You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Wow, that's a great X-Mas haul there! Love the Battats! I bet that 2009 Rex wasn't cheap...

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Roselaar on December 25, 2015, 09:02:53 PM
Wow, that's a great X-Mas haul there! Love the Battats! I bet that 2009 Rex wasn't cheap...

Spared no expense, of course!

CityRaptor

Not an X-Mas haul, just what I got since last posting a haul here:

Urzeitshop has a sale on various products. Decided to get myself some "normal" Favorites through that.

Softmodels are now sold out, but they still have stands...

Yujin Carnotaurus and Giganotosaurus, WS Leptoceratops

The Leptoceratops is from Urzeitshop, too, I just did not want have it completely overshadowed by the Favorites...
The Giganotosaurus reminds me of Beast Wars Megatron, yeeeeeeesssss!

Normally I don't buy used figures, but this lot had a figure I was interested in:

It ain't no Papo Brown Running Rex, but still a rare color variant.

Finally some literature

The Box of Books' thickness is exaggerated, half of that is a piece of carrdboard filling in, the books inside are more like samples of the normal ones. They also lack the parts to make Rexy.
This is my first Primeval novel, ironically the last one released.
Getting that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur comic was annoying, as the people in the comic store thought I was refering to Sailor Moon. But it looks like it has potential. Need issue 2...
And a japanese Godzilla CD

Also got two posters ( not actual pics of them )

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Meso-Cenozoic

Great gifts (Xmas or otherwise) everybody!

I see yet one more member found the repainted Battat Para! Believe it or not, I braved the last minute crowds at my Target on Xmas Eve to see if any of the new repaints arrived yet. Alas, no. But they did get a nice new supply of the others. So I'm supposing that the line is still alive and well at my Target and will eventually get in the newest figures.

Great find, CityRaptor! That color-variant Carnegie Apato looks to also be in quite good shape as well! Was that the very first paint app? Or am I wrong in thinking there was still another before that one?

ceratopsian

The postman was uncommonly busy delivering me things before Christmas.  Among them was my first purchase from Jetoar's new Paleo-Creatures line.  I had ordered the Kosmoceratops, to be painted in a slate blue rather than the normal green.  I took her into the garden on a very dull, dismal day.  Here she is with dry toes on her custom stand:

And getting her toes damp striding through our moss (that is, our lawn in a very wet year!)

And finally back in her normal home after her outdoor venture.  She lives with fellow ceratopsians in a rather dark display area - but it's very safe and sturdy where they can't get catastrophically knocked off their perch!

One of the other pre-Christmas arrivals (quite a bit actually, I've just been slow to post) was Mr. Challenger's lovely repaint of the old Carnegie Maiasaura sitting on her eggs (which he posted to this forum).  The package also included his repaint of the Sega Dino King mini Maiasaura figure, painted in the same scheme so that it could stand in as a hatched juvenile.

I need practice with my model photography but if I wait till it's perfect I'll never share anything!

alexeratops

These are my Christmas dinosaur pickups! (sorry about the crummy picture)
CollectA 2013 Diplodocus
CollectA Kosmoceratops
Carnegie 2014 T. rex
CollectA Nasutoceratops
Papo Dimetrodon (one day late but still an X-mas present)
CollectA Icthyovenator
CollectA Ampelosaurus

Now these two I just bought with my own money, and I've got plenty of extra cash lying around from Christmas (almost into those teenage years, so family can't get away with just buying me any dinosaur related thing, so they just give me cash  :P)
Battat Terra Acrocanthosaurus
Battat Terra Euoplocephalus

I am very happy with these prehistoric creatures! I will probably be purchasing the Safari Plesiosuchus and the CollectA feathered Rex/ CollectA deluxe four-legged Spino.

EDIT: I am actually really impressed with the Carnegie Rex. I know it's a tripod, they really nailed the head shape down!
like a bantha!

sauroid

awesome hauls CityRaptor, ceratopsian and Alexeratops. ;)
@alexeratops: expect to get christmas cash gifts into your twenties. at my age, i still get xmas money from elder relatives (to them im still the baby in the family)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on December 28, 2015, 06:01:35 AM
awesome hauls CityRaptor, ceratopsian and Alexeratops. ;)
@alexeratops: expect to get christmas cash gifts into your twenties. at my age, i still get xmas money from elder relatives (to them im still the baby in the family)

For Xmas, I got the Jurassic World Deluxe set with the two statues! Not muy favorite movie, but cool models! Also, some new Shapeways animals!

And I'm in my forties and still get cash (checks) for presents at Christmas. It's just as well, since we had to adult and buy a new oven today...

sauroid

all my xmas gifts were non-dino related :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

alexeratops

Quote from: sauroid on December 28, 2015, 09:15:18 AM
How is that even possible? Don't you obsess over dinosaurs? How can your relatives not know?  :(
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

sauroid

Quote from: alexeratops on December 28, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
How is that even possible? Don't you obsess over dinosaurs? How can your relatives not know?  :(
i do, they just know that im too picky and they dont want to risk it.  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

ceratopsian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 28, 2015, 06:12:55 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 28, 2015, 03:07:23 PM
Same here.

Ditto.

I get socks, gift cards, and shampoo.

My husband, though supportive of my hobbies including dinosaurs, wouldn't dare risk buying me anything hobby related in case it was a duplicate or wrong.  And to be honest, though it would be wonderful to have a surprise, I'd be just so disappointed if it wasn't the "right" surprise!  The chances of it being the "wrong" surprise are sadly very high!

Jetoar

Thanks Ceratopsian to tell this beautiful story about the Kosmoceratops ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Saurox

I got a CollectA Tyrannosaurus Rex, a few fish fossils and two mysterious repaints from toys r us (not the rainbow rex/ raptor) which will be feautred in my reviews as soon as i can get my hands on a new camera.

Dilopho

Quote from: masakira on December 28, 2015, 08:38:23 PM
I got a CollectA Tyrannosaurus Rex, a few fish fossils and two mysterious repaints from toys r us (not the rainbow rex/ raptor) which will be feautred in my reviews as soon as i can get my hands on a new camera.
Feathered? With Prey? Giant? Standard? Baby? Feathered Baby?
Which collecta rex did you get?

alexeratops

Quote from: sauroid on December 28, 2015, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 28, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
i do, they just know that im too picky and they dont want to risk it.  ;D
I don't collect the resin sculptures or the Kayodo(?) dinosaurs, so I generally just make a wishlist on Amazon stocked all of the Papo, Safari, and CollectA dinosaurs I want, and then I share the wishlist for family to see. You could try this if you want, it usually helps.  :)
like a bantha!

PaleoMatt

Takama

Got this book today. It inspires me to make more Dinosaurs for the Animasaurus Collection so i can create a book dedicated to them sort of like this.

Oh and this is a signed copy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: