You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I've had a great Christmas so far, some of my stuff is still in the mail, but once i get it all ill post some pictures. My favorite so far is the Safari Shunosaurus, with the Favorite co. Dunkleosteous in close second.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on December 28, 2015, 10:50:57 PM
Quote from: sauroid on December 28, 2015, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 28, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: sauroid on December 28, 2015, 09:15:18 AM
all my xmas gifts were non-dino related :(
How is that even possible? Don't you obsess over dinosaurs? How can your relatives not know?  :(
i do, they just know that im too picky and they dont want to risk it.  ;D
I don't collect the resin sculptures or the Kayodo(?) dinosaurs, so I generally just make a wishlist on Amazon stocked all of the Papo, Safari, and CollectA dinosaurs I want, and then I share the wishlist for family to see. You could try this if you want, it usually helps.  :)

I've kept and maintained an Amazon wishlist but even though they are told about it no one checks it out but me. :/

Bokisaurus

Nice additions everyone!
Well, Christmas was good!
Safari and CollectA galore! :)
[
More close up and photos in their respective threads if you want more pics and comparison shots.
Cheers!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

sauroid

awesome pics Boki. we were discussing about the new Safari and anticipating their release just recently and now they are already in collectors' hand.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dilopho

My collecta feathered rex came this morning, and his jaw slants to the right (well, to HIS right. To us, it's to the left.)
It's much more noticeable in real life than in the bad photos I took. Is anyone else's like this?

suspsy

Firestreak here doesn't have that issue, no.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on December 30, 2015, 03:48:59 PM
Well, I'm not unhappy. In my mind, Slackjaw and the Papo Running rex were hunting partners, and both got smacked in the jaw by a particularly aggressive ankylosaur, making Slackjaw....get a slack jaw, and the papo rex get messed-up teeth.

PaleoMatt

My rex will be coming next week hopefully.

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on December 30, 2015, 03:59:30 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 30, 2015, 03:48:59 PM
Well, I'm not unhappy. In my mind, Slackjaw and the Papo Running rex were hunting partners, and both got smacked in the jaw by a particularly aggressive ankylosaur, making Slackjaw....get a slack jaw, and the papo rex get messed-up teeth.

I love that name! You've turned a production flaw into a character trait! :D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Dilopho on December 30, 2015, 01:09:56 PM
My collecta feathered rex came this morning, and his jaw slants to the right (well, to HIS right. To us, it's to the left.)
It's much more noticeable in real life than in the bad photos I took. Is anyone else's like this?
I got two and one was kind of like that, if not as bad. I stuck his head in some boiling water, set the jaw, and then ran it under some cold water to fix it; now it seems to be fine.

Shadowknight1

I got my Feathered Rex and deluxe Spino yesterday and I love them.  There's a couple of potential cons though.  The Spino altogether feels like it's made of a much softer plastic than the rex, so I hope that the Oklahoma summer will be kind to him in a few months.  The rex's jaw is very loose compared to Papo and Rebor jaws, so I might take some superglue to it to try and stiffen the joint.

BTW, considering naming the rex Mr. T.  Two reasons for that.  Number one is obvious, he has a mohawk!  Number two, his color scheme reminds me of the Joker, often referred to as Mr. J by his number 1 henchwoman.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

docronnie

Awesome hauls to end the year everyone.  Congrats and a Happy New Year to all of you!  ^-^

Finally had a few figures to end the year (all Triceratops in one day at 2 different places).  Bought also a National Geographic Jan 1993 issue and The Book of Dinosaurs The Natural History Museum Guide 1993 edition for P110.

Schleich Triceratops - 2002 by docronnie, on Flickr

Play Visions Triceratops - 1998 by docronnie, on Flickr

Favorite Dinosaur Soft Model Triceratops - 2004 by docronnie, on Flickr
Finally got one! Not in great shape, but boy, I'm happy!!!   ;)

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

joossa

EmperorDinobot, if you don't mind me asking, what is the Batman on the upper left, the one in the darker packaging?

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Kayakasaurus

That favorite trike looks excellent Docronnie!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

docronnie

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on January 01, 2016, 03:56:44 AM
That favorite trike looks excellent Docronnie!

Yes it does, Kayakasaurus! For some reason, I like it better than the 2012 Favorite. :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Dilopho

Probably not the best place to post this, but just a better photo of my collecta t rex's slack jaw...which is why I named him slackjaw. This is directly underneath, worm eye view. Look at how far the jaw goes to the side!

Bokisaurus

Interesting, my Rex did not have that problem at all. Did it fall?

Anyway, new addition, last from of 2015
Kaiyodo Study Room Apatosaurus - lovely little figure
[

Good dinosaur figures- Just for fun, they are small and super cute :))
[]

SBell

Congrats everyone!

Received a whole pile of stuff to end 2015! Almost everything came from Japan through Brett, except for the Paleo-Creature Pachycrocuta all the way from Spain via Jetoar!

It's very scattered but:

Favorite Megalodon & Archelon
Neko Works Greenland shark and Starry Smooth Hound shark (two of the latter)
Furuta Hypostomus
Kaiyodo ChocoQ Painted Frogfish with associated goby (any idea on the species, for those who have it?)
Kaiyodo Hokkaido Sakehaline tamien
Kaiyodo Deep sea Delafish (on Viperfish base--I seem to get a lot of those with different owners!)
Kaiyodo Paleozoic re-release Eusthenopteron, Bothriolepis, Pterygotus & opabinia
Kaiyodo Sendai Aquarium Wolffish
Nature Technicolor (Science Technicolor) Planarian on strap
22 Yujin Freshwater fishes, from Release I and II; with almost the right number of bases! Fortunately, almost all are doubles--but I did finally track down an elusive Carp figure, plus the gold Carassius auratus langsdorfii. So expect those walkarounds (at the ATF), plus a few comparison shots from various Series I & II that I can now pair up (loach, snakehead, flounder...I think that's them).
And...an empty Colorata Box (Marine Mammals). Because it was there, and I use them to stay organized...

And I still get to put everything together! Although I may leave some of the Yujins bagged in case other people might be looking--once I know what's there!

I also received the Jurassic World Blu-Ray box with T.rex and I.rex models (not pictured). Good models for a so-so movie.

Jetoar

Really and greatfully haul Sbell. I am really happy that your hyena has arrived safe  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: