You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on November 28, 2017, 04:53:42 PM
Happy birthday! Great figures, I'm very fond of Collecta Ampelosaurus, it was the first sauropod I got for my collection.

Same! I'm not a massive sauropod fan, I mean, I like them a lot but not enough to collect any figures of them, but I really wanted this Ampelosaurus. It's also the first sauropod in my collection (if you exclude some plushies and chinasaurs from when I was a child). The colours of this model just feel more real to me, more so then the really brightly coloured sauropods we're seeing a lot more of nowadays. Nothing wrong with bright colours, I just feel that they can be a little much at times :)

Roselaar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on November 28, 2017, 04:31:29 PM
Got myself a nice small haul for my birthday :))

• Jurassic Park 3 Animatronic Spinosaurus
  • PNSO Age of Dinosaurs Baby Amargasaurus
  • CollectA Ampelosaurus
  • CollectA Swimming Spinosaurus
  • Wild Safari Ceolophysis
  • Natural History Museum Megalosaurus

Very good haul! Is that the white teeth variant of the Spino? That would make it even better!

PhilSauria

Yes, nice selection there! Never seen that Spinosaurus before. I've also had a birthday recently and scored the PNSO Triceratops. The Ampelosaurus has been in my collection for a while now, I am a massive Sauropod fan, and especially a fan of massive Sauropods; there are over 40 of them jostling for prime position on top of my book case. The recent trend towards brighter colours is not one that I embrace either, to the extent that I have repainted the Safari Diplodocus (my repaint 'inspired' by the colour schemes on the subjects of some of artist Raul Martin's magnificent Sauropod paintings).

Jose S.M.

I would love to see your repaint Philsauria, I don't hate or even dislike the color on the Diplo but I've thought a lot about how it would look in more traditional or naturalistic colors.

PhilSauria

I don't have any image hosting set up at the moment (can anyone recommend a reliable one?), I just joined the forum at about the time of the Photobucket business, so that was out! I would like to and will post this image and others once I am set up, including my own birthday haul. I will be out of the country (well, my country) for most of December so I will not be able to follow this up further until the new year - on my resolutions list though!

Jose S.M.

I'm using postimage since the pb purge, it has only been down once since that, for like two days and then back to normal. I hope we see your pics next year then, and good luck in your trip!

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Roselaar on November 28, 2017, 08:47:54 PM

• CollectA Ampelosaurus

Very good haul! Is that the white teeth variant of the Spino? That would make it even better!

White teeth variant? :o Is it weird for it to have white teeth? Also which Spino are we talkin' about here, the CollectA one or the JP3 one?

Roselaar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on November 29, 2017, 12:24:43 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on November 28, 2017, 08:47:54 PM

• CollectA Ampelosaurus

White teeth variant? :o Is it weird for it to have white teeth? Also which Spino are we talkin' about here, the CollectA one or the JP3 one?

The JP III Spino, sorry. Believe it or not, the regular JP III Spinosaurs (if there is such a thing, considering these are not easy to find and very sought after) all have gold teeth. About one in four has white, as would be expected. So you've got a fairly uncommon variant on an already uncommon figure there, good for you!

Roselaar

Got some nice new Japanese dinosaurs:

PlesiosaurusNessy

The Archaeopteryx looks very fantastic, what for a wonderful choice and catch!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Fembrogon

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 12, 2017, 07:44:04 AM
A flea market find. Probably supposed to be a crocodile, but feet seem kind of flipperish to me and put me in mind of a Metriorhynchus.
https://s5.postimg.cc/kxrm48r3b/image.jpg
The pose and coloration is reminiscent of Zdenek Burian's Mesosaurus. Perhaps that was the intent?

Quote from: Roselaar on November 30, 2017, 07:56:25 PM
Got some nice new Japanese dinosaurs:

https://s6.postimg.cc/bexdxqpf5/IMG_20171130_200219.jpg
Ugh, I want those, but I've been hoping DeJankins would start supplying them.

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 28, 2017, 11:12:16 PM
I don't have any image hosting set up at the moment (can anyone recommend a reliable one?)..
I switched to Imgur, which is pretty good; you can organize your photos without much hassle, the urls are short, and you can even adjust the size of your image links.

SO... My turn? haven't been around in a while, but I just got some new stuff.
I grabbed my first two Schleich figures at Meijer recently - they might not be totally accurate, but they do look pretty nice. Honestly, I think Herrerasaurus is a genus that wears the cliche reptilian look well.

And my haul from Safari's Black Friday sale arrived today. I am in LOVE:

Faelrin

My black friday sale order arrived today (American Mastodon, Ankylosaurus, Sauropelta, Regaliceratops, and Triceratops). Edit: The rest of the images I took will be in the comparison thread, otherwise pic below:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Things I got in the last few weeks.

A paper diorama from the Czech ABC magazine.
Michael Crichton's Dragon Teeth
Most of the first season of Paleoworld on DVD. Going by the episode list, the missing three episodes are "Rise Of The Predators", "Dino Sex" and "Mistaken Identity". I would have prefered if those were included instead of "Missing Links", "Attack Of The Killer Kangaroos" and "Back To The Seas"...or you know, if the season was complete. But oh well. Gotta give them credit for using the Carnegie T.rex and Schleich Torosaurus instead of simply slapping some Papos on the cover, like pretty much everyone else.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Big gashapon haul

I spent the morning sorting through it all, which was quite fun because the figures were in pieces and needed assembling.

The junk (this has gone in the trash):

Stuff I'm keeping for myself (Kabaya Seismosaurus and Triceratops, and various Dinotales figures)

Stuff I'm selling

He got a fish!

suspsy

Do all those unwanted ones really belong in the trash? Maybe a local school or daycare would like them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on December 02, 2017, 02:36:15 PM
Do all those unwanted ones really belong in the trash? Maybe a local school or daycare would like them.
Some of those extant Kaiyodo are worth a fair bit too.

ITdactyl

Wow!  What a haul of treasure TQ...

and then I saw some bits in the "trash" pile that seemed interesting (I spy a kabaya diplodocus head, a kaiyodo doedicurus, and a couple of stegos for starters).  Ah well, as they say one man's trash...

BlueKrono

I would totally have bought that vampire squid you trashed.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

tanystropheus

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 02, 2017, 06:57:14 PM

I didn't know that trashing vampire squids is now a thing! :o
What a time to be alive  8)

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 03, 2017, 01:05:04 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 02, 2017, 06:57:14 PM

I didn't know that trashing vampire squids is now a thing! :o
What a time to be alive  8)

That and the paper nautilus are both Agatsuma figures...fairly hard to get, generally pretty expensive. Hard to believe they were grabaged.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: