You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Quote from: Johannes on June 11, 2017, 09:48:14 PM
I got this Sega Triceratops to go with the Sega Tyrannosaurus. Very nice (and very big) toy models.

Is the picture you posted a photomontage? I get such impression looking at the back foot and the tail.

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on June 13, 2017, 03:42:12 AM
I just picked up the Terra Battat Tyrannosaurus at Target today, with the money I got from donating plasma today. I really regret not picking these figures up sooner. It is such a nice T. rex figure, considering the sculpt was originally done in the 90's I think? Even if this line is sold at Target (and elsewhere?) now, I'm really glad it has a connection to my childhood favorite museum. I'm even wondering if the T. rex statue I saw there in the late 90's was the one similar to this figure (or rather the original figure). If only my memory from then wasn't too fuzzy.

The sculpt of the Battat Terra Tyrannosaurus was indeed done in the 90s, by Gregory Wenzel back when he and Dan LoRusso worked on the Battat dinosaur line together.  The colour scheme for the Battat Terra version is by Dan LoRusso and is based on that of Dan's life-size Tyrannosaurus at the Museum of Science, Boston.  Photos of the life-size version can be seen here: link  In the comments there, Dan said it was done in 2000/2001.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reptilia on June 13, 2017, 01:56:00 PM
Quote from: Johannes on June 11, 2017, 09:48:14 PM
I got this Sega Triceratops to go with the Sega Tyrannosaurus. Very nice (and very big) toy models.

Is the picture you posted a photomontage? I get such impression looking at the back foot and the tail.

Not sure what kind of device you're using, but the full photo is visible to me on an iphone or a desktop. Have you tried scrolling to the right?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

Quote from: Sim on June 13, 2017, 03:40:02 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on June 13, 2017, 03:42:12 AM
I just picked up the Terra Battat Tyrannosaurus at Target today, with the money I got from donating plasma today. I really regret not picking these figures up sooner. It is such a nice T. rex figure, considering the sculpt was originally done in the 90's I think? Even if this line is sold at Target (and elsewhere?) now, I'm really glad it has a connection to my childhood favorite museum. I'm even wondering if the T. rex statue I saw there in the late 90's was the one similar to this figure (or rather the original figure). If only my memory from then wasn't too fuzzy.

The sculpt of the Battat Terra Tyrannosaurus was indeed done in the 90s, by Gregory Wenzel back when he and Dan LoRusso worked on the Battat dinosaur line together.  The colour scheme for the Battat Terra version is by Dan LoRusso and is based on that of Dan's life-size Tyrannosaurus at the Museum of Science, Boston.  Photos of the life-size version can be seen here: link  In the comments there, Dan said it was done in 2000/2001.

Thanks for the information Sim. So I was a few years too early to see the new statue back then. Although I probably did see it when I went there again in my high school years around 2006 or 2007, if it was done in the early 2000's. Too bad I just don't remember all that well. I guess if I ever get a chance to go there again, I'll need to pay more attention to paying it a visit. At least I can have this smaller version that's close enough for now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Brontozaurus

I've been plugging the last few gaps in my yowie collection thanks to a very nice seller on ebay. Got Deltasaurus from them last week, and now the Giant Echidna, Arandaspis, and Mcnamaraspis are on their way to me.

Which leaves only Mawsonites, Straight-shelled Cephalopod, Coil-Toothed Shark and Dubbolimulus missing.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

BlueKrono

The Mcnamaraspis is my favorite Yowie. The color is just so awesome.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Loon

Great finds all round! Speaking of....I have finally found her....

Kaprosaurus

Isn't that expensive? For how much did you get it?

Loon

Yeah, I got it decently cheap about $160 shipped. It's expensive as hell, but relative to others I've seen pretty decent.

Lanthanotus

I love that claim "realistic dinosaur skin" :D  .... nevertheless an impressive acquistion, as young teenager I bought the T. rex junior, because I couldn't afford that one - would for sure have been my 1st choice :D

Neosodon

Is the skin rubbery? I had a couple dinosaurs as a kid that had the skin loose fitting and made out of rubber so it felt real. That's what I'm thinking of when it says "Realistic Dinosaur Skin."

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Loon

Quote from: Neosodon on June 21, 2017, 08:33:26 PM
Is the skin rubbery? I had a couple dinosaurs as a kid that had the skin loose fitting and made out of rubber so it felt real. That's what I'm thinking of when it says "Realistic Dinosaur Skin."
Yeah, the head, body, and tail are rubber, with the latter being supported by a plastic "skeleton," and metal wire, respectively. Only the lower legs and arms are hard plastic.

Roselaar

Quote from: Loon on June 21, 2017, 01:18:58 AM
Great finds all round! Speaking of....I have finally found her....

Congrats! Series 2 re-release too, judging from the box design. Did you check whether it actually comes with the rare JPS2 movie card as opposed to the regular JPS1 art card? You might want to do so, considering the box isn't exactly in good condition anyway...

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice to see you got a red rex. I just pulled mine out from storage the other day. Do the electronics work in yours? Some of them (including mine) have a problem as they age where the roar doesn't stop.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

Got myself a nice Cryolophosaurus:

Reptilia

I'm so jealous! By the way, does anybody have trouble make the figure stand on its feet? I have the feeling it might be like the Baryonyx, some stand just fine, others don't.

postsaurischian

Mine is standing perfectly on its two hind legs.
It has a tiny kind of a "snow shoe" under its right foot that stabilizes the position, tail in the air :).

Roselaar

Hhmm... doesn't seem to work for mine then.

Simon

My PNSO "Triceratops DOYLE" just arrived, and it is a thing of BEAUTY. 

It has that lifelike "dancing" look that has become a Zhao Chang trademark.  He has become by far and away my favorite dinosaur sculptor. 

His blending of accuracy with life-likeness, even grace, in his sculpts puts him head and shoulders above his brethren in the dino sculpting community.

Dyscrasia

New Collecta deluxe models just arrived.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: