know if you want the WWD Utahraptor. The other one is a Safari big Velociraptor, yes? I want them, but I have no space for them.

PM for offers, $35 and more for the WWD Utah for American buyers. If no, I'm keeping it, though it will not know where to roam. Space is gone. The claw, no idea what that is, want it gone, too.

I wanna keep them....so bad...but...I've reached critical mass... No space, not even for all the new dinos I posted a few pages back. They are sitting on the living room, waiting for placement. Sooo embarrassing to leave dinos everywhere... help me out with these two! I don't have any WWD dinos except for the newer ones, but the old ones? I have just pirated copies of Polacanthus...or was it Gastonia? Don't remember WWD very much ATM.

Dinomike

Too bad I already have a WWD utahraptor - the repainted Safari one looks interesting!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

I thought he was all black. After looking at the picture I can appreciate the blue sheen it has.  It is a very interesting model, really. I had never seen them in the wild.

docronnie

Continuation:

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Acrocanthosaurus Skeleton No. 058 – 2002 (?)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Official Fanbook Acrocanthosaurus Skeleton No. 058 – 2002 (?}

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Official Fanbook Acrocanthosaurus Skeleton No. 058 – 2002 (?} - Repaired Tail

2 different Acro Skeletons ... I don't know which one belongs to which.

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Acrocanthosaurus No. 057 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Allosaurus Skeleton No. 026 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Plesiosaurus Skeleton No. 052 - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Tyrannosaurus skull No. 024a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Triceratops Skeleton No. 004a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 Plateosaurus No. 090b – 2004

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Mammuthus primigenius No. 020a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Rutiodon No. 062 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Pteraspis N0. 042 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Australopithecus boisei No. 040 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Hallucigenia No. 068 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Rayonnoceras N0. 044 - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Eurypterus N0. 045 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Pleurocystites No. 060 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Hemicyclaspis No. 059 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Bothriolepis No. 016a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Psychopage No. 021a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Opabinia No. 022a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Anomalocaris N0. 046 – 2001

All the other Kaiyodo Dinotales I got were duplicates .... will not post them anymore.

To be continued .....
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Wow, that's a nice lot of Kaiyodosaurs. :)

Dinomike

Wow Docronnie! What a great set of Kaiyodos!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

docronnie

Thanks  Roselaar and  Dinomike!

There were 64 different Kaiyodosaurs,  with 3 .broken pieces, tails of the Acro skeleton and Stegosaurus, and a detached femur of a Tyrannosaurus skeleton. Only posted the pics of the ones I don't have yet, but I also took photos of the duplicates, which you can view on my photobucket. :D

Arul

Nice i love kaiyodo sealife  ^-^

docronnie

Thanks Arul! :D

Here's the rest, Favorites :

TFL! :D

Fofer

impresive docronnie!

I got this guy  today, 10 €

docronnie

Beautiful Schleich figure, Fofer! Congrats! :D

Tallin

Argh, I REALLY want to start collecting Dinotales, but am not sure where the best place to start is living in the UK...

Here are my new herd members. Considering it was from their 2008 collection, the CollectA Lexovisaurus was much nicer than I thought it might be! The Miragaia is nice too, maybe a little over-textured though! I love the Safari Nigersaurus so much I want a whole herd of them haha! Sadly mine arrived with some of its spiny ridge broken, but I'll just put some paint on it so it blends in and say they were lost in battle. ;)

UK

Quote from: Tallin on February 24, 2015, 01:32:40 PM
Argh, I REALLY want to start collecting Dinotales, but am not sure where the best place to start is living in the UK...

Here are my new herd members. Considering it was from their 2008 collection, the CollectA Lexovisaurus was much nicer than I thought it might be! The Miragaia is nice too, maybe a little over-textured though! I love the Safari Nigersaurus so much I want a whole herd of them haha! Sadly mine arrived with some of its spiny ridge broken, but I'll just put some paint on it so it blends in and say they were lost in battle. ;)

Nice figures Tallin.

I am also in the UK, sunny Poole. I will have dinotales for sale in. Month or so when I finally move house and can get to my stored figures. Which ones are you after?

Tallin

To be honest I'm not sure, they're all lovely figures and I've only recently considered collecting them since I don't have a huge amount of money to splash being on a student budget haha. From looking at them for a while, I particularly like the suchomimus, orange coelophysis, plateosaurus, carnotaurus and some of the sauropods, but that's just from what I've seen so far. :)

SBell

Quote from: Tallin on February 24, 2015, 10:11:57 PM
To be honest I'm not sure, they're all lovely figures and I've only recently considered collecting them since I don't have a huge amount of money to splash being on a student budget haha. From looking at them for a while, I particularly like the suchomimus, orange coelophysis, plateosaurus, carnotaurus and some of the sauropods, but that's just from what I've seen so far. :)

You might as well go all in and get full sets when you can, or it'll drive you crazy hunting down the last couple ones in each series!

But at least you don't always need every paint variation!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Older Schleich "Retro" Apatosaurus..there is nothing like a nice "hefty" dinosaur figure..especially when it comes to sauropods. This girl has some awesome weight...woe to any child that bullied the kid that wielded this figure! lol

sepp

I was in Tennessee for a week visiting my husband on his job site, and in a little antique shop I found a still-in-its-plastic-bag Tyco Styracosaurus :) The horns had poked through the plastic and were worn of paint but it's technically still new! Haha. $4!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: