You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Nice beastwars haul Jetoar!

Jetoar

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 06, 2015, 12:04:13 AM
Nice beastwars haul Jetoar!

Thanks partner, even with Archadis, the Archeopteryx  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

joossa

Finally, this guy arrived today in the mail from the UK. I love the plates on him. <3

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Quote from: joossa on April 07, 2015, 04:50:52 AM
Finally, this guy arrived today in the mail from the UK. I love the plates on him. <3

I'm always hesitating with this Stego - I like the looks and coloring of it but never get around to buying it for some reason. Great hauls everyone!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Cammy

Earlier this year I got a Patchi the Pachyrhinosaurus plushie for Valentine's Day, and this weekend for my birthday I got a VIP ticket to see the Walking With Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular! So as well as seeing this amazing show, I got a super show program with beautiful full-colour photos from the show throughout it, as well as Brachiosaurus and Torosaurus plushies and an articulated Brachiosaurus toy, all exclusively available only to people who went and saw the show. I also got another 3D BluRay for my birthday, The Dino King (AKA Speckles the Tarbosaurus).

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: joossa on April 07, 2015, 04:50:52 AM

I like the Bully Stego too.
On my opinion the Safari Stego is the best one (even if too small...).
But the Bully one is gorgeous  ;D

Roselaar

Quote from: Cammy on April 07, 2015, 07:14:22 AM
Earlier this year I got a Patchi the Pachyrhinosaurus plushie for Valentine's Day, and this weekend for my birthday I got a VIP ticket to see the Walking With Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular! So as well as seeing this amazing show, I got a super show program with beautiful full-colour photos from the show throughout it, as well as Brachiosaurus and Torosaurus plushies and an articulated Brachiosaurus toy, all exclusively available only to people who went and saw the show. I also got another 3D BluRay for my birthday, The Dino King (AKA Speckles the Tarbosaurus).

I heard about the WWD Live Show Exclusive Brachiosaurus figure, but I've never seen it in the flesh (it was not available when the show hit my country). Could you post a close-up or two of that figure, please? :)

EmperorDinobot

They came to Portland the other day. I should have gone to WWD live. It's just I tend to associate it with some extremely bad memories... I should have gone if only for the merchandise.

Speaking of which, I just got...

A ton of stuff.

It's ridiculous the amount of stuff I got. I'm almost ashamed (because I have no space). I'll post pics once they are all here.

Roselaar

Got this lot in the mail, courtesy of a good friend of mine. I knew some of them were coming my way, but most of them were quite a surprise:

The JP stickers and Dinosaur King Series 2 figures I did not expect. Very neat figures, and very interesting species.

Close-up of the DK figures.

Dinomike

I like that Acrocanthosaurus! Great Jurassic Park stuff too!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Wow cool little figure  :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Daspletodave

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 02, 2015, 05:27:29 PM
QuoteI regret selling mine......a lot  :(

Do you know any info about the black variants, were they museum exclusives?
Also my one has different packaging compared to the ones pictured, it also has 1500 black edition written on the front. Does this mean there was only 1500 made of the black variants?

The 1500 is the PRICE in Japanese yen. The current T-Rex sells for 972 yen, while the current Trike sells for 1026 yen. I guess they jacked the price for the black "limited edition" T-Rex.
FYI on all the original 2004 Favorite dinos the backs of the packaging all listed a black T-Rex.

joossa

Roselaar, awesome stuff. Love the stickers.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Daspletodave

Just thought I would share this      From the Favorite website - a "new" paint job for T-Rex and Triceratops.  These were from 2012 or 2013, and are no longer available. They even came in a special collector display case. 

tanystropheus

While the Triceratops appears somewhat 'geographical', I am really digging the T-rex  :)
Also, nice display cases.

Dinomike

Ooh! I'm also drooling for that  T.rex and the case! Probably  o chance of ever obtaining one though:(

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 09, 2015, 07:57:36 PM
While the Triceratops appears somewhat 'geographical', I am really digging the T-rex  :)
Also, nice display cases.

Agreed, I really like the colour scheme they've done there. I'll probably leave it for the serious collectors who look for rare items, though. I tend just to go for readily available stuff.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

deanm

Quote from: Daspletodave on April 09, 2015, 07:54:33 PM
Just thought I would share this      From the Favorite website - a "new" paint job for T-Rex and Triceratops.  These were from 2012 or 2013, and are no longer available. They even came in a special collector display case. 

Alas, my two never ever came with those cases (got them straight from Favorite though). The paint jobs are fantastic on both of them.  I have a hard time deciding which one I like better.

Ikessauro

Quote from: deanm on April 10, 2015, 12:57:28 AM
Quote from: Daspletodave on April 09, 2015, 07:54:33 PM

Alas, my two never ever came with those cases (got them straight from Favorite though). The paint jobs are fantastic on both of them.  I have a hard time deciding which one I like better.

I have the Triceratops, but can't manage to get the T.rex. Got my Triceratops also without the case. Never heard of anybody who had the cases.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: