You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 02, 2017, 06:57:14 PM
I would totally have bought that vampire squid you trashed.

How much is it worth? Bear in mind that what you saw is what you get. No base or anything.

QuoteThat and the paper nautilus are both Agatsuma figures...fairly hard to get, generally pretty expensive. Hard to believe they were grabaged.
Want the paper nautilus? I can get it out of the dustbin. Might be a bit stinky but I can wash it.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 03, 2017, 05:11:17 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 02, 2017, 06:57:14 PM
I would totally have bought that vampire squid you trashed.

How much is it worth? Bear in mind that what you saw is what you get. No base or anything.

QuoteThat and the paper nautilus are both Agatsuma figures...fairly hard to get, generally pretty expensive. Hard to believe they were grabaged.
Want the paper nautilus? I can get it out of the dustbin. Might be a bit stinky but I can wash it.

I don't really know what they're worth--they don't show up in auctions very often. Myself, I have the full set, but I'm sure someone could find a home for them!

BlueKrono

No idea, I hadn't seen it before. If it were still salvageable I'd love the vampire.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Bases or not I'd take them off your hands! I can't offer much for them, but if no-one else wants them I can at least make it worth the effort of retrieving and mail posting them.

paintingdinos

Got these cool kids with the help from Brett (brettnj):

Really excited about the Kaiyodos. First time collecting them, and they're very neat.

Joey

Man, the Favorite Spino is a monster compared to the Kaiyodos!

ceratopsian

Quote from: paintingdinos on December 05, 2017, 04:48:50 AM

Really excited about the Kaiyodos. First time collecting them, and they're very neat.

They are lovely models - and quite addictive!  I'm prepared to bet they won't be your only Kaiyodos.

SBell

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 05, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

They are lovely models - and quite addictive!  I'm prepared to bet they won't be your only Kaiyodos.

Welcome to the nightmare that is Kaiyodo dinosaur figures--I started with just one Brontotherium...now I have hundreds.

And Kaiyodo just leads to things like Takara, Yujin, Colorata and Kabaya...the Japanese are very good at what they do!

Shonisaurus

The capsule of Kaiyodo dinotales ceraptósidos that I bought Brett and Emiko is a work of art. Sincerely, the figures of Kaiyodo dinotales occupy very little space and it is ideal to start to become interested in the dinosaur figures of Japanese companies and therefore adapt to their toy philosophy.

Sincerely Favorite and Kaiyodo are two of my favorite companies the Japanese are very hardworking and competitive in their paleoartistic works and in general in everything.  :)

CityRaptor

A few figures from Japan I have been waiting for....and Baltan!

Konami SF Movie Selection King Kong
Yokuryu ( Pteranodon )
Rairyu ( Brontosaurus )

Bandai Godzilla High Grade: Shin Godzilla Climax
Godzilla 2016 4th Form
Godzilla 2016 4th Form Maquette Version
They are the same mold and both come with two different lower jaws. I used the "normal" jaw for the "normal" ( well, as normal as Shin is ) version and the split lower jaw for the maquette version. The unused jaws are at their feet.

And finally, the seller also added a freebie: Alien Baltan from the Ultraman series. I always thought that if I would get someone from that series, it would be something better fitting in here, like Gomora or Jirass or Dinosaur Tank, but I guess it's Baltan. Well for now. Don't know if I'll keep it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on December 07, 2017, 03:17:56 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 05, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

Welcome to the nightmare that is Kaiyodo dinosaur figures--I started with just one Brontotherium...now I have hundreds.

Hundreds of Brontotheriums or hundreds of Kaiyodos? If you have hundreds of Brontotheriums, then your collection is a lot larger than I could possibly imagine!  :o  :o :o

CityRaptor

Probably hundreds of Kaiyodos. The japanese are masters at creating addicting miniature figures.
Oh no

sauroid

And Kaiyodo just leads to things like Takara, Yujin, Colorata and Kabaya...the Japanese are very good at what they do!
it is a nightmare indeed, the figures are brittle and easily break. i have so many ruined ones in the "trash" box.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

paintingdinos

Quote from: sauroid on December 10, 2017, 04:38:32 PM

it is a nightmare indeed, the figures are brittle and easily break. i have so many ruined ones in the "trash" box.

I popped the tarbosaurus off of its carcass to get a better look at it, but accidentally sent it flying across my desk. Terrifying- very luck it didn't break!

They all live in display cabinet now with my other delicate shapeways stuff :P

I don't have much of a theme in collecting other than I like figures with fluid or non-traditional poses. The one exception being feathered theropods, which Kaiyodo thankfully is filling that void in toy form. Now, just need more feathered resin kits...

CityRaptor

Yep, they are clearly not toys. I keep mine in one of those:

Same model of display cabinet, but with the adjustable shelves inside arranged slightly differently, as the high one is on top in mine. Also of course free of Pokemon and other junk shown here.
Oh no

SBell

Well, it took almost 5 years, but Malcolm came through!

Yes, it's 1/40, and as huge as you'd expect! Notice the little Lego Friend mini!

Also, Safari arrived for my store today...so great to see the first batch! Most of which I have added to my collection!

https://faunafigures.com/product-tag/safari2018/

A Cenozoic (or Cainozoic if you're weird) geology fan should get why this sequence is so fantastic!

Dinos on a dinosaur leg...and close up!

It's a big Triceratops!

And...the fish. Elasmobranchs mostly!
https://scontent.fyyc5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/25075088_1590096954401661_6326768786929312158_o.jpg?oh=526e4bdf6b306ac53ef2e43472e79f67&oe=5A8F0007

sauroid

are the Mlodoch figures made of resin?

that Leedsichthys is awesome btw.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Vitae Giganotosaurus (1:35)

..a closer view..

..no problem at all with the head: detailed and well done..

My figure can stand even without the base

..but there are also pegs to fix Giga to the base..

A nice wet look (some free water) on the base

The trunk

Dimensions

The model is awesome... believe me...
^-^

Full Res Pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157689302539791/with/39003183231/

(sorry: pictures are from my iPad; better images on my collection thread soon)

Dyscrasia

Absolutely beautiful model~!

Although I am planning to get one later this month, I still really hate that shipping cost.

sauroid

gorgeous Giga. congrats RGF!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: