You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 24, 2017, 02:13:38 PM
Who makes that Caulki? Is that a Unique Species?

Design Toscano. It's resin and quite huge.  :o
Unfortunately it's toothless...  :-[
Two weeks ago it was strongly discounted on Amazon Italy. ;)
Now it's full priced again.  :(

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dyscrasia on May 24, 2017, 11:45:49 AM
This little fella has arrived today~  ^-^

My Stegosaurus "Clover" from Rebor also turned up today.  It's a larger model than I expected and more substantial.  I had a slightly worrying moment when I put the egg into the curved bowl of the base and feared for a horrible moment that it was going to be pushed forward and off by the pressure of the ferns behind, but no.  Phew!  I was pleased to find that the clover leaf was an optional extra, supplied in a little plastic bag, so I didn't have to work out if it could be extracted from the hatching's jaws without causing damage.  One worry less!  In the same package were the CollectA Regaliceratops - small, but perfectly formed and an attractive addition to my herd of ceratopsians.  Also the CollectA Ginkgo biloba tree, which is quite imposing.

It's been a good day for opening packages, as I also had the pleasure of removing Jetoar's pair of Teleocrater from their little box.  They're charming miniatures.

And I placed a commission with Martin Garratt, so something to look forward to.....

ceratopsian

And here are a few shots of the Teleocrater pair by Jetoar.  I was keen to try out my new phone's camera!

and

Jetoar

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 24, 2017, 06:58:29 PM
And here are a few shots of the Teleocrater pair by Jetoar.  I was keen to try out my new phone's camera!

and

Thank you Ceratopsian for sharing them ^-^. Robingoodfellows, this erytrosuchus looks really good  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Jetoar on May 24, 2017, 07:14:06 PM

Robingoodfellows, this erytrosuchus looks really good  ^-^.

Thanks

(picture credits@Martin Garratt)

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Megalosaurus

Nice.
I specially like the Eritro & the Teleos.
For me I got this: (sorry for the blurry cellphone picture)

I'm specially fond of the rare arthropleura, and acanthodians.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 24, 2017, 11:41:48 PM
Nice.
I specially like the Eritro & the Teleos.
For me I got this: (sorry for the blurry cellphone picture)

I'm specially fond of the rare arthropleura, and acanthodians.
How much can one get by selling the Arthropleura? I have one that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thansk
-Zhuchengotyrant

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on May 25, 2017, 02:01:23 AM
How much can one get by selling the Arthropleura? I have one that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thansk

I don't know how much someone is willing to pay. A forum friend sell it to me so he doesn't made much profit.
Its value resides in that its the only figure of arthropleura in the world. It is rare to find by itself (I never see one on ebay or yahoo). But seems that you still can get the book that contains it in amazon.
So it can be a nice figure to trade with.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

docronnie

Congratulations on your new acquisitions!  ^-^

A few items I've acquired:

Takara Tomy Ania Series Smilodon - 2015 

Tsukuda Jurassic Park Small Triceratops  - 1993 

TFL!  ^-^
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Fembrogon

I suddenly had a craving a couple of weeks back, so I grabbed two of the Colorata Dinosaur sets off of eBay.
They came in this weekend:

I'll be working on reviews for these, so hopefully you'll see those sometime soon.

Neosodon

I hope you like bases.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Lanthanotus

That is a very nice Smilodon figure, docronnie.

Nice colorata sets aswell, thought about getting these too.

docronnie

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 29, 2017, 08:38:33 PM
That is a very nice Smilodon figure, docronnie.

Thanks Lanthanotus! 😇
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Received these lovely golden oldies this week:

MLMjp

Great acquisitions everyone!

As for me, I got some papos:

Loon

Haven't bought some figures in a while, and some of the stuff you guys have looks tempting...
I have managed to pick up a few things though.

Some Kenner JP stuff for that ever growing collection.

If anyone has a Stegosaurus skin patch or the Dilophosaurus frill, please let me know

I found this Kaiyodo set at a local collectibles show (not for the price on the sticker, mind you).

If anyone could tell me about this, it would be very much appreciated, I can't seem to find anything on it.

BlueKrono

I recognize one figure in there I'm familiar with - that white repaint of the Acrocanthosaurus. Much rarer than the dark, normal version, I've never seen it for sale for less than $80. Perhaps the others are color variants as well - you could check the Bay.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on June 02, 2017, 09:13:35 AM
Haven't bought some figures in a while, and some of the stuff you guys have looks tempting...
I have managed to pick up a few things though.

I found this Kaiyodo set at a local collectibles show (not for the price on the sticker, mind you).

If anyone could tell me about this, it would be very much appreciated, I can't seem to find anything on it.

That set was released for the 2002 Dino Expo. There were 8 in all, five came in that box set, and they were all repaints of Dinotales 3 figures. I've seen this set of five for $80 or so on eBay, and maybe a little less on YAJ.

There was a third Acrocanthosaurus repaint that only came with the Series 3 art book, it's similar to the Expo one but not identical, and that one's much rarer.

If I'm not mistaken, you have the one on the right, correct? The one on the left is the book version, that's the rare one (although yours is certainly rarer than the standard Dinotales version).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

a lot of great acquisitions lately! Coloratas, Kaiyodos, Papos, Carnegies, Paleocreatures and all others. Congrats to all their new owners!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: