You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

I got a Battat Diplodocus early this year. Didn't cost me a kidney, but it did cost me about 15 dinosaurs. Fair is fair.

Paleona

I've gotten some nice things in the past couple weeks! :))

To start, I've finally joined the dark side and upgraded to an iPhone... needed a nice case, so I chose this really awesome Pangea map illustration by Richard Morden: (you can see details of the art here: http://richardmordenillustration.blogspot.com/2011/12/map-of-supercontinent-pangaea.html )

Next, books! The "Animals of Yesterday" has such a charming retro illustration on the cover, I really love it. And the book by Naish is really great; the only issue I have with it, is some of the illustrations are... less than fabulous. >_< It was fun reading the pages dedicated to Deinocheirus, because I felt like I had inside info from the future, haha.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this really qualifies as an "acquisition"? I made a Parasaurolophus plushie using this pattern. ^-^ If I make another, I'd like to make the neck thicker.

Hope you're all having a nice start to the week~

Dinomike

Quote from: Dilopho on June 26, 2016, 04:06:03 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on June 26, 2016, 01:29:03 PM
One would think a Diplodocus would need a larger kidney...

Maybe he's just a kidney collector. He joined a forum called the Kidney Organ Forum, a forum dedicated to the much-loved Kidney Organ Blog, and registered under the name Diplodo.....
...Or maybe that's me in an alternate dimension???

Lol everyone!  ;D ;D ;D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Triceratops77

I got these on ebay the other day. Sadly the tail on the Diplodocus was broken, but I might be able to salvage it with some super glue. Good enough I guess for display.. The other 2 cleaned up nicely.

RobinGoodfellow

...some news at the end of June..

More pictures on my collection thread soon...

:)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Paleona on June 27, 2016, 10:41:55 PM

Lastly, I'm not sure if this really qualifies as an "acquisition"? I made a Parasaurolophus plushie using this pattern. ^-^ If I make another, I'd like to make the neck thicker.

Hope you're all having a nice start to the week~

That plushie is so cute! I love it   :))
My last acquisition was the Carnegie collection Amargasaurus. I think is one of my favorite models, i find it very graceful.

CityRaptor

Things I got in June.

Got 18 PT Magazines from eBay, including the most current issue and some no longer sold as back issues: 23, 66, 54, 99, 104 - 117
Ultimate Dinosaurs by the ROM
The first two issues from the Dinosaur series by Signore and Bacchini

Bullyland Lamebosaurus & Therizinosaurus
Schleich branches
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleona on June 27, 2016, 10:41:55 PM

That is such a cool case! I gotta see if they make that for Androids...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 01, 2016, 01:04:18 PM
...some news at the end of June..

More pictures on my collection thread soon...

Very nice lot! Didn't know those early humans were sold together like that as well.

Flaffy

Is that the original versions of the amebelodon or the new 2016 amebelodon? I'm still searching for one... The original version looks so much better!  ;D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 04, 2016, 03:49:35 AM
Is that the original versions of the amebelodon or the new 2016 amebelodon? I'm still searching for one... The original version looks so much better!  ;D

The Amebelodon in that picture is the new one but I have also the old one.
And yes, the old one looks way better...
I will post comparative pictures in my collection thread soon (I'm quite busy at the time).
Regards.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on July 03, 2016, 09:20:26 PM
Didn't know those early humans were sold together like that as well.

Safari Ltd sells "Evolution of Man" as a set only  ( https://www.safariltd.com/evolution-of-man-663816 ).
Selling them separately isn't the way Safari intended to for that figures ( but there are stores doing so..).
Also the discontinued "Evolution of Men" by Bullyland was sold as a set only at the time  ( http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv85/stoneage_2009/100_1825a.jpg ).

Regards.  :)

Bokisaurus

Lovely addition everyone!
My lalest addition, PNSO Euhelopus, what a beauty :)
[
You can see more of her and her new friends in the March of the Titan thread.
Cheers and happy 4th! :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 04, 2016, 06:18:47 PM
Lovely addition everyone!
My lalest addition, PNSO Euhelopus, what a beauty :)

It's very nice indeed. I want some of those figures, but I'm not very experienced in shopping online from outside the U.S.A

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Very nice pics.
My newest Acquisitions are 17 dinos of safari and schleich. A Sega Price white triceratops, the sega price t-rex and the walking with dinosaurs ultimate gorgon. I will add pics if the tric has reached me, its still on his way. Im super happy that i got this big triceratops.  :))

CityRaptor

Oh no

CityRaptor

You probably thought the other bidder was someone else, but it was me, CityRaptor!
Oh no

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 05, 2016, 12:09:17 PM
You probably thought the other bidder was someone else, but it was me, CityRaptor!
Why didnt u go higher in bidding?

CityRaptor

The computer I was using decided to freeze.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: