You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

I got a load of figures in today from Japan.

Flaffy

:o Woah, that's quite a haul you got there. Congrats  :))
Still hunting for the Favourite Box Set B deinonychus, can't seem to find it anywhere.

Jose S.M.

Great haul! I like that Triceratops with the green markings.

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on January 03, 2017, 05:11:02 PM
I got a load of figures in today from Japan.

Fantastic lot! Any chance of a better pic of the Invicta Rex in the box?

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 03, 2017, 05:20:00 PM
:o Woah, that's quite a haul you got there. Congrats  :))
Still hunting for the Favourite Box Set B deinonychus, can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks  :)
The deinonychus variant can be a little tricky to find but it does come up for sale every so often on Yahoo Japan auctions. I think i've seen two or three over the past couple of months.

QuoteGreat haul! I like that Triceratops with the green markings.

Thanks,
the triceratops is a museum exclusive made by Favorite a few years ago. It's taken me sometime to find one but i've finally got one.

QuoteFantastic lot! Any chance of a better pic of the Invicta Rex in the box?

Yeah that's no problem, here's a close up of it. These Japanese releases look quite nice in their boxes, it really adds to the figure.

Tyto_Theropod

Great new additions, everyone! I'll get round to posting mine just as soon as I get round to recharging my camera... :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on January 04, 2017, 02:19:10 PM

Yeah that's no problem, here's a close up of it. These Japanese releases look quite nice in their boxes, it really adds to the figure.

Wonderful box art, thanks for sharing! I love how they made that famous Invicta artwork part of their box art. When were these figures released in Japan? Seventies, or later?

spinosaurus1

just got the bad boy today

best thing in my collection, hands down

Libraraptor

Great new additions, everyone! Impressive, really! And that Tyrannosaurus by Invicta in thas nice package, wow!
I was a little more modest and only got myself Carnegie big Psittacosaurus. Everyone knows what it looks like and it did´t arrive yet, so no picture.

Pachyrhinosaurus

That ceratosaurus is nice; Sideshow models always make for an impressive centerpiece. If I had the spare cash it would make a great companion piece to the stegosaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

thank you pachyrhinosaurus. this is my first purchase from sideshow and the first time i ever purchased what i consider to be a museum quality piece. i'm not gonna lie, i was struck in awe by the detail and coloration of this statue. the photos does it no justice

Patrx

The dinosaur itself is really nice, I really like the skin detail and soft-tissue construction. But man, those pterosaurs are rough.

Jose S.M.

Pretty cool Ceratosaurus! I like the color squeme.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Patrx on January 05, 2017, 09:34:38 PM
The dinosaur itself is really nice, I really like the skin detail and soft-tissue construction. But man, those pterosaurs are rough.

i agree to an extant. i was a bit disapointed with their rather subtle details and wish for it to be more defined, and their definitely large enough to acquire the extra attention to detail, but artistically speaking, it makes sense for them to not received the extra attention as their not the focal point of the grand scheme of the statue. their more of a secondary item to be admired from a distance and it certinly does it's job well in that department. it's only when your really up close to notice what could of been done more to the sculpt

the ceratosaurus just blows me away. 10/10

JohannesB

The I-TOY Ceratosaurus toy model. Kind of a cross between Papo and Rebor style.

sauroid

Quote from: Johannes on January 06, 2017, 01:00:47 PM
that is a cool Ceratosaurus, Johannes...
is it made of vinyl?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

JohannesB

Quote from: sauroid on January 06, 2017, 04:42:19 PM
Quote from: Johannes on January 06, 2017, 01:00:47 PM
that is a cool Ceratosaurus, Johannes...
is it made of vinyl?

I like it too, and on the box it says it is made of PVC. (Base made of polystone.)

BlueKrono

Bokisaurus - What's that entelodont from?

Anyway, thought I'd share some of the more interesting things I've gotten recently. Without further ado:

Two Andrewsarchus resin kits - by Vitali Klatt on the left and an older version by Paleocraft on the right. I've been seeking the Paleocraft Andy for years, and it is probably my favorite 3-D model of this animal ever made. So dynamic, and with a ferocious snarl. The Klatt just came out in 2016 and is much more conservative. I very much appreciate the effort to get away from the stereotypical "stripey wolf" look, and I personally believe this is much closer to what Andrewsarchus actually looked like. The bare skin was an interesting choice, but after all, hippos are some of its closest modern-day relatives.

There's that iconic outline... The anatomy on this piece is spot-on. With how bulky the body is (and it's certainly plausible that it could have been) this would have been a truly massive animal.

Lips for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!

I call him Jowls.

My prehistoric seas are now hoppin' thanks to Jetoar's Paleo-Creatures line!

When the package was delivered from Spain it came with a sticker on it from the postal service that basically said, "Sorry we crushed your package. Oops. Sincerely, The Postal Service." It looked like it had gotten run over by a truck.

That corner used to be rectangular.

At this point I must emphasize that this was in no way Jetoar's fault. After it left his hands it was literally out of his hands. It's a testament to his careful packaging of each figure that any of these fragile resin models survived. To my great relief, all of them did! Bravo, Jetoar!

Each figure came with an informational card with name, age, origin, length, weight, diet, and general information. The name, scale, and "Paleo-Creatures" was also imprinted underneath each base. The scale was a little confusing to me, as these figures had the following scales: 1:1, 1:32, and 1:35. Those last two seemed pretty close to me. While Tullymonstrum and Xenacanthus are both labeled "1:1", Tully could reach 14 inches, and Xena one meter, so this cannot have been accurate. Nevertheless, the figures are delightful. My favorite is the Koolasuchus, which I asked for in the darker, bullfrog-looking green. The shiny clear coat looks great on this early amphibian as well as the water on his base, and would have been nice to see on all the aquatic critters. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase - some of these species have never been made before - and would highly recommend Paleo-Creatures.

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 09, 2017, 08:43:16 AM

The scale was a little confusing to me, as these figures had the following scales: 1:1, 1:32, and 1:35. Those last two seemed pretty close to me. While Tullymonstrum and Xenacanthus are both labeled "1:1", Tully could reach 14 inches, and Xena one meter, so this cannot have been accurate. Nevertheless, the figures are delightful. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase - some of these species have never been made before - and would highly recommend Paleo-Creatures.

Koolasuchus and Xenacanthus are 2 figures that I asked to Jesus as a commission/personal request and he added to his great Paleo-Creatures line (the last one was Saurosuchus - 1:35 - ).
Xenacanthus is at 1:7 scale and Koolasuchus is at 1:35 scale.

( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663388583710 )

Killekor

... Here Killekor from Mallorca...Do you recieve me?...

Some days ago i've recieved some new dinosaurs:

Schleich Carnotaurus: i've never thinked to get it, but when i saw It in a Store, i've decided to get it. Ok, he's not accurate, but It have a GREAT sculpt and a fantastic color scheme.

Vote: 8/10

I've also recieved my First PNSO's, as gift by a parent in china:

Euhelophus: It Is a fantastic model, when i recieved It, i was surprised because It was smaller of how i've imagined It.

Vote: 8,5/10

Shantungosaurus: great sculpture, i like particullary his head, unfortunately, It have some stability problems, probably It have this problems from the Shipping. Same thing as the Euhelophus ("when i recieved It, i was surprised because It was smaller of how i've imagined It")

Vote: 9/10

Lufengosaurus: I don't know why many people of this forum hate It, i love the sculpture and the color scheme, ok, the pose is inaccurate, but, it's a fantastic model! Reverse of the Euhelophus and shantungosaurus, i was surprised because It was bigger of how i've imagined!

Vote: 8/10

I've also recieved a PNSO book, unfortunately, i don't know to talk chinese, but It have FANTASTIC illustrations!

Vote: 9,5/10

But all this Is not the best...

A real Nothosaur skeleton!, i'm so happy, but i don't know What species It Is, so, if you know It, please, reply in this thread:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5313.new#new

EDIT: It's a Keichousaurus.

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: