You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Wow that diorama model is amazing! What talent that dudes got! Makes me want to start repainting dinosaurs again and doing some ooak pieces. Maybe this'll inspire me to do a dinotopia scene!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Tyto_Theropod

So, I finally got round to taking some pictures of this year's Christmas haul!

L-R: Wild Safari Archaeopteryx, Wild Safari coelacanth (most likely Latimeria chalumnia), Wild Safari Nasutoceratops, Wild Safari Yutyrannus, Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, CollectA Kentrosaurus, CollectA standard size Spinosaurus pair. Someone likes their Wild Safari a little much... Though honestly I have mixed feelings at the very least about many of the other companies ATM. Most of these will end up repainted, with the exceptions of the Archaeopteryx, coelacanth and Pachyrhinosaurus. I like the colours on the Yutyrannus, but the paint app is terrible, with bald spots everywhere. Overall, though, I'm very pleased. Archaeopteryx is my favourite. His name is Archimedes (spot the reference... ;))

I'll post more pictures on my collection thread, but I didn't want to image span here.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

RobinGoodfellow

..new year, new models...  ;)

Favorite Desktop Model Stegosaurus  ( ... with Gandalf, also in 1:35 scale )

More pictures in my collection thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg125168;topicseen#new

Have a nice day.  :)

Dinomike

I really like the Kinto Stegosaurus!  Gandalf's pretty cool too! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Archinto

Just got in a nice group of early 90's large dinosaurs off eBay and they are at the post office! Loo the anticipation..... I forget what line they were from but they are truly wild looking and I have fond memories of them and remember how badly I wanted them as a kid! Great colors. I'll post em up tomorrow when I get em! I've got a T. Rex from the same line but can't find the darn thing.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

suspsy

My package from Minizoo finally arrived! Expect to see reviews of the Ankylosaurus, the Mapusaurus, and the Toob in the coming weeks!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

Have you ever thought about a size comparison between a T-Rex and a Great Blue Whale?

Here it is: a real beauty

Kaiyodo Megasofubi Advance Blue Whale ( 1:35 ) + Rebor Rex ( also 1:35 )

..more pictures and info in my collection thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg125382;topicseen#new

See you soon..
:)

UK

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 13, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
Have you ever thought about a size comparison between a T-Rex and a Great Blue Whale?

See you soon..

Stunning comparison.

Thank you for sharing

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: UK on January 14, 2016, 07:14:21 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 13, 2016, 07:26:02 PM

See you soon..

Stunning comparison.

Thank you for sharing

You're welcome. It's my pleasure.  :)

earth108

Kaiyodo blue whale is really impressive  :o
That's an outstanding piece in your collection.

CityRaptor

One can say that there is always a bigger fish.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 14, 2016, 01:31:28 PM
One can say that there is always a bigger fish.
Uhhh....blue whale is not a fish!
And in this case, there really isn't a bigger fish!

CityRaptor

Oh no

Roselaar

Fabulous whale! And in scale with the Rex as well, whaddayaknow!

Halichoeres

Just in from France:

Unfortunately, they were incautiously packaged, so six or seven had pieces break off in transit. Thankfully, none of the dozen or so figures I was after was damaged. Anybody have recommendations for a glue that will hold this brittle old plastic without damaging it?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Resistant adhesives are sticking dentures have to be very careful with them because we have to prevent you from sticking in hand as you well know. But yes they are very effective, to me have been broken by falling endless prehistoric animals and definitely have stuck with these adhesives.

Moreover part are very good also the ultra-resistant adhesives for bonding metals, glasses can also be applied to plastic and resin figures.

stargatedalek

I typically just use basic superglue. The bonds aren't as strong as something like plastic cement or adhesive but it works well on almost any plastic and with minimal risk of damaging the plastic itself. At worst you get an ugly crust of glue stuck to your figure if you over-apply.

Roselaar

Wow, that's a big lot of Starlux! Must have cost you a fair bit, but it definitely seems worth it, I spot some lovely critters! :)

CityRaptor

Yujin Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Therizinosaurus, Kentrosaurus
Bandai Ultimate Monsters Godzilla 2002 Injured Version

Undersea Dinosaur Action Set

Really misleading name since it features sealife from the Ordovician till the Eocene and the only Dinosaurs featured are a pair of Hesperornis ( while the instruction use the word Dinosaur for the animals the actual info text about them never call any of them one expect Herperornis, which is however only refered to as a bird ) As with other books of that type, the more interesting part is ofccourse the diorama that comes with it.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: