You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Good haul there, Brontodocus. Judging from my latest haul today, we seem to share interests.  ;D

This just in:

Also, not a dinosaur, but of vital importance to my dinosaur collection, my new display space:

Paposaurs take and fully deserve the top spot:

And there's a light-up feature involved too:

I got room for more figures now! Not for long, no doubt...  ::)

Patrx

Great stuff :) I've always really liked the paint scheme of that Trike, but the sculpt just isn't accurate enough for me to justify buying.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice to see someone else that likes the Papo Tylo as well Andre ! ;D

Nice display shelf Roselaar ! I love using lighting to help show off the collection. :)

is that a big Rex sculpture in a box on the very top ? Can't recall if I've seen it before if so. :?

Metallisuchus

Bronto, is that the Safari Sable? I only have the Mojo one so far.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 13, 2012, 06:15:08 PM

is that a big Rex sculpture in a box on the very top ? Can't recall if I've seen it before if so. :?

Yeah, it's a surprisingly little known awesome Japanese T-Rex maquette produced by Happinet sculptor Shinzen. You can either wait for it to appear in my current Collection Thread, or you can view older pics of it here as you scroll down a bit:

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=3431&page=6

I wish someone could tell me more about it. It's frustrating to know so little about its company and such.

Primeval12

Battatt tyrannosaurus rex $2.99  ;D

[attachment msg=13959][/attachment]

Takama

Daaaaaaamn :o   you lucky Duck :P

Gwangi

Quote from: primeval12 on July 13, 2012, 11:15:59 PM

There has got to be a story behind that, please tell us!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on July 13, 2012, 11:47:28 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on July 13, 2012, 11:15:59 PM

There has got to be a story behind that, please tell us!
Yale sale perhaps?

Primeval12

Ok,  here's the story. My dad picked me up from summer school and we stopped at a few places. I couldn't find anything at those places so we went to a place called Savers. Savers is a second hand store and sometimes there's cool stuff (today there was an ivicta brachiosarus,  carnaige Beipiaosaurus, and jp lost world spinosaurus) all of which I had. I was looking around and saw the tail under another item. I didn't know what it was at first so I picked it up. When I saw it I was shocked. I looked at the price tag and was even more amazed. So I got it and that's the story. If you live on the New England USA area I'd look it up online and see if there's one near you.

Thanks to my little sister for taking the pic

[attachment msg=13964][/attachment]

Seijun

That's awesome  ;D I have dreams about finding battats for $2 at yard sales and thrift shops.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Paleona

Wow, awesome find!  I'm envious of your luck.  Looks like the paint is in pretty good shape, too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on July 13, 2012, 09:17:37 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 13, 2012, 06:15:08 PM

Yeah, it's a surprisingly little known awesome Japanese T-Rex maquette produced by Happinet sculptor Shinzen. You can either wait for it to appear in my current Collection Thread, or you can view older pics of it here as you scroll down a bit:

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=3431&page=6

I wish someone could tell me more about it. It's frustrating to know so little about its company and such.

It's pretty sweet..I'd def buy one if it were more available depending on price of course...lol

That's how I felt when I first saw the Sega red Rex...I knew I had to have one but knew nothing about it.

Paleona

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 14, 2012, 03:05:42 AM
That's how I felt when I first saw the Sega red Rex...I knew I had to have one but knew nothing about it.

Er, speaking of, I've been longing for a Sega Rex of my own ever since seeing the review for it on the blog, haha.  I've been checking eBay regularly, but is there any easier way of obtaining one?  I suppose I'd consider him a "grail".  Sorry for derailing...

Seijun

I dont know of any sources, other than hunting jauce (im not sure that they are very common there either, and you would be lucky to find one using jauce's search). I sold one on ebay after the blog post came out, but thats the only one I have seen there since they went "extinct" in stores.

Here is my recent acquisition:

I have to go out tomorrow and find shelves, but this will be the new home for my carnegie and safari collections.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on July 14, 2012, 06:40:28 AM
I dont know of any sources, other than hunting jauce (im not sure that they are very common there either, and you would be lucky to find one using jauce's search). I sold one on ebay after the blog post came out, but thats the only one I have seen there since they went "extinct" in stores.

Here is my recent acquisition:

I have to go out tomorrow and find shelves, but this will be the new home for my carnegie and safari collections.

Those look like IKEA Billy cases!  If they are the right size (40 or 80 cm) you might even be able to get glass doors for them--keeps off the dust!

Seijun

I believe it is the same. I got the pair for $75. They are 80 cm wide and match all the specifications of the billy bookcases. I guess I will have to start saving for doors now!

Pilkington

I'm very envious of those IKEA cases, I really wish there was a IKEA closer to me especially now that I've found the site IKEA Hackers.  Although with how cute some of the pet stuff is and the way I shop there it's probably a good thing the closest is a couple of hours away from me.

I recently picked up a Papo Styracosaurus.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Seijun

The closest ikea to me is 2 hours away, so looks like I wont be getting any doors anytime soon.

ITewan

My nearest IKEA is about an hour away, the Bookshelf I use for my collection at the moment is from IKEA
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: